NEED HELP FINDING CONTINUING CARE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of The Wesleyan at Estrella

Posted by Ophelia W July 21, 2015

The Wesleyan had over 100 apartments in it. It was really nice; it was just a little bit farther than where I want to go because I'm in San Antonio now. The staff was very nice and gave us a nice tour. They had one and two bedrooms, and they had efficiencies. You could choose how many meals you'd have per day, and they had dining rooms, exercise rooms, and all the good stuff.

Posted by Suzette2 January 29, 2015

My parents haven't moved in yet, but I've determined Wesleyan at Estrella was the one, and I know someone living there. The staff were friendly, kind, and helpful. The rooms were adequate, and the dining room was very nice.

Posted by emrfd November 04, 2011
4.0

The Wesleyan at Estrella is owned by the United Methodist Church and operates as a non-profit. In fact, the church considers the assisted living community to be part of their ministry. On the plus side, there's no buy-in charge - only a flat monthly fee for all services provided. Due to the church connection, Wesleyan offers chapel services and a chaplain. Their assisted living program is very well run with quality, skilled care. I believe they also offer a separate section of housing units for memory care patients (dementia, Alzeheimers). Amenities and social events are plentiful with scheduled activities, exercise classes, outings, concierge services, and games for residents. Each housing unit is equipped with a 24-hour call alarm, which is an excellent safety feature for responding to falls or accidents. Housing units are spacious and nicely designed with all appliances included. The food is decent and seems healthy. Overall, Wesleyan is a good choice if you're looking for a non-profit organization with a focus on assisted living, amenities, spiritual development, and social interaction among residents.

Location of The Wesleyan at Estrella