Starlight Homes Assisted Living at Briardale

4623 Briardale Street, San Antonio, TX, 78217

Contact Now

Reviews of Starlight Homes Assisted Living at Briardale

Carlos774060 February 07, 2017

I was looking for a place for my mom and I found Starlight Homes online and two other facilities. I went to those places and I decided to take her to Starlight because it's more like a home environment and more personalized. So far, my mom has been there four months and I'm happy with them. They are very professional people. They have a few more residents and everybody is happy too. They monitor my mom's vitals and they're doing different activities. Even though she is bed bound, they still take her to the living room which is good. That's what I'm looking for: her to be rotated in different places at home. Mom is doing ok, I'm very satisfied with this place. I don't have any problems as well. Mom is always clean and fine but she is in hospice too. She has a nurse that comes in to visit her once a week. They keep mom pretty comfortable.

Karen152504 January 31, 2017

My mother needed care so we placed her at Starlight. It's on a very convenient location. They just do all around good care. Her accommodation is very nice. I think she's the only resident that has a private room. It's very nice, they keep it very clean. They have bingo, a spa during the day or night, paint their nails, make crafts and go out in a week. Mother had dementia, that's one of the reasons why we put her in an assisted living facility. She was forgetting and had not been eating so she had lost a significant amount of weight. I actually haven't eaten the food that they prepare there but I can tell they must be serving good food on a regular structured basis because having her there in their care, she gained twenty pounds. So she's doing really well. They've been really good, we haven't had any complaints. I'm actually very impressed with them.

D. Wescoat January 31, 2017

This is a very nice, happy and cleanest facility. Love all the workers here.

Gerene January 27, 2017

I'm very happy with Starlight. My mother is living there. My brother and I checked some other places out and we liked it because it's homier atmosphere and the most guest they have is twelve. We're very pleased with the care. They bring in someone who cut hair when people need that and have people come in and entertain them from time to time. They have a good dietary, cook everything right on the premises and everything freshly made. I've not eaten there the regular meal but the owner is very good about Thanksgiving, Christmas and Fourth of July occasions. She will invite the relatives and friends of the residents and has very nice meals. I just think it's a very well run facility. I think very highly of them.

Melinda S. January 18, 2017

Patients are always cared for and cleaned. Staff is attentive and patients have appeared content.

Richard227510 January 11, 2017

My last visit at Starlight Homes was for a Christmas party. We had a nice party, everything came out fine. My mother was off, she didn't want to sit up. But they had her up and sitting. She'd basically given up so they're trying to keep her active and healthy as they can right now. I've got no complaints about the people there or what's going on. If I didn't like what was there, she wouldn't be there. We put her in three or four different places and this one is the best from all of them. I am happy with them as they are.

Rita200055 January 05, 2017

I go to Starlight Homes Assisted Living because my husband is a resident. Last October, he's been there four years. He tells me he wants to stay there. He likes it there. He enjoys the staff; everybody takes good care of him. I think the staff takes good care of the people that are there. I haven't seen anyone being mistreated or anything. The staff are all very attentive. My husband's accommodation is good. He likes watching the television, just stay in his room or go out in the patio. If they do a little function, he sits in the dining area. They all sit down and do things together. The last time I was there, they had a family gathering for the families. All of the people were invited to participate in the little party.

Judy731342 January 05, 2017

Ken is my former husband and a resident of Starlight Homes. I can give Starlight several gold stars. We've been there over three years coming four on April. The facility is immaculate, well kept, pleasant and homey. The staff is outstanding. I really appreciate their help to stay in touch with me. I'm out there probably two or three times a week, go in at different times and everything is fine. They take good care of him. I can't say enough good things for them. I see them exercise in the living room and play games at the table. I have been present for both of those things and had taken part in them. They also have good entertainment. They bring in a singer and a keyboardist. They have special occasions too. They just had a wonderful Christmas party complete with Christmas carols, wonderful food and gifts for everybody. They're always full. I mean if someone passed on, they fill the spot. They really take good care of their patients much better than any nursing home. I have been to many nursing homes, I would definitely choose this over any of them.

Phoenix345037 September 30, 2016

Everything is wonderful at Starlight Homes, as far as the ownership, the staff, the care, and the food. My dad is happy and satisfied with the food. Everything about it is nice. I have no complaints.

mrsroyalhuslin February 05, 2015

I recently visited as I'm in search of a home for my aunt and I must say that I was very impressed by the environment and the staff as it was very clean and the staff was very friendly and professional. I would without any hesitation recommend this home to anyone who is in need of assisted living for their loved ones.

Caring82975450 April 23, 2014

I had a visit at Starlight, and it was like a home setting, which might be something for some people, but I thought my dad needed more of a sense that he could interact with others. I think they only had 10 or 11 people there, and most of them at that time seemed to be functioning lower than my dad. They seem to do a pretty good job with regards to their food, and because they are smaller, the residents are getting a lot of individualized attention. They told me that they charge $200 a month to take my dad to his doctor's appointments, and at most of the other places that was included already in the price. With regards to activities like outings, they don’t do too much of that because they are a small community.

From Starlight Homes Assisted Living at Briardale

At Starlight Homes your loved one can be at home while being attended by our qualified staff. Due to being small in size our caregivers are able to devote quality time and attention to the individual needs of each resident. We provide signature services to those who value their freedom and independence but also desire high quality care and value for their money. Starlight Homes employs competent, caring and well trained individuals who are responsive to the needs of each patient, their families and the communities that we serve. Each of our staff members must meet the State of Texas educational and training requirements for the services we provide. We also encourage and strongly support continued education for each employee.

Starlight Homes at Briardale is our very first home for seniors. We are a small private pay 12 bed Type B Assisted Living located in the Northern Hills subdivision. We specialize in providing care for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia like illnesses. Our smaller, homelike design and appearance provides a very intimate and personal environment for both residents and their families. We differ from other homes because of our “Individual Approach Model”. Each and every resident is special and unique. We try to find out all the likes and dislikes of all residents along with their hobbies, we then tailor to meet their needs. We charge a one-time non-refundable move in fee of $1000; this will hold your room for 14 days while you finalize all transition details.

Services offered include:

• Three home-cooked meals with choice of entrée, served in our elegantly decorated dining room
  • Simple reminder service for scheduled meals, activities and appointments
  • 24 hour staff supervision
  • Daily housekeeping services (vacuuming, changing bed liners, dusting, cleaning bathroom)
  • Light daily suite cleaning
  • Laundry done weekly, all utilities (including basic cable TV)
  • Regular monitoring of residents health and well-being
  • Monthly physician visits
  • Medication administration (cost of medications NOT included)
  • Social, educational and recreational programs
  • Licensed and certified staff 7 days a week
  • Personalized assistance with dressing, hygiene and grooming
  • Assistance with scheduled baths

We offer excellent & affordable personal care.

Features of Starlight Homes Assisted Living at Briardale

• Housing Extra: We Offer Private And Semi Private Rooms.

• Diabetic