Peach Tree Retirement Center

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Peach Tree Retirement Center

February 24, 2012

By Mona Verona

My husband's maternal grandmother and grandfather, who are both in their 90s, have lived here for about two years. We visit them often. While a modest facility, the grounds are neat and tidy, and there is ample parking for both residents, employees, and guests. The lobby and hallways are always very clean and pleasantly decorated with flowers and pictures on the walls. The lobby also has a relaxation area where we often see residents chatting with one another or just sitting to get a change of view from their apartments. There is a very large cafeteria and kitchen area, which we have always noted is also very clean. There is a cute little shop where residents can sell and buy crafts made by the residents. There's also a small beauty parlor/barber shop on the premises. The craft/activity room is quite large with many different types of supplies to entertain the residents. This is also where there are regularly-scheduled bingo games and other group activities. The individual apartments are quite nice, with a separate bedroom and bathroom, as well as a mini-kitchen area consisting of a full-sized refrigerator, small sink, and microwave oven. Grandpa and Grandma furnished their own apartment but I'm given to understand that furniture may be available if the resident has none of their own. Both the living area and their bedroom have windows. The doors are wide enough to accomodate wheelchairs, as are the rooms themselves, including the bathroom. Peach Tree has cleaning staff for the residents' apartments. While I've never had a meal there, guests are welcome to eat with the residents. Grandma and Grandpa are rather picky eaters and don't always enjoy the meals they are served but I chalk that up to their temperaments rather than the probable quality of the food itself. The cooking staff make an effort to provide well-balanced, nutritional meals of variety. I've noted that many residents leave their doors open to the public hallway; Grandma and Grandpa seldom lock their door. A spirit of community is felt there and I'm told that residents often visit one another. Pets are also allowed here which I'm certain goes a long way in comforting those residents who have had to leave their homes behind; especially if they seldom have family visit them. My husband and I are grateful Grandma and Grandpa are in a place where they are safe and well-cared-for as well as entertained. I've not met the medical staff but I'm given to understand there is a nurse on duty at all times in case of need. There is no feeling of the residents being held in neglectful captivity here. I don't know what Grandma and Grandpa pay as rent; I do know they both receive Social Security and Grandpa has his pension. However, I've never gotten the impression from any of the family that the place is overly expensive or that they're hurting for money. I wouldn't mind living here myself.

About Peach Tree Retirement Center

Peach Tree Retirement Center is an assisted living facility in Yakima, WA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Peach Tree Retirement Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Peach Tree Retirement Center