Oasis At Dodge Park Worcester MA

Reviews of Oasis At Dodge Park | Worcester MA

Overview of Ratings

May 27, 2017

By judith170501

The atmosphere is beautiful at Oasis. It's a gorgeous facility that's very light. You don't feel like you're in a skilled nursing home, rest home or assisted living at all. It's just a beautiful space, and I really think that that's the space that affects people and visitor's mood. The staff is very friendly, very caring and very responsive. The care so far for my mother has been excellent. They seem to know how to handle her, what her needs are and what to do with her. She does not participate much in the activities but they do have varied activities and activities going on all day. And you know staff are there looking out after the residents all day. The food seems to be good too. My mother's room is also very nice. It's a single room with her private bathroom. It's well furnished, very bright and cheery. She has a wonderful view of Worcester. She can see Indian Lake and that's very nice. Overall, I am very pleased with the care.
Thank you for such a nice review. It is our honor caring for mom. Thank you for trusting us with mom care and joining our extended family.

May 23, 2017

By janet772764

Everything gets a 10++ at Dodge Park. They're kind and welcoming. It's also clean. All the caregivers are not lazy. They're kind and always up doing something. Everything runs smoothly there. Each of them takes special care of my mother even the lady who does the laundry and the servers. Mom has a very nice room which looked out into the backyard and the pond. I've eaten there a couple of times and it's very good. I mean its good food but its institutional food. They're more than nice. They have dogs come in once a week, yoga and music and tai chi from the outside. There's always something going on.
Thank you very much for a kind review. We all working very hard to achieve 100% satisfaction at all department. It is our honor and responsibility to care for the frails and the elderly in a unique model of care. Thank you for trusting us with mom care.

May 18, 2017

By thomas805211

My mother has dementia and it was just getting worse and worse that we couldn't care for her at home. I heard about Dodge Park advertised on the radio and I wanted to see what it was about. When we came and visit, that affected me and my sister because it looked like it's everything that we wanted for her. I think it's incredible there. I can't imagine that any facility similar to this is going to treat residents better than they do. If we had any concerns (which we haven't really) you speak with them and it's done right away. Honestly, I don't know what I could really say bad about them. I see the owners every time I go, which I go quite frequently as much as my sister but she's there a lot also. The owners are always checking on things and making sure things go right. The nursing are fantastic and friendly too. They're always trying to keep the residents busy and active as they can. They have all kinds of activities that they do with the residents. I never t thought I'd see my mother participating but they got her to participate. We heard a lot of nightmares about places and we were very hesitant to place mom anywhere. She's very independent; she's a nurse manager for 40y ears. She has dementia but she still has presence of mind at the time. I work at a hospital and I see a lot of care, the amount of time and patience that they give to the resident is awesome. In addition, the food is really good. We've done Christmas, Thanksgiving and we just did Easter. Even last minute I show up, say I want to have breakfast with mom or some days that I show up into the service and if I am hungry and wanted to eat anything, they're quick and they'd give me whatever I want from the service. They never don't ask from a full meal to a casual meal. They always ask or it's always offered. Her room is big and beautiful. Sometimes, I get there early in the morning and everything is neat. Shortly after she's out of bed, the bed is made, the trash is emptied and sinks from the counter is clean. There's also a big, shared bathroom. The sink there is always clean, it never smelled. That is the other thing I'm worrying about because I know a couple of people who has been in nursing homes. One thing that I've noticed in a lot of nursing homes is the strong urine smell. Here, never. It never ever smelled anything even when she started across the street in the older building with a lot more people in the smaller area or when we moved her over to the new building when they were taking new residents. Moreover, the other thing that me and my sister really like is the way they monitor with the chairs and the beds. She's very independent and she likes to do things on her own so if she tries to get up, it'll alert them right away so there are no worries. It's just fabulous.
Thank you for a great review. We are very thankful for customer like you and your family. It is our honor to care for your loved one. We are very blessed with amazing caring team members at all departments and can not thank them enough.

May 01, 2017

By Beverly218164

My mother, Roberta is the resident of Dodge Park. The atmosphere is fantastic. It's not even like a nursing home or anything like that. It feels like you're in a 5 star hotel and everything is state of the art. The caregivers are phenomenal. They're very attentive to all of my mom's needs and all the other residents' needs. There are quite a few residents there right now but it doesn't feel like that because it's just so spacious, bright and clean. The food is fantastic too. It's not a sad feeling when you go visit her or like leaving her there because you know she's safe and well taken care of. She sometimes participates in activities. Mom is not necessarily like the one who participates in bingo or things like that. She just sits in the sun, rests, does her cross word puzzles, reads magazines; those type of things. But there are plenty of things to do there if she wanted to partake in anything. We visit her almost daily so we see a lot of activities going on. They have crafts, games for the residents and exercise classes. There's always live entertainment like a guitar or piano player during the weekends or special holidays. Last week, we had a family Easter dinner. Family and friends join the residents last Wednesday. We were all served with food and desserts and there was a guitar player for a couple of hours. They always seem to cater to the residents and the family just to make us feel like one big family. She's happy there. It just makes it feel like she's at home. I really have nothing to say negative about it at all. I will give them 5 stars or definitely higher.
Thank you for a great review. It is our honor to care for your mom and deliver a sense of our N'fesh to N'Fesh Memory care program. It is a one of a kind in the area and myself, Ben and all the staff are fully committed to provide mom with a true home. Thank you for trusting us with the care of Roberta. We truly committed to provide the best in dementia care.

