Rockland Place

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Rockland Place

September 11, 2012

By Quinn27

In the summer of 2010 my great aunt became a resident of Rockland Place in Wilmington, Delaware. She know longer wanted to live alone after her husband passed two years before. My family and I have visited her several times since she moved there and have been impressed each time. She is very happy there. They have a great staff, delicious food, and great amenities. She is able to live alone but still have the comfort of twenty-four hour staff and residents close by her own age. They have a lot of great activities, are there at a moments notice and like to take the residents out. We have always been happy with how kind and helpful the staff is to us when we visit her and think that the grounds are amazing. They even have instructors come in and teach their residents and they are able to sign up for classes to keep their minds fresh. She is very happy there and I would honestly recommend them to anyone. Residents are even allowed to have small pets if they wish to have them and the staff helps them with their care if they need it.

June 29, 2012

By jdwill

Rockland Place was a very impressive location with very friendly staff and beautiful facilities/outdoor areas. It seemed more magnificent than what my elderly grandfather in his weakened state could fully appreciate. He mostly stayed in his room, which was quite small but very comfortable. I'm sure he was bored and lonely there, but that was to no fault of the home. I remember the food being fine, but nothing too special. I also remember a very nice library there where you could even borrow movies. All in all, I'd say that this was the type of place I'd hope to find myself if I ever do end up in an assisted living facility. The only complaint I have is that on the final day of my grandfather's life he became quite nonsensical. We could tell he was slipping away. He kept asking to listen to opera music, which he had loved all his life. I ran frantically around the home looking for some source of music. I asked the staff, but they didn't take the matter seriously. In the end, I never was able to find opera music to play for my grandfather as he passed away. I wish that the home could have at least provided him a radio, but I understand they have more important things to worry about.

Photos of Rockland Place

• Renal

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

About Rockland Place

Rockland Place in Wilmington Delaware is a rental community offering Assisted Living and Memory Care in an engaging setting. Discover Wilmington's only community with two levels of Alzheimer's and Memory Care. Choose your new residence from studio apartments to spacious 2 bedroom floor plans. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and can even slow the process of memory loss.

That's why, as part of Watermark Retirement Communities, Rockland Place participates in Watermark University that has a course catalog is filled with an array of innovative brain and body fitness courses. Located in the heart of the beautiful Brandywine Valley, we're just a short drive from the world famous Longwood Gardens, Winterthur Museum and Gardens and the Brandywine River Museum. This is a rental community with no buy-in required. A Watermark Retirement community.

Map of Rockland Place