Morningside of Williamsburg

440 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, VA, 23185

Reviews of Morningside of Williamsburg

Jane78482250 March 20, 2014

The people at Morningside were very nice. The room was just a room, and my mom's just not ready for a room. She's still pretty active. We just don't want her by herself, so I realized that assisted living was not going to be the way yet. She needs a little bit more space and not quite stuck in a room yet, but the facility was very nice. David was very, very nice and he followed up with me several times. I liked the fact that he started there as a chef, so he knows every aspect of it. Now, he's the sales guy, he really seemed to enjoy his job and he knew the residents that we passed by first name.

Rick9 June 19, 2013

Morningside of Williamsburg looked like a split image of their other property. The facility overall was clean. However, their staff were not as friendly and not very outgoing. They seemed standoffish. They should improve on their staff's attitude. Also I wasn't that impressed with their activities. When I visited the place, the only thing going in there was a Bible Study class, which I thought was kind of odd.

Eleanor2 June 13, 2013

Morningside of Williamsburg was very, very nice. I got a nice tour from a young man and he showed me the area. He was excellent. All in all, I have a very good experience there.

Mary35 March 01, 2013

Morningside of Williamsburg was very, very nice. I had no complaints at all. They provide lots of things that elderly people need. It's open, they have a beautiful courtyard in the center where people can go out or sit at their windows and doors and watch birds. They have plants and things that are conducive to attract the birds. The food they serve is wonderful. The rooms are clean and it didn't have a nursing home smell. It was very nice.

Daughter1956 February 23, 2013

My mother has been a resident at this facility for 18 months. She needs a good deal of help with chronic medical conditions and I have come to trust the LPN's who oversee her medication and her day-to-day symptoms. There are many in-house activities (movies, small gatherings, wine and cheese or ice cream parties) and also bus trips to concerts, restaurants, and the like, for anyone who wants to sign up. Sometimes the aides are slow to respond to the pull cord (for help) and the food is highly variable from very good to not good at all, but on the whole I definitely recommend this place.

MeOhMyWhyMe1 August 21, 2012

I was treated exceptionly well. Everyone was so nice to me and the therapy was excellent. I had therapy every day and had to wait until my ankle healed until I could start walking again with my walker and be able to take care of myself again before I could go home.

Visiting Visitor May 19, 2012

I had visited Morningside of Williamsburg to visit a friend that had moved into their facility. I had a little bit of a hard time finding their facility as it is hidden away in a corporate center. But when I finally arrived I was surprised by the facility because it resembled a hotel rather than a nursing home type of environment. The landscaping was nice enough and there was plenty of parking.When I entered the facility the hotel feeling continued on the inside, long halls and doors all along the way. The facility's staff was welcoming and helpful when I couldn't find my friend's room. Although friendly, it seems as though there weren't many staff around when I was there though. I don't know if I just didn't see them or if they just weren't there. I joined my friend for lunch at the facility in their dining area. I had ordered the roast beef they were serving, when I received it, it was little on the cold side and a little dry to boot but overall the meal wasn't half bad. I didn't come into it expecting steak in lobster but was pleasantly relieved when it wasn't out of the freezer TV dinners. I would say that it was worth the $7 I paid to have the guest meal there.After lunch we spent some time in their enclosed courtyard which was nice watching the birds and listening to the fountain. And to my delight as we sat out there they had group come out and do a traveling ice cream sundae bar on a cart! They offered us sundaes and proceeded not to charge us a cent! This was very surprising to me, when I think of a retirement facility I think of multiple people in a room in hospital gowns and IVs, not courtyards and ice cream sundaes!Overall my visit to this facility was a good one I would rate it as a four star on the grounds that I do not have much experience with retirement homes. With that being said my friend that lives there is pretty finicky and if she likes the facility then it must be good! If and when I am ready to retire I hope there is something like that facility available for me to move into.

From Morningside of Williamsburg

Morningside of Williamsburg offers compassionate senior care in Williamsburg, VA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Williamsburg shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Williamsburg, VA.

Close to Historic Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens theme park.

Features of Morningside of Williamsburg

• Diabetic
  • Low salt

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,800/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 1097231