Brookdale Tuskawilla

1016 Willa Springs, Winter Springs, FL, 32708

Reviews of Brookdale Tuskawilla

Caring3085 September 08, 2014

The meals at Emeritus at Tuskawilla were not as good as the other facilities. They had pretty nice rooms there. They were decent sizes, not too small. In terms of security, I think it is very safe because they have lock-up hour at a certain time. I would say this community is pretty secure.

RCC August 14, 2014

Beware of placing anyone at this facility that requires attention and/or assistance. We had a family member whose room was never clean, bathroom was never clean, and our loved one was never clean and all they could say is that they "were having staff issues". They never provided the services we were paying for unless we complained. So unless your loved one is independent - stay away! The director is about as unprofessional as I have ever seen. Terrible, terrible, terrible place!

Bruce17 May 30, 2014

Emeritus was very nice. It was an excellent facility. The staff did a great job. She was informative, and I had no issues with her at all. The single rooms were kind of small. They didn't have a double room, which was much more to my parents liking. They didn't like the smallest of the single rooms. The dining room was very nice, well organized and detailed. It was a very good atmosphere.

Bill44 April 22, 2014

We visited Emeritus. I liked that it was close. However, it had a very strong citrusy odor that I was allergic to, so we didn't stay very long. They could work on getting rid of the citrusy odor.

caring66371 February 14, 2014

Emeritus was very good and I was happy with them. The staff was excellent. There were some activities going on with the residents. They brought me into the rooms and they were very nice. The dining room was very nice but I did not eat there.

W-Busey January 22, 2014

I would urge you to think twice about having your loved one stay here. They screwed up the dosages on my my loved ones required medication. As my loved one progressively got worse they did nothing to try and help her. I understand that the patient has to be willing but if we did not move her we feel she may not have made the improvement she made since. Also they can not seem to keep staff and directors for very long here. Very little if any staff still there that we know of from when we moved her there.

Karen72916950 December 30, 2013

I didn’t have much opportunity to look around at Emeritus at Tuskawilla, but the facility is beautiful. They have an activity's director and they listed the things to do in the hallway. They have bingo, church meetings, and it looked like they had a game room going on just about all the time. At that time, the place was full so I didn’t spend a lot of time researching.

Caring061303 June 23, 2013

I like Emeritus at Tuskawilla because it wasn't too large nor too small. They had an outdoor area with little garden pathway and a gazebo, but it was all enclosed within the facility so residents couldn't wander or get lost. The room that I got to see was not too big nor too small. It does allow for a sofa and a good-sized closet. It also has a little kitchenette but no stove, so accidents can be prevented. It has a nice big window where my mom could look at a view outside. Also they had a variety of activities and they had Sunday Services. Lastly, I found the admission personnel to be extremely helpful. They even called us to do follow up.

lovemygrandpa1 August 28, 2012

My 90 year old grandfather had resided in the Tuskawilla Emeritus since August 21, 2010 until he passed away, and I cannot say strong enough praise regarding the facility. My grandfather was treated with respect and patience. His residence is kept very clean and tidy, the trash can's seem to be always empty.His restroom was always well-kept and sanitary. Emeritus really felt like home for him and made his last days special. It receives constant professional attention from the maintenance manager. Also contributing to the feel at home feeling is Deborah, who is the "Cruise" Director. She always has many activities planned for each day .The kitchen staff provides great tasting and healthy meals.They would have family brunches about once a month.This is where the whole family could come for brunch.It was a great feature as it was a good setting to bring the younger members of the family to see grandpa.All in all Emeritus is a great facility and I would recommend to anyone who has an elderly relative who needs a new residence.

cdayton August 16, 2011

My Grandmother lived in this facility before she passed away. It is a very clean and comfortable facility, with friendly staff and a "home like", welcoming environment. There is ample indoor and outdoor space for the residents to enjoy. My Grandmother lived in an assisted living setting, with her own small apartment to enjoy. We always loved the fact that she had the care she needed, but also her own space to go to when she wanted (a private room with a small fridge, television, bed, and sitting area). Activities in the facility were plentiful and, though my Grandmother could (chose to) keep to herself at times, she was always personally invited to attend them by members of the nursing and activities staff. I loved the fact that they made her feel included, but still respected her privacy when she did decide to say no at times and just enjoy her own space / private time. Visitors in the facility were always welcomed by the reception staff and invited to attend meals, activities, and enjoy outdoor time with the residents if they so chose. When my Grandmother passed, the staff at the facility remained very compassionate with our family and respectful of the time it took to clear her personal belongings, say our goodbyes, etc. It was obvious that they respected and loved her as a member of their family and we really appreciated that during our time of need. I really cannot say enough positive about this facility. I would highly recommend it and would not hesitate to place another loved one there if the need arose.

From Brookdale Tuskawilla

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #8985

Features of Brookdale Tuskawilla

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: ALF Certification
  • State License(s): 8985

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Tuskawilla