Lake Howard Heights

650 N. Lake Howard Drive, Winter Haven, FL, 33881

Reviews of Lake Howard Heights

Jean S.1 November 30, 2015

I tried to get into Lake Howard Heights. I really loved it, and I wish I could have been there, but I can't. It just happens that we have VA, but I couldn't come up with the money I needed before the VA would kick in, so it's a big financial problem, and that was all. The apartment was really nice and clean. I even liked the studio. It was really nice but not quite big enough. Then after that, a lady showed me a one-bedroom, and I felt like there was more room in the studio than in the one-bedroom because in her one bedroom she would have her Atlantic furniture. But other than that, they're really nice, clean, and everything. I loved it. I had lunch there, and it was very good. They have about everything everybody else does, but on that particular day, all I noticed was the exercises, but they have everything I like. They have bingo and all kinds of stuff.

Katie15 November 30, 2015

We chose Lake Howard Heights for my loved one because it's about 10 streets down the road from me and it was really clean. They were friendly, and so far everybody has been great there. They know everybody. It's a small community, and the rooms are good sized.

Connie113754950 September 30, 2015

We place my father-in-law and his wife at Lake Howard Heights. It is an age-in-place community. That is important to us. It has a restaurant style dining facility where the food is off a menu daily so they can choose. My father-in-law does not have teeth and has awkward dentures so his food is pureed. They know that, and they take care of that for him. They can have a healthcare aide to help them with the laundry, they can have a laundry service or they can do the laundry on their own.

caroldarol August 20, 2015

My 95 yr old mother has been bedbound for two years with Hospice after a broken hip and 2 heart attacks. She prayed daily to die. It was financially breaking our family to keep round the clock nursing for her and breaking our hearts to see the quality of life she was living. After many prayers, we found out that mother could live at LHH and for extra money, could receive the same level of care she was getting, but unlike Hospice.....they could help her take her independence back!! One room was available and through the incredible help of staff and especially Brian and Dena who went extremely out of their way and way beyond working hours to help us.... Mom now resides there. Her apt. is lovely...the staff are superb, the amount of activities and resources are incredible - I want to live there one day...., the food is good (I've eaten there myself) and I have not met the first person, resident or staff that was sad, unfriendly, or rude. Quite the opposite!!!! It's like Heaven for my Mom and in a very short time she has gained so much independence she never thought at 95 she could restore. She wasn't supposed to die, God had other plans for her! Thank you from the bottom of my heart LHH for ALL you have and are doing for my mom.

Dutch retiree June 21, 2015

I have been a resident of Lake Howard Heights since February, 2015. Brian does a caring job of managing the senior living facility. All staff and residents are very friendly and thoughtful. The food is good, there are many activities, and van service is available for the Winter Haven area. I encourage you to come and look at this facility if you are considering independent or assisted living.

Sherron1 June 18, 2015

I like the way the people at Lake Howard Heights watch out for people. They are very friendly, call my father by name, and make him feel comfortable. The apartments are very clean and very nice. The food is very good. He eats three meals a day there. They play bingo and Pokeno, and they're having a prom on June 18th. He has been there since mid-April, and everything is going good so far.

anonymous105870350 February 10, 2015

I would never recommend Lake Howard Heights. It was in terrible shape. They were in the process of remodeling. It was bad. The paint was peeling, and the carpets were worn.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and review our community. However, I apologize that we were in the process of remodeling during your visit. That project has indeed been completed and new carpeting will be underway during the first quarter of this year. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you personally and provide you with a complimentary lunch and a new tour to show you the completed project. Again, I apologize that your experience was not what we would want it to be for you, and should you like to schedule an additional tour, please contact me directly at 863-293-3171. Thanks! Glenda Hanley, Executive Director. ghanley@seniorlifestyle.com

Caring96069550 December 03, 2014

I did not like Howard Heights; my friend was in there at first. He didn’t stay until three weeks. It seems like there is an uproar over there all the time, and I think it’s a family run place where the janitors and everybody belong to this family. They accused someone who had lived there for a long time of stealing. I don’t know if I have anything good to say about the facility.

