The Commons At Brightmore

Reviews of The Commons At Brightmore

4.2

August 01, 2011

By 5illyIne

When I was a child, my cousin Lucy was my best friend. Her family lived across the street from ours and we did everything together. Over the years, we ended up going in separate directions, but managed to get back together about ten years ago. By that time, Lucy had a debilitating back problem which prevented her from living on her own. Although her children begged her to move in with one of them, she chose instead to move to The Kempton at Brightmore, a continuing care retirement community in Wilmington, North Carolina. It was close to her oldest daughter and within a two-hour drive of her other children. And most of all, it suited her personality perfectly. Always the perfect lady, The Kempton at Brightmore offers a gentile lifestyle with the subtle support and assistance that someone like Lucy needs.I have visited her several times, and I would not think twice about moving there, should I ever need that type of care. The apartments are well-designed with numerous handicap-accessible features that other types of facilities do not have. The ratio of staff members to residents is higher than average, meaning that the residents get immediate attention whenever they need it. The meals are truly gourmet, with many regional specialties offered on the varied menu (I love their collard greens). And there is a full calendar of activities that Lucy eagerly takes advantage of. I frankly don't know where she gets the energy, as she is busy from morning till night.Although Lucy has mobility issues, the Kempton at Brightmore has allowed her to keep her independence as she "ages in place." There is an on-site physical and occupational therapy center and they keep her back and legs strong and nimble, so she is able to do so much more than if she lived with her children. Most importantly, Lucy is happy and loves her apartment. She has it decorated with family photos, but she really only sleeps there. She is out and about most of the time.I personally am comforted knowing she has good care, lots of friends, and things to keep her happy and occupied. I think this is a great place in a wonderful little coastal community.

Features of The Commons At Brightmore

• State Licenses: HAL-065-002

About The Commons At Brightmore

The Commons At Brightmore is an assisted living facility in Wilmington, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Commons At Brightmore for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Commons At Brightmore