Lodge Lane Assisted Living

1221 Lodge Lane, Wilmington, DE, 19809

Reviews of Lodge Lane Assisted Living

Sabra1 May 10, 2014

I like Lodge Lane. Because it was brand new, it was not overcrowded. It was all-inclusive also. It was a Jewish community. We're not Jewish, so that might hold it back a little. It was absolutely immaculate there. It looked like you were in a 5-star hotel. They had kosher kitchens and regular kitchens. They were really working to bring just the finest they could to Lodge Lane.

They had 17 rooms in memory care. Very well-maintained, lovely rooms. When we visited, there were three residents in the memory care, so you were getting exceptional care because they actually have more staff than they did residents. Even in their retirement community, they had a lot of staff. The staff was very kind. The residents there were very well-dressed.

It was more of a hotel feeling, so I found it very inviting. The only drawback I see with that is, because it had that hotel kind of feeling, somebody with memory problems may have been a little confused because the hallways all look the same. My mom would not have liked to have been that lonely. She does much better with a little bit more activity going on around her.

Caring73556850 November 29, 2013

Mother has been in Lodge Lane for a week now. It's a brand new facility in Delaware so they're fully staffed but they don't have all the people in there yet. She speaks more Ukrainian and we couldn't find anybody that speaks the language. They are new and fully staffed, it's almost like a 2:1 like while she gets through the initial shock of being somewhere else and it is proving wonderful. She feels safe because there are young people around to help her if she needs it. They're so nice and they're not loud.

It was like night and day between the nurse who comes out and assesses her versus the head nurse. The other nurse was always behind the desk doing paperwork and doesn't talk to my mother. She was only concerned with deficiencies and pulling off the paperwork. The head nurse was amazing. Never once was I included in the conversation because she was all about my mom. She's still like that and all the staff is taking their cues from her. She made me feel like they're going to take care of her no matter what because they were so engaged.

The food is wonderful and incredible. They not only have deli but food and their portions are very generous. It was best to just put the food out for my mom versus asking her because she doesn't really understand baked, broiled or fried but they quickly adjusted and know that that is what she will eat like a second intuition.

About Lodge Lane Assisted Living

Lodge Lane Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Wilmington, DE that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Lodge Lane Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Lodge Lane Assisted Living