Sunrise of Wilmette

615 Ridge Road, Wilmette, IL, 60091

Reviews of Sunrise of Wilmette

Caring107869250 June 08, 2015

Sunrise of Wilmette was a very nice facility and physically attractive. I am still assessing it for my sister and her particular needs, but as far as Sunrise was concerned, it was a lovely place. The staff seemed very attentive, and one thing that was positive from my point of view is they seem to have lot of supports. They have CNAs working one on one with the residents. I think they also have pets like a dog, which I kind of thought was a nice catch there.

They have card games and supervised activities; that’s why I wasn’t sure if it was an appropriate set for my sister. What I saw was more of a memory care, dementia unit. They didn’t really have a lot of outings. They had some like to the museums simple because the residents that they are caring for are less mobile, and they didn’t seem to have that particular type of activity. Otherwise, it was very nice, and from what I saw, they seemed to be serving the needs of the residents.

Concerned daughter23 December 06, 2014

Marginal facility. Inadequate staff given the level of care needed. Clearly the focus is on the bottom line not the well being of the resident. The staff is excellent but their numbers insufficient.

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com so we can follow up with you. Thanks! Sunrise Team

Claire14 September 10, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Wilmette, and I quite liked it because I thought it was very small. However, when they booked my tour, I went there on a day when the seniors were out on a trip. I just didn't see any seniors with them, but the staff seemed very nice and lovely. The physical facility seemed beautiful, but it would be very hard to assess a place like that when you don't see the residents walking around, and you can't really assess how they are responding to the different things that they tell you they offer. But, I did think it was a great location, and the size of the facility, which was small, I thought that was very nice, and the layout. The rooms were a nicer size. It seemed a little more modern than some of the other ones I have seen, and the decorations seemed more up-to-date. Their activity calendar looked great. It looked like they had lots of things to do, and the meal offering was nice.

Caring93044450 August 30, 2014

It was a great experience when I visited Sunrise of Wilmette. I was there for just over an hour and I like everything about it, but I know that my husband will not go into a place like that. The staff was excellent. Everything I saw was excellent. It was clean and homey. It has two separate sections. It had a locked memory care unit upstairs. It was very nicely organized so that one could feel that you are in a home and you have your private bedroom. It was non-institutional. I didn’t see any activities other than sitting around doing puzzles and watching television. I was there in the evening around 5 or 6 pm, but I saw listing of activities and they were the usual things.

Martha26 February 01, 2014

Sunrise looked very comfortable and cozy. It has a small number of residents and a lot of staff. It was very home like. The residents were very pleasant to each other. I think they're comfortable. They handle dementia patients very well. They didn't have as many events going on. But I presume because first of all there's a small group of people and second because those people tend to be pretty sick.

I can imagine liking it myself. But it wasn't big enough, didn't have enough people, and it wasn't exciting. They certainly have an emphasis on healthy food. But they didn't have a lot of pizzaz. That's not what most people are looking for, but that's what my friend was looking for.

Caring Grandson2 November 07, 2012

The first thing that I noticed was the amount of fresh cut flowers everywhere. The facility is absolutely lovely. My Grandmother suffers from memory loss so transitions are very hard for her. She was very nervous about staying at this facility but the staff immediately made her feel at home. Her room was comfortable and she was able to watch all of her favorite television shows in the common area. We live in the nearby Evanston area and Sunrise is just a short drive from Chicago.My Grandmother recovered and we were able to care for her again at the home. She had a very hard time transitioning back. I think part of this was due to the nice treatment that she received.I would recommend this facility to anyone interested in transitioning a loved on to an assisted living facility.

Dan7 July 11, 2012

The facility itself is very nice. The rooms are cleaned and dusted down daily by a local housekeeping service. While I do not venture very fare outside of the route to my friend's room, I see enough to know that the staff are always alert and ready to help the residents with anything they may need. The decorations are uplifting they stay true to the namesake of the assisted living home, using bright colors and clean backgrounds to create a lively atmosphere. I have visited the kitchens, and the food that the residents are served seems to be healthy, organic fare. They also offer special accommodations for residents with allergies, dietary restrictions, and the like. I have only one complaint: the facility is located next to a busy street with a large volume of thru traffic. I would imagine that this disturbs some of the patients, but my friend does not seem to be bothered by it.

arjayeph May 13, 2011

Visited this facility

I give Sunrise/Wilmette a neutral rating due to the fact that while it is an extremely nice place for some, the environment might be less than ideal, perhaps detrimental, for others. I say this because this small facility has a a genuinely "homey" atmosphere, the environment being very subdued and quiet. While this type of environment might well be appreciated by those who merely wish to relax and be comfortable, it is not at all suitable for those whose physical or mental ailments are causing them to withdraw from personal interaction or are wrestling with depression on any level.

Though the staff is cheery and seemingly dedicated, the overall atmosphere is notably more sombre than any other facility that I visited or with which I had experience. Again, while this might be ideal for those having troubles with anxiety or otherwise suffering from frayed nerves, that same calming influence would be undesireable for many individuals already troubled by their diminished facilities and reduced capabilities.

The environment is decidely sumptuous, with the air of a classical mansion, and the accommodations themselves are superior to many other facilities; however, the prices, while still less than some similar facilities, still clearly reflect this "luxury". Unfortunately, the apparant luxury is not particularly apparant from the menu, which seemed only marginally different from other, larger Sunrise locations. The small size of this residence precludes it from having any elaborate amenities that might otherwise serve to set it apart.

To summarize, it is a nice, quiet place in a nice, quiet suburban area. Though ideal for a certain niche of seniors, the atmosphere might be oppressive to many.

From Sunrise of Wilmette

Located across the street from the police station, Sunrise of Wilmette is set in a residential neighborhood close to downtown Wilmette. We pride ourselves in exclusively providing care for those with memory impairment.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Wilmette

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours