Brookdale Tallgrass

8600 East 21st Street North, Wichita, KS, 67206

Reviews of Brookdale Tallgrass

George43 October 09, 2013

Sterling House of Tallgrass seemed like a nice facility and the price was within my range. I had lunch there and although it was not spectacular, it was still good. I liked that it was close to me and it was within walking distance to almost any store.

MJ2 September 23, 2013

Sterling House seemed to be nice. It was larger facility. The memory care unit, which was more confined was separated from the assisted living unit where people were free to come and go. They had good food. It wasn't much of a personal and homey atmosphere.

caring0417113 April 24, 2013

It was fine at Sterling House but it's out of my price range. I was accommodated by the staff; they were very helpful. The facility is well-maintained but it didn't feel homey.

jeremyslick February 17, 2012

When i first went in to the assistant living home called sterling house of tall grass i noticed how clean it was and not just the facility but also the nurses and other workers.Everyone was amazing help to my great aunt Regina and made her feel more at home then she could have felt in any other assistant living facility.She needs around the clock care and to be reminded of when she has to eat and take her medicine, which they did great at.She is still living at sterling house of Tallgrass and loves it out there and would not change where she lives for anyone. they have bingo nights for her and her friends , which she has made a lot of friends ever since she moved in there.every time i go see her she is happier then the last time that i saw her.They have a lot of activities for everyone there and an amazing staff as well as chefs . When i eat there with her i felt like i was in a five star restaurant. I would recommend this retire home for anyone that feels like they need a home life inside there assistant living conditions. They make sure you feel welcomed and that your care comes first. I think this is pretty much the best retirement center i have ever seen and i went through like twenty of them with my mother trying to find the perfect place for my great aunt.This is the prefect one!

wachinout4u December 05, 2011

This is a small assissted living facility in the northeast area of Wichita. It is a bit pricey, but if an intimate setting, good food and consistent staff are important, then it is worth the price. I would recommend this facility if a loved one has mild to mid dementia because it is does not have as much of institutional feeling as some. The staff knows everyone and can help to cue or supervise those with memory issues. They have nice opportunities for social activity such as movie and popcorn night, piano entertainment and sing alongs and small dining room setting. Security is good here, although sometimes it takes a while for staff to open the door for visitors. This is a standard facility. There have been some management changes so it is worth doing drop in visits.

From Brookdale Tallgrass

Brookdale Tallgrass provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Tallgrass