The Country House in Westchester Assisted Living

2000 Baldwin Road, Yorktown Heights, NY, 10598

Reviews of The Country House in Westchester | Assisted Living

December 31, 2015

By Mary118342550

The service at Country House In Westchester was very good. The food was excellent. The people were wonderful. It gave me a very good impression. The staff were very good with all the residents.

July 14, 2015

By Kathy110860850

Everything was great at The Country House in Westchester. It was not a very up-to-date modern facility, but the people certainly made up for that. The staff was great. They were very outgoing. They really cared about the residents.

March 26, 2015

By Richard103525950

My mother lived in a room in The Country House in Westchester. It was fine for a single person, but kind of rundown. The building was very old. The staff were caring. They had bingo and religious meetings. They would take them out to a restaurant every once in a while.

December 30, 2014

By happy DIL

There are not enough good things to say about The Country House. It is warm, friendly, efficient, immaculate, and a truly caring facility. If you have to make a decision to place a loved one in assisted care, look no further, this IS the place. Couldnt be happier.

September 18, 2014

Country House in Westchester wasn't too big, which is good, and it seemed like the people really cared. I was only there for about an hour, but what I saw was nice. Everything looked good, and I didn't see any problems. If I had to put my father someplace, this is where I would put him.

December 29, 2012

By caring12121

The Country House is a wonderful place. The food was really delicious. It is a very expensive place. They won't take my father because he has cognitive impairment and it's not appropriate for him.

April 14, 2012

By Lee.V419

The staff of the Country House in Westchestervis warm, kind, and makes sure to greet each family member by name and with a smile. They are incredibly accommodating, allowing us to have birthday parties for my Great Aunt, as well as share lunch or dinner in their dining room with her as often as we like. The staff is more than just a group of people who are there for work, you can easily tell they genuinely care for each of their residents. Another reason I have had a good experience with this facility is because it is clean and well maintained by any standards. Often times you hear of the horrible conditions some of the elderly are left to live in and that is not the case at all with the Country House. I couldn't have asked for my Great Aunt to be in a place, with better care.

September 30, 2011

By fawnfisher

I went to this assisted living home to visit my great aunt for her 93rd birthday. When I arrived the tenants were sitting in the main hall enjoying a live performance. The staff allowed us to bring our pomeranian to brighten the moods of the elderly. Once my aunt was done enjoying the performance, they allowed us to set up in a separate room and order pizza. I thought that was very nice because we had the room to ourselves; just my aunt and my family together for her birthday. They brought in pitchers of water and soda for us to have and wished my aunt a happy birthday. My aunt was showing me her new hair style she just got from the beauty parlor in the home. She was very excited about it. I'm happy that they supply extra things like live performances and beauty parlors to keep morals high. After we finished, another live performer was asked to sing happy birthday to my aunt. We went back into the main hall and sat together with the rest of the elderly to hear her birthday song. Overall, I had a great experience and I'm glad they take such good care our loved ones.

June 22, 2011

By WsMark

great buiding great location. lacks style and basic things an assisted living facility would have. the staff was friendly very helpful and knowlegable. also there was alot of parking and the main part of down is right by the center which makes it a plus.

Photos of The Country House in Westchester

Features of The Country House in Westchester

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra: Everything On One Level No Stairs To Climb; Emergency Response Call Buttons In Each Room; Grab Bars In All Bathrooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 800-f-006

About The Country House in Westchester

We are a distinctive independent and assisted living residence -- located in The Historical Hudson Valley. Conveniently located in Yorktown Heights, 1 mile from The Taconic Parkway, near the communities of Briarcliff, Mt. Kisco, Mahopac, Carmel, and Ossining. We offer affordable senior assisted living at one monthly fee. Whether you need long-term assisted living or short-term stay options, The Country House is here for you.

Enjoy a vibrant lifestyle with our active social programs, a wide range of coordinated daily activities, and convenient on-site amenities such as a beauty salon, barber shop and library, as well as outings to various events and cultural sites -- with the added peace of mind of licensed assisted living services available at all times.

What We Offer:

• Full-sized apartments
  • Complete concierge services: personal shopping, postal services, banking assistance, and notary public.
  • Home-cooked meals
  • Coordinated daily activities: exercise, music, dance, hobbies, crafts, cards, informative classes, discussion groups, lectures, special events, outings to cultural sites and events
  • Assistance with personal activities
  • Convenient parking
  • 24-Hour Emergency Response
  • Medication assistance
  • Landscaped grounds
  • Inviting dining rooms that welcome family and guests
  • On-site library
  • On-site religious services
  • And much more!

We offer each member of our Community the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired.

Map of The Country House in Westchester