The Gables at Winchester

299 Cambridge Street, Winchester, MA, 01890

Reviews of The Gables at Winchester

Will3 January 30, 2014

Gables at Winchester was a recommendation from another family. We visited the property and we saw that it was new and extremely clean. We like the staff that we had met. We selected this facility for my dad because of its cleanliness and also because of its staff. He has eaten there and he seemed to be very happy with the quality of the food and the options that they have. They have different selections for the residents with regards to their activities. They have classes, swimming, field trips that the residents can sign up, tours, and museum visits.

LovelyLady0000087 November 21, 2013

I am a resident of the Gables at Winchester for 2 months now. I chose it very quickly, it?s a very pleasant place with lots of trees and flowers. It also faces the sun. The rooms are bright and attractive. I also like the openness of this place. Most people who live here are locals and the staff seemed to be nice. The activities are not very stimulating; they only have music. The food is not what I am used to. Also, the clarity of the charges needs to be improved. However, the place is easy to get used to.

bob1231 December 04, 2012

I think the facility was really great. The people in the facility were very friendly. My mom's friend told me how the people there always took care of her. She also told me that she has never felt lonely at the facility. Whenever she needs help there is always someone there to help. She has been there for 1 years. She said that she is feeling much better in the facility .When I went to the facility, I was really impressed at how well the people there took care of the people living there. I actually got a chance to talk to a person working there who told me that he enjoys working there. I would love to go there again. I love the way they were so organized and how they cared about the people so much. I would rate them 10 stars if Ii could. After coming home from the facility i realized that there were actually good people in the world who cared about for other.

nursemass October 30, 2012

The Gables is an assisted living facility located in Winchester, MA, which has an above average safety rate. I visit the facility several times a year to check on two residents. I do not work for the Gables. I love this facility. It is built in a country style and has several luxurious facilities that seniors can enjoy. Winchester hospital is located five minutes away so seniors need not worry about where to go to hospital. Residents live in stylish apartments which are well equipped to serve the seniors needs. Staff is available 24 hours to assist the residents. Due to its large size, the facility feels more like an institution. The staff does engage residents in recreation activities. Gables also has a gym and a wellness program. I would recommend Gables to active seniors who want to enjoy their retirement in a luxurious facility.

A Frequent Visitor July 28, 2011

Located 10 miles outside of Boston, this facility offering independent and assisted living is rather new construction that is being upgraded, with lots of parking available. The setting feels more like you're in the country"”quiet and serene"”and the nearby downtown area of Winchester is gorgeous, with many restaurants and other amenities.

The facility itself is luxurious"”with gorgeous buildings and surroundings that include a pond and waterfall, which are pleasing and soothing.

The apartments are equipped with eat-in kitchens, although the food served in the common dining room is 5-star.

There is 24-hour care"”nurses, LPNs, doctors, dieticians"”and the staff really hustle to please and care for the residents.

There is a health club onsite. And there is also a whole calendar of activities offered, including many religious activities. On Sundays, there are jazz brunches for residents and family members.

Overall, Gables at Winchester offers a very pleasant environment, so seniors are less likely to get depressed; in fact, most residents seem happy and cheerful. I have a relative there"”and she's happy because of the companionship and activities offered.

Another plus: Gables at Winchester allows a trial period of one month; there's no commitment for residents who try it out and find it's not a good fit.

This place is a little more pricey than some, but for those who can afford it, it's well worth the cost. It's especially good for someone who is single because of the activities and attention to engaging residents.

From The Gables at Winchester

The Gables at Winchester offers compassionate senior care in Winchester, MA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Gables at Winchester shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Winchester, MA.

Features of The Gables at Winchester