Foulk Manor South

407 Foulk Road, Wilmington, DE, 19803

Reviews of Foulk Manor South

May 11, 2014

By Sabra1

I wasn't that fond of Foulk Manor. They have a licensed nurse during the day. They had 45 residents in assisted living, up to 108-capacity. That sounds good. One of the rooms that we looked at was too small. They had a 2-room concept that was a good size. There was not enough staff per resident. The person who showed us around seemed kind of a mess herself. She seemed disorganized. They did offer an upgrade to the bathroom, which was very nice that that was available. But of course, that would be something you'd have to pay for. I can remember seeing some residents, and they spoke to us. I remember one woman in particular; she was very happy there.

Thank you for feedback and I apologize for the experience you had while touring our community. I would like to invite you for another tour and perhaps have lunch with me in our resident dining room where we can address each one of your concerns in detail, and with the attention that it deserves.

Mike Salitsky, Executive Director

March 31, 2014

Foulk Manor was pretty good. Generally, I liked the rooms. It was very clean, and the people were nice. They had visits to do in nearby places, and shopping. It did impress me, but right now I'm not doing anything.

December 27, 2013

Foulk Manor South was nice and clean. But it looked more like a hospital setting. The rooms looked like hospital bed. They just have a curtain between the two beds. The staff seemed really good.

November 20, 2013

The nurse at Foulk Manor needed a little help and personality. She just would not engage in my mom. The nurse from the memory care was wonderful. She was very engaging but she was from the memory care and doesn't come over to the other side. Whoever the head nurse there isn't concerned with deficiency. They have to be engaging so that the staff, whether it's a person who picks up the trash or just helps with escorting the people who are not outside smoking or saying this is just a job.

Photos of Foulk Manor South

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10

About Foulk Manor South

Foulk Manor South offers compassionate senior care in Wilmington, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Foulk Manor South shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Wilmington, DE.

Offer two levels of memory care -Have intermediate level nursing care in a home like setting - Multiple courtyards for enjoying the outdoors

Map of Foulk Manor South