April 18, 2017

By Jean670148

Oasis at Dodge Park is a very caring community. They provide excellent nursing care for my mother, even from the non-nursing personnel as well. I think my mother is in a very safe place. She's in an environment that encourages people to thrive and her needs are very well met. I think that people there go the extra mile and not only provide excellent care but provide compassion and love to the people. I am a nurse case manager and my mother is a nurse. There's certain aspect to it that's very important to us when we're deciding for the best place for my mother. We had to make the decision that we as a family can no longer provide that level of care that she needed in our home. The dining staff is very attentive to my mother's needs too. She has a very specialized diet. They want to make sure that the food is appropriate for her. I don't eat the food very often there but she is doing very well with the food. I think the food is very healthy and nutritious. We're pleased because she's eating the amount that she needs to have so that's good. I will give them 5 stars and I have absolutely no problem doing that. I have seen other facilities as a nurse and as a care provider. I think that what the facility offers for people is something more than you're going find in other places. The fact that the owners have provided a place that's not only beautiful but a place where people with memory loss can feel open, alive and can thrive in the environment. It's not a place for people to sit there and wait to die. It's a place where people can continue to live with vitality. The other thing that I love about this place is that the owner has gone so far as to incorporate programs like music therapy and arts therapy. Some people might look at that and say "Why would you spend the money on that, these people aren't going to remember it, right?"" But they do it because they understand that the clients are living in a moment. They celebrate that and all of the client's needs are being met there, not just physically and cognitively but also emotionally and spiritually. I can walk into this facility and feel that I'm part of this whole experience too. I really try to let other people know about it because there are standards that I have as a nurse when I walk into a place. But I'm not just a nurse when I walk in there, I'm a daughter. I need to know that when I leave, my mother is well cared for because I can't provide that care for her anymore. That's why the decision was so difficult for any daughter to make, to allow somebody to have the privilege to care for their mother who's worth it. My mom is worth everything so it made our choice easier because we knew that she's being cared for with love there. There comes a time for children when they have to make a difficult situation as to the best environment for a parent to be placed so that the right level of care can be provided. My family and I really feel that my mother is getting that care and that it's a great source of comfort to us because we don't have to worry about the care that she's receiving. She's getting more than what she needs. It's a place where she can thrive and that's what we wanted for her. We feel fortunate and blessed that we found this place for her. I hope more people will find out about them and be able to bring their parents there. It's been a great comfort for us.

Photos of Oasis At Dodge Park

Features of Oasis At Dodge Park

• Minimum Memory Cost: $8835/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private Rooms/Semi Private Rooms

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Dementia Secure Garden

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Mary K Make Up

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: MA DPH Lic 1318
  • State Licenses: 1313, 1QIH

About Oasis At Dodge Park

The Oasis at Dodge Park will care for a total of 82 (after completion of phase II) residents with memory impairment (Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, in residential settings). First phase will accommodate a 50 residents. Phase II will accommodate 32 residents with the intention to increase capacity to 51.

The Oasis at Dodge Park provides a unique environment and Dementia and Alzheimer’s care in Worcester. The Alzheimer’s Program at the Oasis is designed to promote independence within a comfortable and safe environment. The goal of the program is to help individuals maintain the optimum level of functioning and to maintain the highest quality of life possible.

Services that comprise the Oasis Memory Care Lifestyle Option are:
  • A neighborhood that provides a safe, pleasant, comfortable setting
  • Enclosed indoor and outdoor courtyards
  • Specially designed memory programs
  • Activities that encourage activity and engagement
  • Specially trained 24-hour staffing
  • Best direct care ratio in the industry
  • Three meals per day
  • Full housekeeping services
  • Laundering of linens and personal laundry
  • Complete medication management
  • Regular safety checks
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Unlimited personal care
  • Mealtime monitoring and staffing, assist with feeding if needed
  • Escorts for meals and services
  • Designated program coordinators

The Oasis at Dodge Park provides a higher level of care than traditional Assisted Living care and it is the ideal solution for seniors who value their independence, yet need more assistance with daily activities, and not ready or want to move to a nursing home facility. We encourage continued independence through a tailored plan of individual wellness and personal care. Team members are available 24-hours a day for help with bathing, dressing, medication reminders or other activities at our well know all inclusive ONE-RATE program. No limit on level of care. The Oasis At Dodge Park is not only a homelike, resident-centered alternative to an assisted living facility — it is a completely different option for a senior who doesn’t require intensive, skilled nursing care making it better than assisted living for many seniors. The Oasis at Dodge Park is a one of kind, a brand new state of the art facility licensed by the MA Department of Public Health to care for those diagnosed with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease in residential setting.

Map of Oasis At Dodge Park