We paid $1600 the first two months, now that’s $3200, and he's lived there three weeks. They have turned it over to a collection agency. The rooms were fine, but they had a teeny-weeny little refrigerator that you would see in a motel that would constantly be frozen up. We could not even get the ice trays out. They only give you two meals; the other facility gives you three.

Dick11 November 28, 2014

We had my father-in-law at Lake Howard Heights. We chose this because it was convenient and very close to the church that he participates in. The staff are superb.

Gunz August 20, 2014

We were successful in placing my 80 year old brother into a very nice 1 bedroom apartment at Lake Howard Heights. He was an independent living resident at LHH, but was able to have maid service, laundry service, transportation to his doctors' appointments and regularly scheduled shopping trips to local stores and grocers. The LHH staff is most professional staff and employees were most attentive and saw to my brother's every need. I highly recommend Lake Howard.

alioop75 January 31, 2014

Lake Howard Heights was nice. There were a lot of grounds around it. It was just kind of high-rise with a parking lot. People were very nice, very helpful, and trying to help out.

Thank you for your kind words you shared about Lake Howard Heights. Specifically we are very proud of our dedicated staff. We appreciate you visiting the community and are happy to be of any assistance. If you have any concerns I welcome you to reach out to me directly. - Respectfully… Glenda Hanley, Executive Director

ABM December 21, 2013

It is a shame that they cannot be honest with the residents. There is only one person that works there who cares, that is the activity director. The food is terrible, unless they are putting on a function to attract new residents. There is really no security for the independent people. Overall, IT IS NOT A PLACE THAT YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WANT TO LIVE OR VISIT. TRUST ME, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very disappointed to learn that you had a negative experience with Lake Howard Heights. Our goal is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. To further ensure we are delivering the best services possible, I would ask that you contact me directly at 863-293-3171 or via email at ghanley@seniorlifestyle.com so that you can share with me personally how we failed to deliver these services and meet your expectations so that we can improve the quality going forward.

Thanks, Glenda Hanley, Executive Director at Lake Howard Heights.

lampp September 07, 2013

My dad has been at Lake Howard for over a year now. Overall I have been pleased with the facility. This site lists cable as being included. It is not. And I "accidently" found Lake Howard when I was searching for a nursing home for my dad. Somehow they have been misclassified. Lake Howard is an Assisted Living Facility NOT a nursing home. Over the last year, my dad has gradually deteriated. During this time, they have been helpful and very sweet to him. There is only one staff member my mom doesn't care for (my mom visits my dad every morning, spending the morning with him and then goes about her day). He's just become too difficult for her to deal with. Every issue and every request we have ever made has been met with in an extremely timely and caring fashion. It is always a JOY to be there on any holiday. Even on dad's worst dementia days, they not only deal with it well but help us deal with it well too.

Donna11 November 28, 2012

My sister fell and broke her shoulder in four places. When she came out of the rehabilitation, she was admitted into Lake Howard Heights. But she hasn't fully recovered yet, so she fell again. Someone should have been at least checking on her regularly. They never should have let her come back and be by herself. When we went down there, we went into her apartment, no one has done anything in there to straighten it up and make sure that she was doing all right. And then when we told them that my sister has to go to long-term care, they told us she would have to pay two months because we didn't give them notice. I think that was atrocious that they would even discuss that.

From Lake Howard Heights

Senior assisted living at Lake Howard Heights offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Lake Howard Heights, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Winter Haven has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Lake Howard Heights, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

We are the only assisted living in Polk County that offers and utilizes the Quiet Care System___ Individualized emergency call system pendant that residents can wear that will identify them specifically by name and by location during an emergency___ 4 consecutive cycles ( 8 consecutive years) of deficiency free surveys from the Agency for Health Care Administration___ Beautiful lake front view apartments___ On site physical therapy available

Features of Lake Howard Heights

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Coffee shop

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Assisted Living License #5494
  • State License(s): 5494

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Lake Howard Heights