Windsor Place of Wilmington Assisted Living

92 West Street, Wilmington, MA, 01887

Reviews of Windsor Place of Wilmington Assisted Living

February 26, 2014

By What do you mean

Windsor Place is just barely four years old. It's right on the Reading-Wilmington town line. We have one of the 2-bedroom apartments here and we find it pretty tight, much less room. It does have three closets and that's nice. One of our three daughters lives right here in Reading just around the corner from Windsor Place which is where we are and she's a physical therapist. She has worked in these kind of places and she has a pretty good idea that Windsor Place is perhaps as good as it gets for this immediate area. One of the big advantages that we find for us is that she just was around the corner so we see a good deal of her and the clinic where all of my wife's doctors are now. This is much more practical, much more convenient and much, much safer which was the primary goal that my daughters realized because Barbara had some pretty difficult falls. They have an amazing activities director. She's very good and she arranges an awful lot of good things and so we have a monthly talk, a presentation by a retired history professor and he is just incredible. It's so, so informative. He knows a lot of details of historical things from George Washington, pre-revolutionary war and then he did hit Hawaii and the attack on Pearl Harbor. Just amazing, amazing talk and that's once a month and we really look forward to that. All of us do. There's a full time nurse on duty and all the certified nurse assistants and they have a business manager, an activities manager. They have maintenance people here that come at your beck and call if anything is wrong with the facility. They have three terrific meals a day here. Great cook. They have an assisted living and dementia and in Barbara's case, they have someone come in the morning, get her cleaned up, dressed and the same thing at night and also two more times during the day. A total of four times they give her meds, one at breakfast, one at dinner and one at bedtime and one at noon especially. So the arrangement is working quite nicely. When Barbara is in typical condition, I'm able to get away for a few days back to our home in New Hampshire and get some things done and my medical facilities are all still up there. When I go back, I do all my appointments and stuff for a few days. So that's what the girls would like to have, something that allows me some degree of freedom to a certain extent and as soon as we get Barbara back to the condition she was in before she had a hospital stay and we're hoping for that. It was a swallowing thing due to Parkinson's but the care here is quite good and the food is great. They have a bus that goes out at least once a week to one of the shopping areas, either groceries or whatever. I don't know why anybody would go grocery shopping because there's much more food here and more variety than anybody could possibly want. They also have trips. We went to Harvard Square and did some history tours. Bus trip and guided tours here and there. I'm trying to think of the writers' museum on Western Massachusetts. We went to the butterfly museum. That was kind of fun. I took a bunch of pictures there and had some fun with them here. I've given them a couple of slide shows myself as we've traveled a great deal around this country but they have slide shows here, professionals that come in typically once a month. Maybe once every month and a half, they give slide shows, the travel trips and so forth. It's pretty good.

July 01, 2013

By concerned child 400

Very happy with the staff and facility.

September 26, 2012

By drgwish3

I visited this facility and found that it is fairly new, clean, and organized. I saw there is a piano for entertainment, a schedule for all sorts of various activities that seemed fun. The staff seemed friendly and the living area was very large with lots of comfortable, new chairs. The dining area was like dining in a fancy restaurant, four star hotel with all the clean silverware, folded napkins, nice white dinnerware and tablecloths and new chairs. The serving staff was friendly. The people who lived there seemed happy and they were allowed to go outside where there is a pathway and a garden area with benches. On their website, I was invited to have lunch there and bring a friend or relative. They are very happy to allow you to tour their very recommended newest facility. There was plenty of parking at Windsor Place as well and in a nice, wooded area, away from any busy roads. This is a very well kept, clean facility. I would highly recommend this place.

April 03, 2012

By gan

I researched the property myself. Upon my findings I found that the facility was very clean, the staff was very helpful and cheery. The marketing director very nice and made me feel right at home, she brought me a glass of wine. I could not believe the dining room was beautiful. I only had one concern was I have family that visits me with their kids. I did not see a place where we could visit together.

Photos of Windsor Place of Wilmington Assisted Living

Services & Amenities of Windsor Place of Wilmington Assisted Living

• General Store

• Psychiatric Care
  • Pharma

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1

About Windsor Place of Wilmington Assisted Living

We have a beautiful facility that is located just off I-93 at Exit 38. Also very close to I-95!

We have a memory community within our larger community. We offer respite care so that you can try us out!

We have so many great activities which include entertainment within our building and trips every week to very exciting places!

The food is delicious! Housekeeping keeps the community spotless!

Our memory community has a great reputation in the community for the outstanding care and attention to the residents

Map of Windsor Place of Wilmington Assisted Living