The Oaks | Wyncote, PA

240 Barker Road, Wyncote, PA, 19095

Reviews of The Oaks | Wyncote, PA

Gale3 January 31, 2014

I did not get an opportunity to meet a staff except for the person who did the tour because I went on a weekend. I found The Oaks to be very intimate, very clean, and family-oriented type of setting. It's cut back off of main thoroughfare because it is in a residential area. I like that they have an all-inclusive price, so you don't have to worry about charges fluctuating from month-to-month depending upon your needs.

They had two dining rooms. One was relatively small that would seat more than 10 people and the other one was a little bit larger maybe 22 people capacity. The rooms are small but they're already furnished which was nice. I think I like the fact that it's a small, intimate setting, and that they don't have more than 42 residents and they specialize in dementia and Alzheimer's care. Overall, I had a very good feeling about it.

ehirsh July 08, 2010

www.starveyourmom.com

Moved my 88 yo mother there mid December 2009 and the Genesis employed Dr. put hder on a mechanically softened diet unknown to me for a week and without any medical necessity. Read the story on the website. The result was she refused to eat the dog food and by the time we had the problem corrected by dinming out the local staff to the corporation executives, my mother left in an ambulance to the hospital malnorished and dehydrated after being in the Oaks for 2 weeks.

From The Oaks

Active seniors can enjoy a fun, dynamic lifestyle in one of our Assisted Living facilities. These lively communities support each resident's independence, while also offering personalized health care services if they're ever needed.

Location of The Oaks