Emerald Springs

1475 S. 46th Ave., Yuma, AZ, 85364

Reviews of Emerald Springs

kennn July 13, 2015

Emerald Springs is a really big facility here in Yuma. It was not good for my dad. They said that they will be able to take care of Alzheimer’s patients, but they were not even interested in taking care of him.

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We strive to provide quality service to our residents and their families and I’m sorry to learn that you didn’t have a better experience with our community. If you would, please contact me personally to share more information on how we could improve the quality of services or care going forward. My contact information is Deb Ludington, Executive Director 928-329-7707 or dludington@seniorlifestyle.com. Thank you.

Linda107235350 March 07, 2015

The rooms at Emerald Springs were very nice and very clean. They had several activities that my mother-in-law would have been interested in. I believe they have arts and crafts where she would learn painting. One of the big things we liked about them was that they provide transportation when she has appointments. The dining room was really nice, and the food that was on the table looked very good and appetizing. It was put together very well, and they have well-rounded meals.

Judy Maddocks May 09, 2014

My mother moved into Emerald Springs, March 27, 2014. I live out of State and the decision to move Mom was a tough one for both of us. I have been overwhelmingly impressed by the facility, management and staff. Mom is settled and happy in her new home with her two cats. I can return home next week feeling very comfortable about her well being! I have spent an enormous amount of time with Mom as she has been settling in so I have observed the environment in all settings. I can speak confidently about the authenticity of the staff and their commitment to working with residents to ensure a high quality lifestyle. This is a great establishment.

Julie Davis February 28, 2014

I visited Emerald Spring and I liked it. They looked excellent. The staff that I met was very nice. However, they couldn't take my dad because he had restrictions on his diet as he was a choking hazard and they wouldn't take anyone who was not on a regular diet. For anybody who was a little independent, it was nice because they had individual little studios with rooms that glide on spacious patios.

I thought if my dad was a little more functional and he doesn't have a swallowing issue, he would have liked it there. They said they were assisted living but I would say they need to be an independent because you were in your own studio by yourself and they only come by a couple of hours to check on you. I don't think my dad would have done well there.

Frances Raebel February 11, 2014

I have been living in an Emerald Springs apartment and have been extremely well treated by our staff, especially by our Executive Director, our Resident Aides, Housekeepers, Maintenance, Activities, and by our Kitchen staff. I moved here with my husband in 2005. He needed help and was given it by happy, serving Resident Aides. He passed away in 2008. I was in good hands here at Emerald Springs. I was so glad I was here. I was nourished by the love and comfort all gave me. It is great to be living where you are with other residents. We are provided good activities and entertainment. Come join us!

George Harris February 11, 2014

I've been a resident at Emerald Springs for the past four years and only have positive comments to make. the staff, from top management to the newest employee, always have a pleasant smile and attitude. If you have a problem staff will try to help you solve it. I'm also impressed with the daily activities available. if you're interested in independent and/or assisted living, Emerald Springs is for you.

Caring73940150 December 27, 2013

I already moved to Emerald Springs. This is close to my son and grandson who are here in Yuma, so this is where I chose to live. It's alright. It's like any other facility you go to. I have a nice two-bedroom apartment with an apartment-sized kitchen with a stove and a refrigerator. So if I want to cook, I can and if I don't want to, I don't have to. We do have a nice dining room here. We also have entertainment. I have everything I need here. It's not home but you have to make it a home.

With all the choices available, we at Emerald Springs appreciate you choosing our community. We invite you to join one of our many life enrichment programs to cultivate new friendships. Since your family is close by we encourage you to invite your son and grandson to join you in on the fun! In time, we believe you will feel that we are not only the place you call home, but also a part of your extended family. If there is anything that we can do to make this transition easier please reach out directly to Deb Ludington, Executive Director at Emerald Springs.

Evelyn5 November 28, 2013

My friend and I WERE INVITED FOR LUNCH AND A TOUR AND WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH everything was saw .The people were very helpful and the residents we spoke to seemed very happy. My friend has a few more places to tour in Escondito, Ca. before she decides but Emerald Springs is an option she is seriously considering. Evelyn

JT3 September 27, 2013

Emerald Spring was very nice. It was clean and well layout. The people were cooperative and helpful. They had a fine restaurant. They had all the requirements to be called a retired living facility.

