The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake

364 Chestnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, 07677

Reviews of The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake

Linda101439550 January 29, 2015

My visit to The Bristal was great. They were very helpful. If my aunt decides to go in when we have to bring her somewhere eventually this is where she will go. Their dining area was very nice -- very impressive.

Caring101101750 January 18, 2015

The Bristal was very nice. It was a beautiful place. They had full accommodation and three meals a day. They had all kinds of entertainments, exercise facility, and transportation to doctors and shopping. There was a bistro 24 hours, and you could help yourself without any charge to drinks and some small cookies or piece of fruit. It was beautifully decorated and was really top of the line. The food was magnificent. You would order from the menu, and if you had guests over, you could have your own private dining room. It was a minimal charge for the guests.

Sherry41 November 30, 2014

My mother is now living in The Bristal Assisted Living. It is new, clean, and appealing. I will rate it very good; I mean there's always room for improvement. My mother doesn't think the food is particularly good, but they seemed to be working on it. It is in a very nice neighborhood.

Diane96144050 October 28, 2014

I found The Bristal Assisted Living for my mother. In November, it will be 1 year old. From outside looking in, I thought we would be sending my mother to a hotel for the rest of her life. It is like a hotel. It has unbelievable decorations. That probably caught my mother's eyes -- how beautiful it was. The food is probably good because if she doesn't like something, she can send it back and get something else that she likes better. It is an assisted living place and a memory place. However, they need to improve on giving orientation. They could have been a "5" if they learn to orientate the people better when they move in. Nevertheless, they have tons of activities. They have a movie theater and a lot of people are walking. Also, they're younger. My mother likes to be around people who are younger. Even when they eat dinner, they don't ever have the wheelchairs or the walkers with them. Their aides take everything into the walker room and they bring them back to the table when they're finished. The residents looked like they're eating like normal people and they're having conversations. Also this place takes Medicaid, the other facility will not.

Caring95983950 October 17, 2014

My mother has only been at the Bristal for a week and a half, but so far, everybody has been very, very lovely, very helpful, and very nice. The whole facility is very nice, and it’s all new. It’s not even a year old. Her room seems to be big enough except for the fact that some of the things are too high for her to reach.

My mother thought the food was very good. I’ve seen the dining room. It really is just nice. It’s spread out. There are tables usually of only 4 at a time. They arrange for who’s sitting with whom. They probably have way more activities than my mother will ever take part in.

Caring85928050 August 17, 2014

The Bristal Assisted Living is a brand new facility. It is nice. However, they have a high employee turnover rate, which I found to be a little disheartening. Nevertheless, they try to do their best to take care of the residents there. When my mom wants some kind of coffee and toast and jam, that's what they get her. In that respect, it's pretty good. The nurse there is very attentive. She called me when my mom was having issues with something and she also recommended a new general care physician for her. My mom loves her and it is great. My mom has difficulty communicating with people, but this one works out well. The new nurse they have is a sweet lady. She is very attentive and intelligent. I hope she stays because there have been several who have come and gone. Overall, the staff is attentive. I did see what the residents are eating there and it is not junky fast food. The food is better than average. In terms of accommodation, my mom has a private room. It is like a one-bedroom hotel room. It has her bed, two armoires for clothes, and another drawer that she has other stuff in. They do have activities. They have movies several times a week in a separate room. They do coloring and reading. They have guests who come sometimes with animals and sometimes they play guitar and sing a little bit. They send out the monthly calendar and they have stuff for everybody everyday. However, my beef is that it is too expensive because it is really, really difficult to come up with $7,200 a month for one person. I would recommend this place.

caring8900 March 24, 2014

I put my mother-in-law at The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake. It is brand new and everything is just beautiful. It's very good because there are not that many people in there yet. When we enrolled her, there were sixteen people, so it's a not a wait-listed property at this time. She seems to like the food. She seems a little bored with the menu, but then she knows how to ask the chef to make her something different, if they have the ingredients. She is in a full apartment and it has a kitchenette without a working stove, which is fine. It has a very large bathroom, very large walk-in closet, and her bedroom and living room are very similar to the apartment that she left before she moved into assisted living. The dimensions were almost exact, and aside from the window and the height, it's almost like she is still in that other apartment.

Caring79072050 February 28, 2014

The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake is a lovely place and it is brand new. They told me that they require many years of private funding before they would put anyone on Medicaid and we were looking for a facility that accepts Medicaid. And because of that knowing it would not be an appropriate place for my parents, I cut the visit short as to not waste time.

From The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake

The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry and housekeeping services and scheduled transportation to shopping, community activities and group outings.

When you enter The Bristal at Woodcliff Lake, you’ll encounter a community of genuinely caring professionals who love what they do, excel in their skills and embrace your priorities as their own. What you feel is a sense of solid assurance, built upon the strength of years of success across many communities. Our staff keeps residents moving, laughing, sharing and enjoying with creative recreational programs — and the towns of Woodcliff Lake and cozy Ridgewood nearby are charming, inviting and agreeable.

There are ample shopping, entertainment, educational and worship conveniences close-at-hand as well as numerous healthcare providers. Aptly named, Woodcliff Lake offers many scenic ponds and lakes, quiet parks, and rolling wooded hills, and beautiful Saddle River is just a few miles away. Numerous transportation arteries make access fast and easy, like The Garden State Parkway, The Palisades Parkway, Route 17 and the Tappan Zee Bridge. The Bristal at Woodcliff Lake is only minutes from the Paramus Mall, and it’s just a short scenic drive from Manhattan. Stop by and see for yourself.

Apartment Features

Furnished, Kitchenette, Temperature Controls, Private Bathrooms

Community Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Parking, Private Laundry, 24 Hour Security at Entrance, Guest Meals, Pharmaceutical Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Features of The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake