Desert Cottages I

83617 Himalaya Dr, Indio, CA, 92203

Reviews of Desert Cottages I

No Reviews Yet!

Questions About Desert Cottages I

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All care staff attend monthly and annual training requirements

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

you will find 2 care providers for 6 residents. We also staff awake staff when nedded.

What programs or activities does Desert Cottages I offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

With a Activity Director on staff, Desert Cottages customizes specific for each person. We identify their likes, abilities and desires...creating a simulating program just for them.

Assessments are performed by the Administrator. Reassessments are perform when a change has occurred that we feel should be addressed.

What techniques does Desert Cottages I use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Considering the difficulties associated with mealtime in memory care...a few things have been quite successful. A quite time for dining, easy handling for dexterity issues, color stimulation for increased desire and hands on help for all residents.

How does Desert Cottages I keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Desert Cottages informs the families with the communication the family desire. We have a monthly recap option sent via email or a weekly txt or monthly sit downs.

Describe the neighborhood around Desert Cottages I. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

All of our facilities are within walking distant to a shopping center.

Is Desert Cottages I affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

JFK is the hospital our residents would be transferred to in the event of an emergency.

About Desert Cottages I

Desert Cottages' caring approach starts from the heart, and our services focus on providing care for individuals suffering from dementia/Alzheimer's. In the service and care that we provide to our residents, we are dedicated to preserving the dignity and respect of each of our residents, which means kind, loving, and professional care in a warm and comfortable home. Every detail of our care - the staff, our homes, the food, medication supervision, activities and more - is based on this caring approach.

You’ll find that our Residential Care Homes are designed to ensure the safety and security of our residents, and that our homes also incorporate soft and soothing interior design features, which foster a feeling of calm. Our beautiful homes are spacious--housing a maximum of 6 residents--and maintain a high staff-to-resident ratio.

We incorporate three levels of Elder Care (mild, mid, late stages). We customize exercise programs and have an on-staff Activities Director. We also have an in-house physician, beautician, dentist and podiatrist.

Photos of Desert Cottages I