The Kempton at Brightmore

2298 S 41st St, Wilmington, NC, 28403

Reviews of The Kempton at Brightmore

Anna4 June 20, 2012

It was very nice. I've heard horror stories about nursing homes, but this was nothing like that. Although, my understanding is the "rent" or price is VERY VERY high. I wish that facilities like this were available to all seniors at a reasonable price that accepted health insurances and medicare.

mmjoey45 May 19, 2012

The place was very clean and neat. All the staff members were polite except for one woman who seemed aggravated. The bathrooms impressed me because of how clean they were. Also the food wasn't all that bad either which is expected in places like that. I really like the landscaping and the overall look at the facility, and parking was very easy. Also it was nice how easy it was to check in and visit my friend. Although there was a wet spot on the floor that had not been marked (possibly because it just happened) the rest of the place I saw was extremely clean. My friend's room is very spacious and was not dull and boring as I expected. The only complaint my friend had is the T.V. that sometimes offers troubles and cuts off, but my friend assured me the staff was planning on fixing it soon.

5illyIne August 01, 2011

When I was a child, my cousin Lucy was my best friend. Her family lived across the street from ours and we did everything together. Over the years, we ended up going in separate directions, but managed to get back together about ten years ago. By that time, Lucy had a debilitating back problem which prevented her from living on her own. Although her children begged her to move in with one of them, she chose instead to move to The Kempton at Brightmore, a continuing care retirement community in Wilmington, North Carolina. It was close to her oldest daughter and within a two-hour drive of her other children. And most of all, it suited her personality perfectly. Always the perfect lady, The Kempton at Brightmore offers a gentile lifestyle with the subtle support and assistance that someone like Lucy needs.I have visited her several times, and I would not think twice about moving there, should I ever need that type of care. The apartments are well-designed with numerous handicap-accessible features that other types of facilities do not have. The ratio of staff members to residents is higher than average, meaning that the residents get immediate attention whenever they need it. The meals are truly gourmet, with many regional specialties offered on the varied menu (I love their collard greens). And there is a full calendar of activities that Lucy eagerly takes advantage of. I frankly don't know where she gets the energy, as she is busy from morning till night.Although Lucy has mobility issues, the Kempton at Brightmore has allowed her to keep her independence as she "ages in place." There is an on-site physical and occupational therapy center and they keep her back and legs strong and nimble, so she is able to do so much more than if she lived with her children. Most importantly, Lucy is happy and loves her apartment. She has it decorated with family photos, but she really only sleeps there. She is out and about most of the time.I personally am comforted knowing she has good care, lots of friends, and things to keep her happy and occupied. I think this is a great place in a wonderful little coastal community.

About The Kempton at Brightmore

The Kempton at Brightmore is an assisted living facility in Wilmington, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Kempton at Brightmore for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Kempton at Brightmore