Rockland Place

1519 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE, 19803

Reviews of Rockland Place

Average Rating:
jdwill June 29, 2012

Rockland Place was a very impressive location with very friendly staff and beautiful facilities/outdoor areas. It seemed more magnificent than what my elderly grandfather in his weakened state could fully appreciate. He mostly stayed in his room, which was quite small but very comfortable. I'm sure he was bored and lonely there, but that was to no fault of the home. I remember the food being fine, but nothing too special. I also remember a very nice library there where you could even borrow movies. All in all, I'd say that this was the type of place I'd hope to find myself if I ever do end up in an assisted living facility. The only complaint I have is that on the final day of my grandfather's life he became quite nonsensical. We could tell he was slipping away. He kept asking to listen to opera music, which he had loved all his life. I ran frantically around the home looking for some source of music. I asked the staff, but they didn't take the matter seriously. In the end, I never was able to find opera music to play for my grandfather as he passed away. I wish that the home could have at least provided him a radio, but I understand they have more important things to worry about.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From Rockland Place

Rockland Place in Wilmington Delaware is a rental community offering Assisted Living and Memory Care in an engaging setting. Discover Wilmington's only community with two levels of Alzheimer's and Memory Care. Choose your new residence from studio apartments to spacious 2 bedroom floor plans. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and can even slow the process of memory loss.

That's why, as part of Watermark Retirement Communities, Rockland Place participates in Watermark University that has a course catalog is filled with an array of innovative brain and body fitness courses. Located in the heart of the beautiful Brandywine Valley, we're just a short drive from the world famous Longwood Gardens, Winterthur Museum and Gardens and the Brandywine River Museum. This is a rental community with no buy-in required. A Watermark Retirement community.

Features of Rockland Place

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Spanish

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: Small Pets