Luther Village

1220 Village Drive #145, Arlington Heights, IL, 60004

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Luther Village

GrammasGirl January 21, 2012

My grandmother moved in to Luther Village in Arlington Heights, Illinois, seven years ago. We visit often, and on the most recent trip, she told me she believes that it was the best move she's ever made. She's happy to still be living independently without the maintenance that was involved in her older home. Grandma has made friends on her floor, including a group she plays poker with once a week. Busses take the seniors to do their shopping, to area churches, and anywhere else they need to go locally. Additionally, there are planned outings every week to nearby cultural events, restaurants, and other fun activities. Grandma's condo still gives her the ability to be as independent as she wants, while having assistance nearby if needed. Luther Village has a restaurant on site, with a bar, where residents can pre-pay a monthly amount they need to meet for meals. This allows them to decide how many meals they'd like to cook in their own kitchen. The restaurant also allows residents and families to book catered events, so we hosted Grandma's 80th birthday party there a couple years ago. It was so convenient to be able to host all of our family and her friends, who didn't have to travel far to celebrate with her! Another nice thing Luther Village offers for families is a hospitality suite, where families can stay in a two-bedroom condo of their own if extra space is needed. The waiting list for this is quite long, so we've yet to take advantage, but it does seem like a nice perk for the seniors who have a large group coming to see them.

Robert1 October 19, 2011

I have a grandmother that belongs to this nursing village, and overall I think that it is a pretty great place for those who feel they cannot live on their own any longer. The staff is very kind and helpful, to both the residents and their visitors. The facilities are a little smaller than I have seen in other homes, but they are not smaller than a standard hotel room, and come with a full kitchen. I wish my grandmother would take advantage more of the facilities they offer though! They have 2 restaurants, as well as a pool, a bingo hall, and large gardens outside. Overall this place is a great village to send your parents if you are unable to take care of them yourself. It is a little on the expensive side, but I think in the end the service you get is worth the price you pay for it.

About Luther Village

Luther Village is a continuing care retirement community in Arlington Heights, IL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Luther Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Luther Village