Brookdale Midwestern

918 Midwestern Parkway, Wichita Falls, TX, 76302

Reviews of Brookdale Midwestern

Caring83015050 April 22, 2014

I like Sterling House of Wichita Falls, and in fact, I recommended it to my friend above all the facilities I've looked at. I particularly liked it because the young woman who was in charge of it impressed me a lot. The people were very friendly, and then the thing I most liked about it was I felt like they had nursing staff with a greater degree of availability. We were able to look at an apartment there, and it seemed a little small, but it was fine.

Heather9 September 27, 2013

Grandma is at Sterling House about three months now. The place is nice. It's really clean and the staff is friendly. She seems to be enjoying herself there. The facility has an easy location.

henryhthomason August 29, 2012

A few years ago, my great-grandmother started suffering from dementia and couldn't remember who she was. She had been living on her own since she was a girl, and my family and I made the decision to get her the assistance that she needed. Through our extensive search, we came across the Brookdale Senior Living facility and were taken aback with how professional yet caring the home is. They specialize in helping dementia/Alzheimer patients, and were attentive with my great-grandmother's needs. She had been having trouble eating, and the Brookdale prepared her meals that were fresh, healthy, and most importantly easy to swallow and enjoy for my great-grandmother. They have a program called "Celebrations" which engages patients and encourages an active lifestyle. Patients can attend aerobics classes, ping pong tournaments, and a variety of other activities to keep them motivated. There are therapists on staff at all times, and doctors to make sure patients are well taken care of. One of the doctors even recommended that my great-grandmother start reading in order to bring back her memories from childhood. The facility offers a library and field trips to certain parks and areas for lunch and free time. My great-grandmother is slowly starting to recover and the Brookdale facility is holding her hand every step of the way.

commercesd February 07, 2012

The Sterling House of Wichita Falls assisted living facility was a stately looking community with a home-style atmosphere that can handle all levels of ambulation.

The backyard area featured many nice areas to enjoy with residents, friends and family - with lovely trees and well manicured lawns.

The interior design was nice, clean and easy to navigate. Each room had beautiful views with nice colors, fresh air and light.

The private rooms were nicely designed and decorated tastefully with lots of light and air. Each unit had pleasant views of surrounding areas. Bathrooms were safely designed and a nice size.

The main dining room had comfortable furniture with a nice decor. The residents receive healthy, home-style cooked meals in a restaurant setting. The food looked and smelled delicious, and was prepared healthily.

The menus had the usual fare, plus some interesting dishes. It was clear that the dietician and chef take the time to make appetizing meals. Snacks are offered throughout the day and when residents request them.

The fitness center includes yoga and aerobics exercise classes. The equipment was easy to access and residents are encouraged to exercise daily. They can also safely navigate the lovely garden courtyards and pathways. The calendar of events included many stimulating activities to enjoy all that the region has to offer.

The residents all looked content and cared for very well. It was apparent that they enjoy this living environment very much.

From Brookdale Midwestern

Brookdale Midwestern provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Midwestern

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 10
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 000861