Wood River Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

3200 Bensalem Boulevard, Bensalem, PA, 19020

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Wood River Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Robert31 September 26, 2013

Woodriver has 2-story building apartments and all have either a patio or a sun porch and I liked that. They have different activities, a workout room and some clubs but they limit it. It's not as big as the other places we looked and it's an older place. We had lunch and it was good food. They have tiny rooms and kitchen. I didn't like the policy on some things like leasing.

polina4 September 21, 2011

I saw very true and simple service at this community. I noticed multiple interactions between the caregiver and the elderly. It felt that there were many more nurses than nursing assistants, which indicated that the quality of the place was noteworthy despite inexpensive decorations. The facility inside was very warm and clean. I overheard two nurses discussing the difficulties of treating their patients with memory loss, in a very mutually-driven conversation. One was recommending the other some ways to handle situations where the patient misunderstands or is frustrated with words and instructions. I also browsed over wall boards in which one has a whole board devoted to suggestions about how to make the environment more personalized and in which relatives left letters and posted notes filled with recommendations. I also saw one board with continuing education courses that the facility was offerng to its staff. That suggested to me that the place was not only welcoming for its intended customers- the elders, but also educational and flexible to outside communication and interrelational feedback. If I had to speak about its downsides, I would say I have been intrigued by its atmosphere that I did not notice much aside from the profanity that I heard betwen the staff at the front desk. If you want to welcome people in, all negative communication must stay outside the facility.

T.N.S August 17, 2011

We looked at Wood River Village while searching for a place for my mother in law that was close by and in the area. The facility beautiful and we found the staff along with the residents to be warm and friendly. At Wood River Village it appears the staff encourage bonding between residents which is important as it maybe a difficult transition to make for some. The only reason I have rated the facility a 4 our of 5 is due to the fact we feel it is a bit pricey.

About Wood River Village

Wood River Village is a continuing care retirement community in Bensalem, PA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Wood River Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Wood River Village