Whittier Place Senior Living

12315 Burgess Ave, Whittier, CA, 90604

Reviews of Whittier Place Senior Living

Caring105759950 May 01, 2015

When I went to Whittier Place Senior living, it wasn't completely constructed. They just showed me partial of it. I saw a few rooms, and they were very small. They were like studio rooms and were more like a hotel. The bathroom had no tub; it was like a walk-in shower with a toilet. It had a small closet. The bedroom was big, but there was no living room. They also had 2 bedroom. It was very expensive, but it brand new. I would like to go back when it was completed. They had a laundry room and a beauty shop, but they were not yet active.

Caring91030550 October 31, 2014

My mom is in the memory care unit of Whittier Place. She moved in two months ago. She’s being taken care of. There are some of the bumps in the road but all in all, it’s been a good place. She is in a shared room because she’s in the memory care wing. They’ve been very helpful and supportive. It seemed that they have a fair amount of stuff going on. I think they really do a good job.

Annette13 June 27, 2014

I visited Whittier Place, and it was nice. It was decorated well, and it looked homey. The rooms were very nice. The activities were about the same as other places. However, it was more expensive.

9227 March 27, 2013

My husband stayed at Whittier Place two or three times for respite care. It was about four blocks from where he goes to adult day care. This facility is just lovely. The people there are very, very nice. They have a lot of activities. It you are looking for an assisted living this would be a great place to go. It was just a little out of my price range.

Caringsenior November 03, 2011

whittier place senior living is a nice facility.I would recommend it to anyone seeking to place loved ones in assissted living facility.

When I was there in a month, I noticed that the staff members are wonderful and receptive. They all welcomed me well and with cheerful face showed me all around the building and the rooms.

Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a five common areas a five residents' rooms a five,staff a five, and the quality of care a five.

Overall, I'd give whittier place senior living a rating of five stars because of the neatness. The facility is so clean that you hardly notice any dirt. All the caregivers wear uniform like you are in a hotel. The whole area smell so good and the residents are well taken care off. I so much like the dining area. Its so inviting. This is one of my best facilities.

mariz October 10, 2011

I like the way they run this place, it is amazing. All the staff from the caregivers to the administration helped their residents' families tremendously through their tough times. My visit here was a total experience!!

infinitywaltz July 28, 2011

We toured several facilities before placing my mother-in-law, and this is the one we chose; it's friendly, warm and has a home-y atmosphere while still providing excellent service and food (a few times we've shown up to visit around "snack time" and been treated to chocolate chip cookies just baked on-site). Another major plus is that the activities director integrates the assisted living and memory care patients as much as possible, so in no way do the memory care patients seem "institutionalized" as you see in some facilities. They also have a friendly housecat, Heather, who lives on-site.

About Whittier Place Senior Living

Whittier Place Senior Living is an assisted living facility in Whittier, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Whittier Place Senior Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Whittier Place Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,095/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 197606823