Foulk Manor South

407 Foulk Road, Wilmington, DE, 19803

Reviews of Foulk Manor South

March 27, 2015

By Lee21

I only visited Foulk Manor South, and it is a good place. I thought that the people, the staff, and the administrators were very good. The nurses and the doctors were all good. The room wasn't all that wonderful, but it was as nice as any of the other places. They had a wine and cheese party, and they have something going almost every day like pets coming in. There is something every day on the calendar. They have nursing and memory care, and they have different dining rooms and a different staff for each. The food was decent. It was just a nice place, and they try really hard. The administrator really worked with us.

February 11, 2015

We almost went to Foulk Manor South. They were extremely nice. They gave us a beautiful gift of carrot cake when we left, they had a musical going on when we were there, and they tried to be helpful, but I did not like the facility as much. We did not like the room they had available. It was a two-room suite, but you had to walk through the bathroom to get from one room to the other.

August 26, 2014

By Candace4

Foulk Manor South was also wonderful. They were caring and compassionate and they were trying to help work out the finances. They were nice too, but they didn't offer as much. I looked around and from what I saw, they had very helpful information and very good quality of care -- I was pleased with them as well. They showed me the menu, which was very good. They change the menu every day and they offer different selections. It was like family style or restaurant style dining where they give you choices and you could choose what you want to eat. They also go over the nutrition, so that you will know if there is a certain thing on the menu that you shouldn't eat, then you can choose a different option. Also, if you didn't want a hot meal, you can choose a cold option like a sandwich for the night or soup and chicken. In addition to the three meals that the kitchen would prepare, they give people the option of eating something else. They even have this wonderful committee of senior citizens that help plan the menu, so that they are still a part of it. They would sit down with the chef and the kitchen staff and with a nutritionist, so that they are not just coming up with the menu, but the chef and the nutritionist are helping to guide them and suggest some wonderful ideas, so that people have the flavors of home and the flavors that remind them of happiness or something, so it was such a good experience.

May 11, 2014

By Sabra1

I wasn't that fond of Foulk Manor. They have a licensed nurse during the day. They had 45 residents in assisted living, up to 108-capacity. That sounds good. One of the rooms that we looked at was too small. They had a 2-room concept that was a good size. There was not enough staff per resident. The person who showed us around seemed kind of a mess herself. She seemed disorganized. They did offer an upgrade to the bathroom, which was very nice that that was available. But of course, that would be something you'd have to pay for. I can remember seeing some residents, and they spoke to us. I remember one woman in particular; she was very happy there.

Thank you for feedback and I apologize for the experience you had while touring our community. I would like to invite you for another tour and perhaps have lunch with me in our resident dining room where we can address each one of your concerns in detail, and with the attention that it deserves.

Mike Salitsky, Executive Director

March 31, 2014

Foulk Manor was pretty good. Generally, I liked the rooms. It was very clean, and the people were nice. They had visits to do in nearby places, and shopping. It did impress me, but right now I'm not doing anything.

December 27, 2013

Foulk Manor South was nice and clean. But it looked more like a hospital setting. The rooms looked like hospital bed. They just have a curtain between the two beds. The staff seemed really good.

November 20, 2013

The nurse at Foulk Manor needed a little help and personality. She just would not engage in my mom. The nurse from the memory care was wonderful. She was very engaging but she was from the memory care and doesn't come over to the other side. Whoever the head nurse there isn't concerned with deficiency. They have to be engaging so that the staff, whether it's a person who picks up the trash or just helps with escorting the people who are not outside smoking or saying this is just a job.

Photos of Foulk Manor South

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10

About Foulk Manor South

Foulk Manor South offers compassionate senior care in Wilmington, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Foulk Manor South shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Wilmington, DE.

Offer two levels of memory care -Have intermediate level nursing care in a home like setting - Multiple courtyards for enjoying the outdoors

Map of Foulk Manor South