Broadmore Senior Living at York

2405 Knobhill Road, York, PA, 17403

Reviews of Broadmore Senior Living at York

April 28, 2015

By Carol105648550

Broadmore Senior Living is a really great place. It is very close to a hospital, and it is really nice. I went in there actually before my meeting time with the lady I was supposed to meet with, and I talked with the some of the ladies and gentlemen that live there; they really like it. It is a beautiful place, and I like the fact that it is all on one floor. It is just very nice. The staff was very nice. I only met with the one lady, and she showed us around. She showed me the calendar, and it is quite a lot. They have a completely full monthly schedule of different things to do every day. They have trips to Wal-Mart and even rides in the country on the bus. I kind of like that the residents are able to sign up so they could do that. I also asked about us coming and taking my mom out for the weekend, and there was no problem it. It is very comfortable and homey, and it did not seem like an institution. It is lovely, and I think if my mom is going someplace, I would like to take her to see it. I was viewing it to make sure it is a nice place, and I thought it is really nice. I would definitely take her back to see this one.

August 17, 2014

By Kathy51273150

Broadmore Senior Living has excellent programming and caring staff. They seem well staffed during the day. My mother reported though that they are not as well staffed at night. The Activity Director, Director of Wellness, and Program Director are superior.

Thank you for the Review on Caring.com. We appreciate feedback and always strive to do our best. There may be times when our Team Members are in a Resident’s apartment providing care, and not visible as many of our Resident care needs are requested and provided during waking hours. We are very proud of our programs and team members, and thank you for their recognition on this review.

May 30, 2014

I visited Broadmore. It was a very nice and elegant place. They had trails and cottages. You could have your room or a unit. It had nice activities; however, I could not afford it.

June 26, 2013

By Angel8

I visited Broadmore Senior Living. The rooms were nice. They people were also nice and helpful. They were excellent, but if you run out of money, they don't have provisions to keep the residence and you would have to move out.

April 07, 2013

By Juanita1

As an only daughter living in another country, I didn't know where to turn when I knew that my mother could no longer manage on her own. I visited several assisted living facilities in my mother's home town and was immediately attracted to Broadmore. My mother was there for nearly three years. The caring and dedicated staff made her feel a part of their family and provided me with updates that gave me the peace of mind I needed. They were never too busy to talk with me and answer my questions even though I was a long distance call to Canada. I think my mother's constant comment "They take such good care of me" says it all. After my mother moved into a nursing home, the staff from Broadmore would visit her. Having to admit that my mother needed more care than I could provide to her was the most difficult decision I've have made to date. Thank you to the staff at Broadmore in York for understanding my angst and caring so beautifully for my mother.

March 01, 2013

My mom feels very comfortable at Broadmore Senior Living. At the beginning, she was resistant about going, but now she's very happy there. They have a very, very caring staff and she is being well taken care of. The place is all very clean, the food was very good, and they have activities where they also include the families. They have 64 residents in the facility.

January 25, 2013

By carolhorton

My friends, who are my "brother and sister in the Lord" are residents at Broadmore Senior Living. They are treated with the utmost respect, as if they were the family of the Staff. Everyone is so caring and ready to assist in any need that my friends may have. I am very happy with this facility and if my husband and/or I ever need Assisted Living, I would choose Broadmore. Thank all of you at Broadmore for taking such good care of my friends. God Bless All. Carol

December 26, 2012

By Connie15

Other

If You are looking for a place for a loved one this is the place. I work for a Hospice agency and provide care there. The Staff care for Their Residents like They were Family. If My loved one needed an Assisted Living this would be the one. Very caring Staff.

October 22, 2012

By Steve9

I'm satisfied with the facility, the care, and everything else at this point.

May 16, 2012

By Krista T.

I am an Extraordinary Minister of Communion for the Catholic Church. I have been visiting the Broadmore Senior Living at York for several years on a weekly basis to distribute Communion to the Broadmore's Catholic residents. Although I have not had the personal experience of a family member residing at the Broadmore, I feel that I can give an honest review from what I have witnessed. I sincerely trust that the entire staff is excellent! The management staff that I have had direct contact with are : The Executive Director, Director of Wellness, Life Enrichment Director, Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor and Community Relations/Marketing Director. These staff members all deserve resounding applause of EXEMPLARY service. Their dedication, professionalism and compassion is inspiring. They are always ready and eager to assist in the needs of others with great enthusiasm and genuine heartfelt concern and consistent devotion. I haven often said they are my "morning glass of orange juice" with their joyful dispositions. I can safely say that they do jump-start my week off to a wonderful beginning!

April 14, 2012

By moonbeam324

My grandmother had a great experience at the assisted living. The facility was clean and decorated in a home like fashion. The staff was always friendly and assisted my grandmother as needed. They even would give the kids snacks when we came to visit. The rooms were spacious enough that my grandmother could take some of her own furniture and had a view of the outside sitting area where the flowers would bloom. The dining area was cozy and the food was great. There were so many different activities for my grandmother to do which helped keep her active. They had trips to local stores, wii bowling, bingo, sing alongs and movie time.

Photos of Broadmore Senior Living at York

Features of Broadmore Senior Living at York

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: licensed personal care

About Broadmore Senior Living at York

Comfortable, dignified personal care and respite care services for seniors in York, PA. At Broadmore Senior Living at York our professional staff and unparalleled community help our residents maintain a comfortable, dignified lifestyle-one where they'll find helpful, personal assistance with the activities of daily living. As we age our desire to maintain our independence, choice, and self-worth continues. Broadmore Senior Living is dedicated to providing customer-oriented living and supportive services to meet the needs and desires of the elderly as our society transitions from a country of youth to a nation of maturity.

Map of Broadmore Senior Living at York