Brookdale Zanesville

1575 Bowers Lane, Zanesville, OH, 43701

Reviews of Brookdale Zanesville

Paul 60907861 June 19, 2013

Emeritus would have been my second choice. The facilities are excellent. The way that they handle the dementia patients during day time and the way they supervise them is just excellent. They're quite good at it. They have the facilities which were specifically planned for that. Personally, I did not think that the food was quite as strong as it was with other facility. And sometimes the food is important with people with dementia.

mtc July 21, 2012

The staff there is very nice and try very hard but they are very understaffed. I was very disappointed with this facility and would not recommend the Alzheimers unit for a late stage alzheimers patient.

Matt4 July 11, 2012

The atmosphere of the facility was wonderful. Everyone seemed very friendly and nice. Some day, I would want to live in a place like this. The nurses all had good attitudes toward their work and really cared about the folks in the home. I really have nothing negative to say about the home. It was also located in a convenient place, which allows for easy access from other areas. I have visited several homes in the area as part of the service organization and this one was by fay my favorite to visit. The people are great and I enjoyed the time I spent there. I cannot wait to return and spend some more time with the great folks of Emeritus. I will try to arrange the service organization in such a way that we spend more time at this facility since everyone enjoyed themselves so much.

Ted B. April 12, 2012

My mother has Alzheimer's and dementia and we found Emeritus as a good facility for Alzheimer's patients. It is a beautiful place at a good location, close enough to where my sister could visit often. My mom has been there for a few months and really likes it there.
There is an issue we are faced with where my mother is frequently visited by a friend who takes advantage of her financially. We spoke with Emeritus about this, but they said they couldn't do much about it.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are glad to hear that your mother is happy at our community "“ she is a beloved friend to so many in the community. We are very sorry to hear that the issue you mentioned still seems unresolved.

I have spoken with the community and so far, to address this situation, they have contacted the ombudsman, Adult Protective Services, the resident's physician, and the authorities. We can understand your frustration; however, they have truly followed every protocol in their power to protect your mother.

They have recommended you take some legal action on your part to protect your mother since they have no authority to remove a visitor who is following visiting policies and not being disruptive to operations or upsetting to the residents.

That said, your feedback is always welcome. You are always welcome to contact leadership at the community or if you are more comfortable, please call our Ethics First Department and we will do everything we can to help you (800) 429-4828.

From Brookdale Zanesville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Zanesville