Heritage Woods | Assisted Living

3812 Forrestgate Dr, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103

Reviews of Heritage Woods | Assisted Living

Terry33 August 15, 2014

When Heritage Woods assessed my dad, they thought his memory was bad and that he needed to be in a care facility versus assisted living. However, the facility was very clean and very nice. The people seemed very happy, but it is more for people who can get around a lot better and don't have mental problems like dementia. They have no security for people who pose a flight risk. They can come and go as they please. Their activities were fairly typical -- for instance, they had Bingo, different outings and things like that. The rooms were very nice and large with plenty of storage area. They were very like much like an apartment minus the kitchen. What I like best about this community was the openness and airiness as well as the friendliness of the staff with whom I spoke. They should consider adding a secure area for people that do have dementia.

karingdaughter November 24, 2012

I think that Heritage Hills does a good job of taking care of residents. The facility is not ideal; it does seem a bit sterile and regimented. The building does smell vaguely of disinfectant and urine, but this is to be expected. The staff do go out of their way to provide entertaining events for the residents. When I visited my mother, there was live music in one of the parlors after lunch. My Mom seemed to really enjoy that. The outside areas are very well kept, and there are ample benches for sitting outside to enjoy the sunshine. The staff seems to be very caring. The attendants always address my Mom by name, and I notice that they are very well acquainted with other residents. I feel as thought the staff are encouraging, as well. Even if my Mom does not feel like participating in an activity, the staff members do try to encourage her, and offer assistance for her to go.

uninc4life2010 August 21, 2012

This facility seemed as if it was well run, however I did not see the entire facility, and I cannot comment on every aspect of it. I worked with some of the older residents; those who were in a later stage in their life, and needed just a little more help to get by. I played piano for a few of them, and afterwards we played bacce ball. The patients seemed very happy, and the workers were glad to have us help out. The facility seemed well staffed, well maintained, and overall, the morale seemed high. Again, I cannot comment on aspects of the assisted living facility outside of what I experienced that afternoon, however I would recommend this facility for elderly in the winston salem area. Happy Retirement!

From Heritage Woods

Heritage Woods is stylish, elegant and immediately envelops you with warmth. The setting is serene and comforting, yet you are minutes away from the heart of Winston-Salem. Heritage Woods is the ideal place to learn, grow and be inspired. As you continue this rewarding chapter in you life, you will have the opportunity to create a healthy, balanced lifestyle with a sense of security for the future. Life is as vibrant and as busy or carefree as you would like; the choice is yours. In addition to all of this, you'll enjoy the personal attention and service provided by our compassionate team of associates, allowing you the opportunity to relax and enjoy every aspect of life. If your needs change over time, you will have the opportunity to choose additional levels of service to assist you with the activities of daily living so that you can maintain the relationships and daily routines you have come to cherish.

Features of Heritage Woods