Golden Moments Care Home

2651 Armstrong Drive, Sacramento, CA, 95825

Reviews of Golden Moments Care Home

October 30, 2012

By Paul's family

Our father lived at Golden Moments Care Home until his passing in April 2011. I can't say enough positives about Denise and all the staff there. They are angels! Our dad was not the easiest person in the world for us to manage, but they had him figured out right away and he thrived there, even leading arm exercises in the day room! We would recommend Golden Moments Care Home to anyone! My family wishes we had found Golden Moments earlier than we did, having a negative experience at a large assisted living facility prior to coming to Golden Moments. We echo all the other writers about the homey atmosphere, fun crafts and activities, expert personal care and attention, great food, pretty back yard area, and amazing family support. We'd give them 10 stars!

October 28, 2012

By Dell's Daughter

My father has resided at Golden Moments Care Home since March 1st, 2009. He is now 93 years old and feels very much at home. Whenever we visit, he is well-rested, well-fed and ready to play Cribbage and Uno with his family. My father has prostate cancer (since he was 76) and Alzheimer's (since he was 83). He is doing remarkably well considering. He tells us he feels "fine!" each time we visit. More than that, he is loved and pampered by the most caring staff I have ever experienced. I have visited many homes and none even begin to compare with the quality of care given by the staff. The residents are treated as if they are family. I am kept apprised of my Father's condition regularly. He is taken to and from all Doctor and Dentist appointments and kept in a good humor throughout. I am so grateful to have found Golden Moments for my Dad. My Mother and Brother are equally grateful. I would recommend this HOME, not facility, to anyone who would ask me.

October 17, 2012

By portpaint

My mohter in law has lived with Golden Moments for the past two years. We feel very lucky to have such a resource in town. The staff is professional, as well as caring and helpful both to the residents and the extended family. Extra touches include holiday meals on site-where all the families participate, detailed emails on any changes of care from the director. Residents are encouraged to use both mind and bodies to the extend possible. It is not a facility, it is a home- a very clean home at that! There is a relaxed atmosphere but a constant sense of awareness of residents needs. Our family member has done extremely well with Golden Moments. I wish more facilities had their common sense and compassion coupled with the professionalism that exists there.

September 26, 2012

By Brent Vockrodt

I managed large Assisted Living facilities for 13 years and had low respect for the small 6 bed care homes. I left the AL field and started selling real estate with my wife 2 years ago. We met Denise W. around this time and spoke in length about her care home "Golden Moments Care Home". As we wanted a care home to recommend to our clients we asked to see the home and talk with the care staff. Was I ever surprised. The care givers had all been their many years and loved their jobs. They were singing and dancing with the residents when we arrived and by the time we left they were playing a game with them. The manager who was excellent showed us around and explained why she loved working here, and why she came back on days off and evenings just because she wanted to. I was so impressed with her and with her staff that we recommend this care home anytime we hear of a need. I was particularly impressed with some of their procedures such as helping everyone to the restroom and offering this help on a regular basis to all of the residents. There is also mats at each bed which are activated each evening which lets the care giver on duty know if someone gets up in the night, so they may be assisted to the bathroom or whereever they decide to go.

September 26, 2012

By carney

Golden Moments is one of the the few facilities that actually makes your loved one feel as though they are HOME. The staff is outstanding, the really do care for your loved one.Many of the care providers we visited felt like a hospital or Institution, Golden Moments is truly a HOME.

September 25, 2012

By The Daughter

There are few options out there...We desperately needed end-of-life care for my Mom and were not qualified to provide it ourselves. After considering plenty of unacceptable alternatives (live-in help, other residential arrangements) I ran across an ad in the Sacramento Bee for Golden Moments. We met with Solomae and were assured that Mom would be cared for properly. It was clear that Solomae and staff were highly trained; I was confident Mom's complicated medicinal regimen would be followed to a "T." We were welcome to visit any time. Meals were had at the kitchen table, family style. TV, a Wii. There was always a project going on. They went fishing!! Very much a home environment. The staff was observant of Mom's condition and didn't hesitate to call for an ambulance if there was any question about it. I would recommend Golden Moments to anyone.

August 17, 2011

By guardian angel

Other

My knowledge derives from providing volunteer services during the holiday season for the residents of this community. Golden Moments is a cozy, assisted living home in Northeast Sacramento. Located off I-80, 15 minutes from downtown, between Arden Way and Fulton Avenue, just one mile North of Arden Mall, Golden Moments is conveniently close to area shops, movies, and restaurants. Golden Moments provides 24 hour supervised care for memory impaired, and Alzheimer's Dementia clients. Male and female residents with docile personalities are welcome. Family ownership promotes a family atmosphere by having frequent events that include residents, families and staff. Their activity program is exemplary, tapping into the short attention span of the residents. I was especially impressed by the arts and crafts, the drawing, musical, exercise, and walking programs. Noted outings have included going to the fair, the train museum, and fishing. Caregivers are well-trained, assisting residents with various ADL's, anticipating their needs. Laundry and housekeeping is done daily. The staff is friendly, and down-to-earth. Team work is evident. Day and evening shift have two care givers on duty. The home employs an alarm bracelet system in case a resident eludes staff. Meals are home-made, and quite tasty; respectful of most dietary restrictions. Spices are used as a great substitute for salt. Most residents are ambulatory, utilize cans, or walkers. Golden Moments is charming and home-like. There is an ample, tree strewn backyard for special events, BBQ's, and Easter Egg hunts. Situated in a residential neighborhood where beautiful trees envelope the streets, it is a delightful place for the residents to stroll. In autumn when the leaves change colors, it is a spectacular sight. The home is spacious and cheerfully colored. Some rooms are large enough for double occupancy. Each room is decorated with matching ruffled bedspreads, ruffled curtains, and matching furnishings. Bathrooms and walkways are equipped with grab bars, and safety rails. The shower is walk-in, making it much safer. The residence is immaculately kept, odors rare, and quickly eradicated. Families are encouraged to bring furniture, mementos, and pictures from home. The only drawback; the rooms are less cozy when they are converted from private to semi-private rooms. The family like atmosphere and kind, caring staff is noteworthy. On a scale of 1 to 5, I"˜d rate Golden Moments a 4.75. Signed : cashew kid

Photos of Golden Moments Care Home

Features of Golden Moments Care Home

About Golden Moments Care Home

We pride ourselves in giving our special care Residents a quality, active and enriched lifestyle, by loving and nourishing the social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs of each of our Residents and their families.Assisted living is a new way of life that should be fun, exciting and adventuresome. It simply means your loved one is in need of extra care and help with his/her daily routine. This new beginning takes place with a highly trained care giving team who understands the need for a smooth and comfortable transition.

Golden Moments has an amazing 10 caregivers for the best in individual attention. Exercise, music, singing, playing and just plain fun fill each day.

Map of Golden Moments Care Home