Foulk Manor North

1212 Foulk Road, Wilmington, DE, 19803

Reviews of Foulk Manor North

Sabra1 May 10, 2014

Foulk Manor North was one of my favorites. They had 12 apartments, and they offered a memory care unit. I liked the fact that it was small, and so it would have been very personal. The woman who showed us around was very nice, very professional, and very smart. She had a lot of information. She talked to us about a geriatric doctor that they could recommend if Mom went there. I do know that the medication and all that they would give to my mother would have been included in the monthly fee, so there wasn't a lot of extras that they were going to tack on to the initial price.

She told us that if any of the residents had special needs, they would be aware of that because it was small. A lot of folks with dementia, when the sun goes down, they have a difficult time at that point of the day. If they knew that my mom was going to have a difficult time at that part of the day, they would have distracted her before that would have even occurred. So that was nice that they were going to be proactive on issues.

My mom had gone to the hospital with UTI, and the woman who showed us around said was my mom's UTI never would have sent her to the hospital because they would have recognized that. They know their residents so well that they would have recognized right away if something was unusual with my mother. I liked the kind of care that I thought she was going to get there.

They had a small dining room. The apartments were a nice size. They have an activities director six days a week from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, so that's a pretty long time to be there to offer that. They had four aides for three floors and two for night shift. One was always available for the hall my mom would have been in in memory care.

The aides were aides for the patients. They had different folks working in the dining room. They had different folks working for cleaning. So it wasn't like the aide had multiple duties of cleaning up dinner or cleaning the apartments and taking care of the residents. I think that's the only place that I found where they had different types of staff for different activities.

caring1614 November 26, 2013

I found Foulk Manor to be very acceptable. They're clean and the rooms were nice and spacious enough. The work attitude of the staff was excellent and the people were friendly. I like the facility.

Caring63086550 November 24, 2013

I was just most impressed with Foulk Manor North. Firstly, it was close to me. We had my mother there in their memory care unit until she had to be moved to a nursing unit. The facility was very nice. They had all kinds of activities for the people. The people that worked there were lovely. I would go there everyday and if I did get there at lunch, I tasted a few things and they were actually good. My mom liked it. I absolutely would recommend this facility to others.

Alice13 October 13, 2013

My mother spent about two years in Foulk Manor North. I liked everything about that facility. It was lovely and excellent. Everybody was very kind and very nice. Her room was big and wonderful, almost like a suite. There was a little kitchenette and she had a separate bedroom area, two closets and a lovely bathroom.

DelawareTodd January 28, 2012

I have visited the Foulk Manor Facility on numerous occasions, typically two times a month to visit a relative who has been a resident over the past year. My impressions of the facility are generally positive for the nature of the business. Upon walking in you notice Foulk Manor is very well maintained and does not appear to be an assisted living facility. The furniture looks new and modern looking and gives the feel of a lively place. Residents can be seen walking around and intereacting with other resdents and staff. I have been approached by personal by residents looking to engage in conversation. The staff takes special attention to tend to the needs of the residents. They engage them in games and activity throughout the day to keep them occupied and entertained. Some residents like peace and quite, they are allowed the ability to stay in their rooms and do things at their leisure. Buses can be seen entering and leaving the grounds through out the day, These are offereed to residents as an opportunity to leave the premises and go places such as doctors appointment, etc. Overall while no one wants to end up in an assited living facility, Foulk Manor of Wilmington is top notch and the staff are very accomidating.

JoePell1 January 07, 2012

After my grandmother recently passed away, my grandfather decided that he wanted to move into a retirement community. I have always been pretty active in my grandfather's life so I wanted to be one of the ones who went with him to look at places. I have to say, the one that stood out most in my mind was Foulk Manor and I hope it turns out to be the one that he decides on. I had never had a lot of experience with assisted living facilities, I had always thought they were more like hospitals. Some of the facilities we visited fit that mental picture more than others but the one I was most impressed with was Foulk. It was like it was almost like a regular apartment complex only with a lot of really friendly people to help out with the day to day things. The staff there really seemed to care about the people living there. My grandfather has always been pretty independent so the Independent Living facilities they have were perfect for him. The thing that impressed me the most was how peaceful it seemed there with lots of outside areas to sit and relax in. My grandfather has always liked the outdoors so the fact that it wasn't stuck in the middle of a city was perfect for him. It really is beautiful there and I really think my grandfather would be happy living there.

Loveandlight May 29, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I have several church friends who are residents at this facility, and I have taken scout troops to volunteer with residents. The common spaces on the first floor of the main building are spacious and well maintained. The are a variety of space types, which lend themselves to many different activities. Within the facility, there are many levels of care. For those able to live independently, there are garden condos. There are typical assisted living room, and an area for those who need medical care as well as daily living care.

There are many assisted living facilities in the area, but this one has been an enjoyable and engaging home for my friends.

From Foulk Manor North

Foulk Manor North offers compassionate senior care in Wilmington, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Foulk Manor North shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Wilmington, DE.

Features of Foulk Manor North