Forest Heights Senior Living Community

2500 Polo Ridge Court, Winston-Salem, NC, 27106

Reviews of Forest Heights Senior Living Community

Caring103774150 March 07, 2015

I think it is a good facility. We are pleased with Forest Heights. The people working there are fine. The staff that gave me the tour was fine. Everything is fine right now. The rooms are nice. The price range of the facility impressed me the most. They do have some activities for the residents. I think it is good that the residents have a choice of food, and they try to work with the residents on what they need. My experience with this place is good. When we first got there though, the room was not ready. They knew we were coming, but there were no linens in the room. We didn't have much communication with the nursing staff. Those are the two reasons why we didn?t give it a perfect score.

Caring100467350 October 17, 2014

My mom was only at Forest Heights for respite care. It was very nice, she liked the staff, and the food was good. The staff was skillfully trained, and as far as assistant living, I thought that they had a pretty extensive menu for her. You could have breakfast all day if you wanted, which was a good option. Mom had a suite, when you are in respite you get to choose, so it was pretty spacious. They had some social activities with the piano player, I know they had bingo. but she didn’t really do too much.

slefty73 September 23, 2014

It was very difficult for me to accept that caing for my mom at home was going to be very trying. However, with prayer, God led me to this facility. I visited 5 facilities. One was just as nice but the sales person at Forest Heights was excellent and caring. She has walked in our shoes and personally knows the trials. The tour, move-in process, as well as admission went well. It is a beautiful, well decorated, no order, well kept facility. Caring.com assisted me all the way and being a former social worker, the shoe was now on the other foot and their help was critical since my mom's discharge from short term rehab was fastly approaching. Now the real test is coming, hope the care and attention to the residents is as beautiful as the facility, as so far the staff is very attentive. When I moved my mom's belongings in the day before, I observed very good care of the residents.

Bonnie26 March 18, 2014

The building and rooms in Forest Heights were nice and clean, but it was more institutional. It does not have as fresh a smell. The nurse was actually rude to the person taking us on a tour. If the nurse was rude in front of a potential client, I can’t imagine how they could be behind your back. It wasn’t the kind of place I would want my mom to live in.

Thank you very much for your review. I recall our conversation in a follow up call placed after your tour when we learned that we fell short of your expectations. I appreciated your willingness to share why you were not choosing our community and when I shared with our team, everyone jumped into action to focus on the areas mentioned, using your feedback to improve. I am familiar with the incident that you described with our two teammates as I circled back around just as soon as our call was over to learn more of the circumstance. The “nurse” mentioned was actually a Medication Technician and although she was dealing with a situation that needed her immediate and undivided attention, during our counseling, she readily admits that she should have responded to her co-workers’ request differently. It was a great coaching opportunity, and we thank you for providing the feedback to help us address. As I shared during our conversation, we were aware that although not bad, our community could improve in the category of “freshness”. We have implemented several new best practices to ensure that any situations that might cause our community to be less than fresh, be addressed immediatley. We have a wonderful and caring team (I remember your very positive comments about the individual that toured with you), and they are passionate about providing a great senior living option for those we serve. If you have not found just the right community for you Mom, and even if you have, we encourage you to visit us again. We would appreciate your perspective.

Sincerely, Amanda Moore, Regional Director of Sales & Marketing, Five Star Senior Living

daddy2 December 26, 2013

this place is the best place for your family. The managers are all interacting with the residents, I saw the maintenance manager pushing a resident to lunch. This place is awesome and my family are very happy with our choice. I recommend them to everyone who needs a caring place for there mom or dad.

Snowbug1 December 24, 2013

I moved my mother to Forest Heights because she has a level of assisted living independence there that she didn't have at her previous Site. She is very happy and so am I!

Richard34 October 30, 2013

The Five Star facilities have the best food among others I visited. I have come across them through Caring.com. I visited this one and I like it. I found their staff to be good. I think they would provide good service. They have good food as well. I like this facility and I would recommend this place to others.

Carla Johnston August 14, 2013

My mother has been in the facility for a couple of weeks. I am impressed with the attention to detail they show, especially regarding her healthcare. They do not hesitate to call me with any questions and concerns. I feel comforted by their concern.

caring0718313 July 25, 2013

I visited Forest Heights for myself. They took me around and discussed the whole thing with me. The facility was just perfect. It was like living in a hotel. The staff was wonderful and accommodating during my visit. I also had lunch there and the food was excellent. They told me that I could even go and spend two days and one night so that I would get the idea of just how things operate.

fjs May 21, 2013

Forest Heights is a nice facility that takes very good care of their seniors. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

Happy here May 21, 2013

I am a resident of Forest Heights Senior Living, beginning my seventh year here. Obviously, I love it or I would have moved elsewhere. I have seen a multitude of changes here, making each year of my residency better than the one before. Of course I would rather be living in my own home--who wouldn't?--but since I cannot, there is no place I would rather live. The staff turn themselves into pretzels trying to make us happy and comfortable. No request goes unconsidered and is acted on if at all possible. I am encouraging my father to join me here as he is beginning to see the need for more assistance and I certainly would NEVER want him anywhere but the best possible place and FOREST HEIGHTS IS THE BEST!!! In fact, the state of North Carolina has just declared my home DEFICIENCY FREE!! I find little to criticize and much to love in my assisted living home. Come visit and talk to the residents as well as the staff. We will tell you how great our home is!

BTS September 04, 2012

Forest Heights gives a great tour, but what really happens there is very different from the way that things appear! In the year that my parents were living there, we encountered MANY problems! Medications were improperly administered, doctor's orders were overlooked, there was little security after hours, policies were continually changed from our resident agreement, food services declined considerably, staff did not fulfill their responsibilities for assistance with bathing, laundry was returned wet and not folded. There was little continuity with staff and many staff members were quite unprofessionable! We went through 4 different RN's and 3 Executive Directors during that time. Needless to say, my parents were moved to a different facility.

johblaz July 11, 2012

I was generally very pleased with the facility, and I remember thinking that I would be satisfied staying there myself if necessary one day. The staff members I encountered were professional and friendly. The amenities were very nice; clean, new, and in good condition. Generally, the I would describe the mood of the residents as upbeat. Many of the residents were engaged in various activities in the common areas during both of my visits, including sitting together talking on rocking chairs on the front porch, playing billiards, and watching television in the common areas. This was my first experience with an assisted living facility, and I was pleasantly surprised with how nice it seemed.

From Forest Heights Senior Living Community

Forest Heights Senior Living Community offers compassionate senior care in Winston-Salem, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Forest Heights Senior Living Community shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Winston-Salem, NC.

Features of Forest Heights Senior Living Community