The Californian

1224 Cottonwood St., Woodland, CA, 95695

Reviews of The Californian

Caring73680750 November 22, 2013

I visited some friends at The Californian. They seemed happy there. It's also a good place to live and decent to look at. The place was nice and clean too.

atillman2 December 04, 2012

Provider was very impersonal in caring for my relative, and the food was horrible. My grandmother was forced to stay in a room with another occupant who suffered from extreme dementia who screamed and cried at all hours of the night although she asked to be moved to a different room

clmarken November 21, 2012

After another challenging and expensive year of in-home care it was time to increase the amount of direct supervision my mom needed. Approaching 92 years of age she still wasn't ready to give up her independence, but knew we were making decisions in her best interest. I needed round the clock supervision, but with flexibility for amount of care provided, and with a dementia diagnosis I also wanted options for total care down the road. My prayers were answered when I found The Californian, assisted living for seniors. My mom moved in almost two months ago and has been thriving ever since. I wish I had made this decision earlier, and given her this experience before her dementia had advanced this far.

Her caregivers are the most wonderful, caring and thoughtful people, and they are always so positive--especially on her more difficult days. The facility has a wide range of daily activities, regular outings, and weekly socials. Their menu is top-notch, and we all know how important appetizing meals are. I'm beyond happy with every aspect of our experiences thus far, and want to enthusiastically encourage anyone in the area who is looking for the best assisted living option to check out The Californian.

carebear881 August 21, 2012

This was a wonderful place for my grandma. The staff was exceptionally kind and caring and patient. It was always immaculately clean. They were just all around amazing people, just really on the ball. I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about them. If any of the workers that helped my grandma during this time ever see these...thank you. So very very much.

From The Californian

Retirement, Assisted Living, Memory Care

• Across street from hospital, next door to doctors clinics.
  • Beautiful rose gardens with walking paths and benches in the front, with patio and plenty of seating near from entrance.
  • Restaurant with open dining, no assigned seating, and waiters to take orders. Daily menu specials with menu changing daily for 5 weeks. Cafe menu that is available from 6:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
  • Activities all day long, excursions in the van weekly and monthly.
  • Full staff who are on duty, awake, 24/7.
  • Back gardens with patio and pavilion.
  • 2 floors with stairs and elevator. Each floor has two wings with community bathrooms for convenience.
  • semi privates, studios and one bedrooms. All have kitchenettes, and large bathrooms.
  • Privately owned for over 25 years.

Convenience of hospital and doctor's clinics next door. Energetic, caring staff. Privately owned for over 25 years. Voted best in Yolo County for 10 years.

Features of The Californian

• Housing extra: Shared living

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Coffee Buffett Bar, weekly trips to the stores, locked doors in the evenings

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 9:1
  • Minimum age: 62 is policy, but average minimum is around 75

• Fee structure extra: We give small amount of help, and understanding V.A., and direct them to those who can help, and direct them to realtors
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,800/month

• Financial guidance extra: card clubs, cooking demonstrations, happy hours, ice cream socials

• State License(s): 570316115