Brookdale Willoughby

35300 Kaiser Court, Willoughby, OH, 44094

Reviews of Brookdale Willoughby

Gina H May 07, 2014

As the daughter of a resident, we were much happier in the beginning of my parent's stay. There has been a tremendous turnover and the new, very young resident assistants have little to no training. The staff is not experienced with memory care and does not follow the care plan in place. My parent was sent to the ER in an ambulance because she didn't want to take her pills. She has Alzheimer's and there has been a decline in the care received. If you call to contact the nursing staff you may be put on hold for longer than five minutes, your call may not be answered, or the person you talk to doesn't even know the issue. When you speak to the director, the answers are exactly right, but the behavior doesn't change on the floor with your loved one. Resident Assistants with experience are given shorter hours and "bumped" out of a job they did very well, maybe due to the decreased expense that newly hired people cost? My sibling and I have been called three times in four days to help my parent take medicine. I live 45 minutes away, and thought they could do this. Watch your bill as well-lots of "incidentals" and a nearly 10% increase in the last year's cost. Not a place I can honestly recommend

Candy5 April 09, 2014

Emeritus was really nice, other than the fact that you had to provide your own furniture. So that would have been a little bit hard. At the time we were only given a really short timeframe to find some place for my father-in-law, so we would have had to deal with getting furniture over there. Otherwise, I really just liked it. It was very much more of a home kind of setting.

The rooms were very nice and large. But again, you had to have your own furniture. That probably made it more comfortable for the people, but they were very expensive to have a single room. If I had chosen that one for my father-in-law, we would have to go with where he would have shared a room. But even with that, there was plenty of private space for him, even though he might have a roommate. It was still nice. But the only issue I had of course was taking your own furniture there.

They seem to have area to watch TV, do puzzles, and they had a fireplace. It was just very nice and very homey. It seemed a very pleasant place. It was also close to where me and my husband live. That's what the other thing -- we're trying to make sure to have it close to where we live so that we could still go visit him.

Beth14 January 31, 2014

We went to Emeritus in Willoughby and I would give this facility a 4. I like the idea of the cottages. It gives it a more personal feel. The rooms were small though and many of them did not have shower.

Alan5 November 24, 2013

I went to Emeritus first because it was so convenient and it was so nice. I've decided on it right away. The place is very nice and clean. They have really friendly people there. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Donna38 September 30, 2013

Emeritus at Willoughby was expensive and the place was very small. You can live in a one unit room with another person. It has one room and the other living room was another's person bedroom. And then the other one was basically the hospital room, and then the other one was too expensive with the living room and the bath. There is no shower in any of the rooms.

Cheryl9 June 23, 2013

I like Emeritus at Willoughby for my father. It was a very good visit. The staff were great and very helpful. I knew that they would look out for him. Their dining room was good. I was looking for a separate unit for him, however, the only one that they had had two doors, one leads outside and the other one goes into the inside where all the other residents were sitting in a common area and it was right outside his door. He doesn't like that. We need something that's separate where he has his own room and he can do his own cooking. We want him to stay independent.

Fallenrocker May 29, 2013

Nice clean, peaceful setting. Very nice and caring staff.

Kenneth2 January 24, 2013

After surveying several places in the area, Emeritus appeared to be the best match for my parents. One of the primary features is they would accept couples with memory care needs. And that was important because not all places do that. The facility is made up of half a dozen of cottages, and each cottage is one story that accommodates about 12 to 14 residents. They have different sizes of rooms, anywhere from a small room or a studio to a one bedroom. They have a nice living and dining room arrangements. It's a very nice facility. It's well-kept, clean, and the people appear to be well-trained. So far, I'm very happy with their care of my parents for the couple of months they've been there.

Caring Relative November 02, 2011

Emeritus, formerly Sunrise, is an exceptionally caring facility. Having worked in hospitals I know how stressful working around patients requiring 24-hour care can be to a caregiver. However, the employees at Emeritus are very calm, relaxed, and helpful to all the patients. My relative was in the unit for Alzheimer patients and therefore needed more care than some, but the employees at Emeritus always treated him as if they were related to him. I cannot say enough about how they treated him from the day he arrived to the day he passed.

From Brookdale Willoughby

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Willoughby