Thank you for visiting Emerald Springs and sharing your positive feedback. We welcome you to join us for any upcoming events as you continue in your search for a retirement living community.

Knieson July 15, 2013

For the past four and one half years Emerald Springs has been a practical and learning experiance for us. We left our four bedroom and three bath home for our two bedroom apartment which is attrative and pleasant. The grounds are lovely which enhances the looks of our apartment as they are park like with lovely lawns, bushes, trees annd flowers. This is a good fellowship of residents where one canbe busy if they wish to be . I do the Resident Councils' Monthly Minutes, do the shorthand, typing on the computer and have them read for Managment Staff and all the residents the next morning. I collect the money from all residents who wish to contribute, keep all the records, including all the banking and writing the Christmas checks for the 60 plus employees by early December. Those of us who contribute is for all of our hard working employees. Many times i get the correct telephone numbers for new residents for Emerald Springs telepone book or changes in numbers if nessary. Our Activities Director provides us with a great amount of enterprising projects. I enjoy the exercise each morning, keeps an 88 year old woman's exertion rate high. We have excellent programs, several each month, singing groups in the Jade room and our very popular Wine and Cheese social in the Queens Court withich includes fun singing groups. Have birthday and icecream socials for the birthdays each month,have popcorn ond day a month and have Current Events Each Friday that includes gourmet coffee and donuts. We have a bus that takes us to and from church of our choice on Sunday mornings. Iy takes us Shopping and to the Bank on Tuesdays and Saturdays and to doctors, dentists and other requirements on the other week days. The dining is a perfect area. After all of my time here, it still reminds me of a lavish hotel's fabulous restaurant. Our food is excellent. We have a good selection of foods to choose from. Ther are seven othert selections a person can choose from if the menu for that day doesen't suit him/her. The Dining room has pretty vases of flowers on each individual table and each holiday the entire dining room is decorated for that special occasion. I am pleased to be here as my husband passed away after we were here for four years. I can't explain how good the Managment Staff were to me. Each one of them came individually and expressed their concern for my loss and I recieved a lovely bouquet of flowers from them. We have great residents amd they surely showed their concern too. With all these wonderful things done for me, I have nothing but love for my Emerald Springs Home.

Sondra Shaw July 15, 2013

I have found living at Emerald Springs the most enjoyable experience.l find all the staff to be friendly, loving and caring. I can't imagine what more a person could desire in a Retirement and Assisted living

Beverly Bliss June 08, 2009

My loved one stayed here

This facility is filthy. The carpets from 1997 are still there and are in desperate need of replacement. The outside pool is dirty with scum on the bottom and sides. It appears there is no cleaning done. The facility had a water leak which damaged one of their main rooms and the hallway over 2 months ago. To date the repair work is not completed. I have seen dead cockroaches on the hallway floor. The outside landscaping is poorly maintained. There are door mats in the landscaping which have been thrown out there and left for over 3 months. The outside patio areas are filthy. The ceilings and fans outside are full of dirt and spiderwebs. Emerald Springs has new ownership effective May 1, 2009 (in fact they have been there for 4 months). Little has been done to improve the cleanliness of this facility.

We are sorry to learn that you had a bad experience. Effective, January 1, 2012 Senior Lifestyle was hired to assume the management of Emerald Springs. We are very proud of the changes to the community since we have been involved in the operations. We recognize that due to the age of the community that some additional improvements are needed to the physical plant. We have plans to replace the carpet. We would welcome any additional feedback and would like to invite you to a community event following the carpet replacement project. Please contact Deb Ludington, Executive Director at (928) 329-7707.

From Emerald Springs

Senior assisted living at Emerald Springs offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Emerald Springs, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Yuma has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Emerald Springs, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Outdoor Pool - Offer exercise programs in the pool during the summer months___ Resort like, worry free living--everything is included in base rent, but phone and care charges___ Beautiful Court yards, walking paths___ Transportation 7 days a week___ Staff longevity (average tenure is 3 years)

Features of Emerald Springs

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,200/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: AZ Department of Health
  • State License(s): AL7476C

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Emerald Springs