Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers

537 Riverdale Avenue, Yonkers, NY, 10705

Reviews of Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers

Wendy20 March 27, 2014

Five Star Residences would have been very nice except the weather. I really trust the Five Star Corporation. When you're in the New York area, the rooms are smaller. There are less grounds, but it looked like they have people coming and going to a lot of activities. It looked bright and elegant. If I were to have my parents live closer to me, I would definitely consider that would be the place. That's my only experience, and it's all positive.

Caring74212050 November 27, 2013

We visited the Premier Residences in Yonkers and the facility is very nice. The staff are very good. The rooms were large and more comfortable. Overall they were fine, but they were just cost prohibitive.

severely concerned August 19, 2013

Everything was quite nice at this facility where my mother has been for two years. They switched ownership last october and the new owners gradually through out the old staff and instituted big sevice cuts. The quality of food didn't just decline - it really just got almost awful. The twice per month outings to New York City became once per month. The management has begun to treat the residents somewhat scornfully and dismissingly. They don't monitor the maids as they really don't get much done at all. This went from being a great place to a serious problem and now we are faced with having to move my aunt, as she has become unhappy, as have most of the other residents, who tell us the same in hushed conversations and in the elevators

Dedicated God-daughter August 13, 2013

This facility certainly lives up to its name. It is a secure community- security is at the front entrance. The tour included visits to several size apartments. There is the ability to participate in activities throughout the day, and participation is encouraged on the Assisted Living floors. The staff was cordial and acknowledge the residents during our tour. Staff members were also polite. The amenities that are provided compare to other residences I visited, however, this is in my opinion a residence for those that want to enjoy sophisticated living. Brochures and a thank you for touring gift concluded our visit.

doctorjax February 15, 2013

My aunt has been a resident here for several years. While the while the building and grounds are lovely, the new operators of the property, Five Star, seem to be singularly uninterested in anything but maximizing profits. Food quality has deteriorated, dining room hours shortened. Resident attention has diminished with corporate bean counters have replaced long-term staff who were friendly and helpful. Was a much better environment before the change in ownership. These new operators don't seem to care about the residents.

caringcounts January 25, 2013

I have visited several time. The facility is beautiful and impressive. Residents are friendly and seem generally pleased with 5 Star. Cocktail hours with live entertainment is a staple and a great time for all. Staff that attend to the residents directly were great: respectful and professional. Behind the scene staff a big let down. Having had to interact with recreation staff on events planning I found them to be exceptionally incompotent and unprofessional.

maestra96 July 23, 2012

The facility is really beautiful, with well-appointed areas for various activities throughout the day. I visit my good friend who has been a resident there for a number of years. The nursing care is minimal as this is not a nursing home however, some residents do get their medicines administered by the nurse on duty. Others, such as my friend, have their medication in their room and self-administer every day. The facility is composed of individual apartment units and my friend is able to carry out minimal housekeeping duties because of physical limitations. Her apartment is frequently not up to par because the facility does not provide housekeeping personnel to individual tenants therefore, the apartment doesn't always get cleaned. I help some when I visit however, I cannot do it all. This is one of the drawbacks. The dining facility is spacious and cheery with small tables with tablecloths and savory meals being prepared by the chef and served by waitresses. The dining room is also a good place for socializing. Another drawback is the not so varied assortment of field trips to museums, libraries, cinema and/or theater. Most of the activities that my friend tells me about and I witness when I visit, are indoor activities such as movies, cards, trivia games etc.. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a concierge at the entrance and they are also very helpful. The facility has parking which is certainly a plus. Family members and significant others are promptly notified when there is an emergency. I am mostly satisfied with the living environment and the assistance my friend is receiving at this assisted living.

stokfeg27 June 23, 2012

The appearance of the facility was beautiful and had so much detail though it was just the exterior of the facility. I was amazed when I entered and saw the interior of the facility. There was more detail in the inside of the facility and the colors of the interior looked great. It is not just the appearance that made me want to rate the facility 5 stars. The staffs were the other reason why I rated this facility 5 stars. The staff were well prepared for any question that someone could possibly ask. Because it was my first time visiting the facility I had tons of questions to ask. Personally, I don't like the type of staff that would look at a book for a minute or two, or would have to keep to you waiting while they asked the other staff the question you had asked them. I did not expect to ask such wonderful staff members questions. It only took a second or two to get a response from them. I would use the staff as an example of the type of staff people you would want at any place. Everything over at that facility was great. There was so much to do over there. They offered a lot of clubs and groups that you could join. The facility would give you all your needs.I feel like anyone that was a resident of the facility could not be an angry person. You would be satisfied with whatever they had to offer. The facility is worth having a second visit at any time. I wish I can go to the Classic Residence in Yonkers Facility soon. I hope whoever reads this is persuaded to visit the Classic Residence in Yonkers Facility because using all I have experienced in this facility I can assure you that you will not regret going to the Classic Residence in Yonkers Facility.

zeetaa January 28, 2012

The facility has been personally visited by me. I have found it a neat and clean setup, where life is at its best. Residents are living with utmost respect and honor. Quality of life provided by the organizers is really of a high standard. Activities have been planned in a manner that all residents are involved to generate a healthy spirit and an atmosphere of love and care. Staff employed on duty has always been forthcoming to look after the needs of residents and providing them every facility they desire. Persons are treated as family members and they really enjoy the relationship of trust. I have talked to the residents who all very extremely happy. They shared their thoughts and experience of living here and were satisfied. Diet schedule is very balanced and nutritious. Additionally, the patients have been extended an opportunity to follow the diet program as prescribed by the physician or nutritionist. Overall, I would rate this facility very high and recommend it.

From Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers

Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers offers compassionate senior care in Yonkers, NY. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Yonkers, NY.

Features of Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers