Clare Oaks

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Clare Oaks

February 08, 2015

By 1006mhd

My grandmother has been staying at this facility for a little over a month now for rehabilitation. My family and I visit her often and whenever I personally go to visit it is always a waiting game for my grandmother receive the care she needs. My grandmother is there for rehabilitation, which is the only part that has seemed helpful this far. This facility is understaffed and lacks compassion for their patients. My grandmother had undergone surgery and has needed assistance because she cannot use the bathroom to pass bowel movements. My grandmother has had to wait countless times for over half at hour, at least, to be changed and cleaned. The staff of CNAs do not take their responsibility seriously. I have been told that only nurses can change certain medical assistive equipment, but the CNAs will not even try to clean my grandmother, they leave her to lay in her own filth. When I have asked for clean linens for my grandmother to change myself the CNAs argue about who will actually get the linen. I have worked as a CNA myself and I have never seen such a lazy staff. The nurses have even said that my grandmother needs to be more patient because each nurse has 24 patients to overlook. Again, this facility is poorly understaffed. My grandmother has even told me she has waited for a nurse, only to find out that there had been a shift change so no one else was aware she needed assistance. Since each nurse has 24 patients my grandmother has to wait over half an hour to be cleaned? My grandmother needs to lay in soiled linen? Where is the compassion? The nurses and CNAs are there only to make money, not to provide appropriate care for the patients.

April 10, 2014

By Katy5

The people at Clare Oaks were wonderful. Julie, the one who gave me the tour, was phenomenal, and their follow-up was very good too. They would call me just to let me know how my mom was doing. The rooms were beautiful, and I would move there if I were old enough. To me, it was like a cruise ship without a casino. I was really impressed with it. My mom's doing great now, but if there's a change in anything, I would definitely move her there.

June 26, 2013

By Leslie16

We went to Clare Oaks and we really like the facility. It was my first choice. The place was very nice and very clean. They have enough staff which were wonderful and very knowledgeable. Everybody was very nice. They showed us around and I was very impressed. They seemed to be a very caring facility. Their shared rooms have a dividing wall. They did have different activities happening every day whether it was going somewhere or doing something within the place. They also have movies, library time, parties, and get togethers.

July 28, 2011

By Christine73

My folks looked at many places around the area before deciding on Claire Oaks. They will be moving in next week and so far, although the move has been stressful for them, the staff has been wonderful. The staff has always made the time to meet with them and spend time going over all the paperwork. When we visit, not only do the people in management welcome them but anyone we see from custodians to food service personnel greet them with a smile and kind word. Phone calls have been returned the same day, even when no one knows the answer, they return the call to assure my parents they are wokring on it.The buidling itself is immaculate, the grounds well kept, and the aparments and corridors bright and cheerful.

About Clare Oaks

Clare Oaks is a continuing care retirement community in Bartlett, IL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Clare Oaks for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Clare Oaks