Brookdale Willoughby

Overview of Ratings

3.8

January 31, 2014

By Beth14

We went to Emeritus in Willoughby and I would give this facility a 4. I like the idea of the cottages. It gives it a more personal feel. The rooms were small though and many of them did not have shower.

November 24, 2013

By Alan5

I went to Emeritus first because it was so convenient and it was so nice. I've decided on it right away. The place is very nice and clean. They have really friendly people there. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend them to others.

September 30, 2013

By Donna38

Emeritus at Willoughby was expensive and the place was very small. You can live in a one unit room with another person. It has one room and the other living room was another's person bedroom. And then the other one was basically the hospital room, and then the other one was too expensive with the living room and the bath. There is no shower in any of the rooms.

June 23, 2013

By Cheryl9

I like Emeritus at Willoughby for my father. It was a very good visit. The staff were great and very helpful. I knew that they would look out for him. Their dining room was good. I was looking for a separate unit for him, however, the only one that they had had two doors, one leads outside and the other one goes into the inside where all the other residents were sitting in a common area and it was right outside his door. He doesn't like that. We need something that's separate where he has his own room and he can do his own cooking. We want him to stay independent.

May 29, 2013

By Fallenrocker

Nice clean, peaceful setting. Very nice and caring staff.

January 24, 2013

By Kenneth2

After surveying several places in the area, Emeritus appeared to be the best match for my parents. One of the primary features is they would accept couples with memory care needs. And that was important because not all places do that. The facility is made up of half a dozen of cottages, and each cottage is one story that accommodates about 12 to 14 residents. They have different sizes of rooms, anywhere from a small room or a studio to a one bedroom. They have a nice living and dining room arrangements. It's a very nice facility. It's well-kept, clean, and the people appear to be well-trained. So far, I'm very happy with their care of my parents for the couple of months they've been there.

November 02, 2011

By Caring Relative

Emeritus, formerly Sunrise, is an exceptionally caring facility. Having worked in hospitals I know how stressful working around patients requiring 24-hour care can be to a caregiver. However, the employees at Emeritus are very calm, relaxed, and helpful to all the patients. My relative was in the unit for Alzheimer patients and therefore needed more care than some, but the employees at Emeritus always treated him as if they were related to him. I cannot say enough about how they treated him from the day he arrived to the day he passed.

Photos of Brookdale Willoughby

Features of Brookdale Willoughby

About Brookdale Willoughby

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Willoughby