The Moorings of Arlington Heights Continuing Care Retirement Community

811 East Central Road, Arlington Heights, IL, 60005

Reviews of The Moorings of Arlington Heights | Continuing Care Retirement Community

September 23, 2014

By Pam32

The rooms are beautiful at The Moorings of Arlington Heights. The dining area is really nice. It's like you are eating in a restaurant. They have a swimming pool and a beauty salon. It’s actually a wonderful establishment. The woman I talked to who is in-charge of everything is absolutely fantastic and very knowledgeable. We had lunch there one afternoon and the food is terrific.

September 16, 2014

By Violet3

I don’t think I can afford The Moorings. I think you would have to buy into it but I liked it very much. That would be my ideal place if I could go to a place like that. It seemed like some place I would want to be and I would feel at home. It was just the right size and the meals were included which was very important to me because I’m not doing any cooking anymore. I liked the grounds and I liked the fact that it had a gate where people couldn’t come in unless they were authorized to. It had everything I would want if I were staying here in Illinois. That was where someone I know was living and she's passed away. She started out in a little apartment. The only thing that bothered me was if you have to walk to where you eat; and during winter that could be difficult. It just seemed to me it was quite a distance from her place. I think she was very satisfied there at least that’s the impression I got. It didn’t seem like an institution. She was living very comfortably in her unit which was like a little apartment. It was of comfortable size and it had a tiny kitchen, a living room and then two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The house looked clean. It was a very nice place.

August 07, 2014

By Gwen11

The Moorings was also very nice and was in a nice campus. They only had 2 bedroom apartments but they had townhouses which had 2 bedrooms also. They had a lot to offer and I had no problem with the place. However, I was not that pleased with the marketing department. The fact that we submitted the whole financial application and they would not let us stay overnight in the guest apartment until they approve us. The receptionist was a little distracted and not that personable just like in a rush to get you in. I did meet the social worker, she was fine. There should be a little more sincerity in the part of the marketing. I thought she just wanted to snag a sale.

June 27, 2014

By Tracy9

We visited the Moorings, and it was very beautiful, but the way that they get their buy-in almost priced my mom out right away. It was very nice. She would have been happier because it was just so pretty, but it was a smaller community. I really like the grounds and the outside area. It just was very quiet, serene. It had a very comfortable, relaxing feel. The rooms were beautiful. The staff was very bright and willing to share the different activities with us.

January 21, 2012

By W9RHERIP

My Grandmother and Grandfather moved into this facility about 12 years ago. The place is very nice, good food, a swimming pool, exercise facilities, small library, ponds, patios, excellent grounds, and many other great facilities. My grandparents stayed in the apartments, but as the years went on my grandpa had to move to the assisted living area. He was well cared for. My grandma still lives there today and has no complaints.

Photos of The Moorings of Arlington Heights

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt

About The Moorings of Arlington Heights

The Moorings of Arlington Heights is a senior living community for people who believe retirement is a time of endless possibilities. This 45-acre gated retirement community was originally part of the historic Magnus Farm. Today it is The Moorings of Arlington Heights, a Presbyterian Homes community in the heart of Chicago's northwest suburbs.

Founded in 1904, Presbyterian Homes is a not-for-profit, faith based organization with a national reputation for creating extraordinary retirement communities. Presbyterian Homes serves older adults through its residential and healthcare programs on campuses in Evanston, Lake Forest and Arlington Heights, Illinois. The organization is accredited by CARF-CCAC (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities-Continuing Care Accreditation Commission), the nation's only accrediting body for retirement communities.

Map of The Moorings of Arlington Heights