Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

430 Chesnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, 07677

Reviews of Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

Caring99927850 February 17, 2015

Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake was pretty much the same with the other Sunrise that I visited. However, they did not have interview, so I didn't know if they could offer my wife the services she needed. The rooms were very nice. I only met a couple of people, and they seemed fine.

Anonymous92222050 February 16, 2015

My mother is in Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake. The rooms are lovely, the food is good, and the security is excellent. My only concern is that she is in the memory care unit, and I find her still staying in bed at 2 o’clock in the afternoon almost every day. I told the director that it is not appropriate, but it is still happening.

One of the things I am disappointed about is that my mother does not know how to play the games. I told the staff to teach her, and they said they will, but they did not. They also do not get her out of her room.

Jean94901450 October 16, 2014

I was very impressed with Sunrise. The woman at the desk was very professional and friendly. I was shown two or three rooms and some paperwork. The place was very clean, attractive, and bright -- not depressing. They have pretty courts at the front and it was very appealing. They showed me the dining room and the rooms they have activities in. The dining room looked very nice. She also gave me a copy of the menu which was nice. It was also close to other things like the highway, clothing stores, decorating stores, food shopping place, and restaurants.

Caring92357250 September 30, 2014

Mom is in Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake. The people are very nice, but they are understaffed. They can only do so much. They didn't get mom out of bed for three days and that is not okay with me. The doctor comes in, but they didn't call me and tell me what medications they changed. I understand that they can't force anybody to do anything, but nobody goes to get her up, and I see six trays of food sitting in her kitchenette. That is unacceptable to me.

I think there should be an in-between place between rehab and assisted living because she needs more help than what's she is having. I didn't yell at anybody because I know they are working hard there. On the other hand, it is called "assisted living," and they are supposed to assist them. I will suggest for them to have grief counseling for people whose spouse has just died, and for my mother who has just turned into a child. I want her to be happy for whatever time she has left. However, to me, it is more dangerous where she is at than she is at home. That's the way I feel and that is really true.

Thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise so we can address concerns further. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Donna75767050 January 28, 2014

Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake is a beautiful facility, but it was out of my price range. The rooms are beautiful and well kept. They have excellent staff. The coordinator was very accommodating. They will take you out to the doctor within 10 miles. They also take you out to excursions if you are able to. They have in-house activities. They provide laundry service. They have a good chef for the food.

Cathy11 November 17, 2012

I visited Sunrise Senior Living. Right now my mother is still with me, but when the time comes I think that's where she'll go because they have so many programs available to seniors, particularly the memory care program. The staff is absolutely wonderful. The rooms are large. They either provide furniture or you can bring your own. The food is restaurant-quality and there are amazing food choices available. Thirty years ago when our grandparents were in facilities, they were awful, but it's not that way anymore.

clearwaters22 March 28, 2012

My experience with Sunrise was both positive and negative. The facility was usually very tidy and the staff were very friendly. However, there was on occasion a foul smell. Also, on one occasion a resident had a digestive accident and it took longer than expected for the mess to be cleaned up. Other than that the place was friendly and welcoming.

crazygood February 29, 2012

My experience with this assisted living home was a wonderful one. The staff is excellent and, more importantly, really caring towards my grandfather. There is always staff on call 24 hours per day and are trained in emergency response techniques. This is able to give my family and I peace of mind while away from our grandfather. The area is amazing and easy to drive to. It is a beautiful facility that reminds me of the comforts of home. The price is decent for all the various perks this facility offers in comparison with other living homes. The food is amazing, at least the couple of times i have eaten there, and my grandfather has never had a complaint. Again I attribute this positive quality to the excellence and professionalism of the staff. There are tons of programs to keep residence happy, occupied and entertained. Really these events bring the community together and create a family bond within the facility. I am so glad we were able to find this facility for my grandfather, and i cannot explain the relief of stress that comes from knowing he is in good hands.

From Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

Just off the Garden State Parkway, across from Tice's Town Mall and within walking distance from the A&P Shopping Center, Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake is bordered by aging apple trees and adjacent to a day care center, where children play to the delight of our residents. We pride ourselves in our ability to offer unequaled, individualized services to our residents who range from completely independent to needing more comprehensive care. All of our residents can thrive in this nurturing community. To experience what sets us apart, please join us for a complimentary lunch and personalized tour of the community.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake