Regent Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

10600 E 13th St N, Wichita, KS, 67206

Reviews of Regent Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

rustyon October 05, 2015

I visited this facility looking for a placement for my mom. I went two different times, one in having lunch there. The food was delicious and had very man choices. The dietary manager, who was new, came out and was visiting with the residents. The residence director came through and was visiting the residents. The facility's activities had several choices going on. the residents had a choice of what to do. I also toured their memory care unit. Baking was taking place and there was laughter with the residents. I chose this facility for my mom. I am so happy, and so is she. I recommend this facility to anyone needing peace of mind.

bopbottle September 28, 2015

I have been somewhat disappointed with this facility. My mother was in rehab following an illness and there appeared to be no organized activities other than Bingo. It is a beautiful facility, but lacks social interaction between residents. She loved the menu options for meals, but otherwise, she is left sitting in her room with the TV on. Such a shame.

Lynda17 March 20, 2015

Regent Park was the other one that we really liked. The people and the environment were very nice. However, one thing about them was that they didn't have furniture in the rooms, and my dad really didn't want to move his furniture out of his house because he was so determined he was going back to his house.

It was new, and it was a nice place. They had really nice activities. They had good food and a good chef who was willing to work with my dad's diet or meal problem.

Richard100507150 January 18, 2015

We liked Regency Park fairly well. It was a larger place, and it had more activities because it had a more active crowd. It was much closer, but it wasn't right for my mother-in-law. In the right situation, we might have chosen that one, but my mother-in-law's children liked the one she was in now.

heytoto October 29, 2013

My mom spent several weeks in rehab at Regent Park earlier this year. Overall, I felt she received very good care (and, if I had to do it over again, I would choose the same facility for her). Pros: Very professional, very personalized, great PT services, excellent meals, lovely facility. Cons: Some confusion on medications, some staff did not appreciate family interference. In spite of those cons, I would highly recommend this facility for your loved one. As with any facility, family members need to be present whenever possible and monitor the care being provided.

George43 October 09, 2013

The staff at Regent Park Assisted Living & Memory Care explained that they offered three levels of care for you. They seemed very nice. I had lunch with another guest. I could not say they were fantastic but they were good.

From Regent Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Welcome to Regent Park Assisted Living & Memory Care

Regent Park is excited to provide more choices for those seeking an assisted living and memory care residence. We are dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. Our professional and personalized services are designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

At Regent Park we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Regent Park is proud to be a full Continuing Care Retirement Community offering the level of care that you or your loved one needs. The full continuing care that is offered includes The Regent Independent Living, Regent Park Assisted Living and Memory Care and Regent Park Rehabilitation and Healthcare.

Philosophy of Service

Regent Park is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident's right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At Regent Park, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Weekly housekeeping & laundry
  • Routine maintenance
  • Three nutritious meals and snacks
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Reflections Memory Care

The Regent Park Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At Regent Park, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at Regent Park. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on the Regent Park Life Enrichment calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Regent Park Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Regent Park Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program called Regent Park Companions. Regent Park Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of Regent Park is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
Apartments:
  • 5 distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-Wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and Television connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Basic Cable hook-up
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant dining room
  • Main Street Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / covered porch
  • Common living room, game room, and library
  • Uptown Theater
For your "Peace of Mind":
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems

Reflections Alzheimer's and Memory Care

Dedication to Service

Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs.

More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families.

The Reflections Program

At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life.

Through the "Life History," we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication, and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.

Base Monthly Services
  • Laundry Services - personal and linen
  • 24 hour-a-day specially trained staff
  • Three daily meals plus snacks
  • Tailored activities - therapeutic and recreational
  • Full-time Reflections supervisor
  • Individualized service planning
  • Family and community support groups
  • Reflections Program - a personal life history program
Tailored Services
  • Medication Assistance
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence management, and other personal services

Location of Regent Park Assisted Living & Memory Care