Oakmont of Whittier

13617 Whittier Blvd., Whittier, CA, 90605

Reviews of Oakmont of Whittier

February 27, 2016

By Kay & Bob Murdy

From the beginning of our move to the present the staff has been professional and supportive. We have made a home at Oakmont and the residents are part of our family.

October 19, 2015

By Gail40

My parents are already settled in Oakmont of Whittier. They are adjusting very nicely. From the very first day we visit it, every single person who we have contact with was excellent. They are accommodating and caring. They take a lot of time with us. They provide a moving coordinator who comes out and measure the furniture at my parents' house, and makes out of what they can take or what will fit that makes my parents very comfortable. They help us find a mover that is senior sensitive to have them move over there. They have three or four different floor plans, and they go from total independent to assisted living and to memory care. It’s really great. The facility itself is brand new, so my parents are the first people in their apartment. When you enter the facility, it feels like you are in a vacation. There is nothing convalescent about it at all. It is exactly like a vacation villa. There is a movie theater, a hair salon and an exercise room. All meals are included in the price, and all meals are done in the dining room with linen, nice china and excellent cook that will accommodate whatever you will like for your meals. The laundry and transportation is included. If your parents do not drive, they have a bus that will take them on community outing or they have two town cars that will take them on an individual outing if it is pre-scheduled for doctor's appointments. It is absolutely beautiful. This is the first one we visited. We are impressed by it. We feel we do not have to go anyplace else. I recommend it as I high as I can.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community! At Oakmont, we strive to offer the best in senior living and love to hear great reviews from family members. We will be sure to pass along your comments to the team. Warm Regards, Debbie Infield, Executive Director

August 21, 2015

A friend of mine moved into Oakmont of Whittier, and she invited us over. She showed us around, and it was a very nice place. The staff was excellent. They took excellent care of us. The place was new, and they had a lot to offer. The apartments were spacious. My friend had a one-bedroom and a bath. She had lots of furniture. It was a spacious room. She had a microwave, a kitchen sink, and a very tiny refrigerator. The dining room was great. It was like a five-star hotel. It had white tablecloths, cloth napkin, wine glass, water glass, and stem glasses. It was fabulous. They mentioned that they had trips. They had a theater there where the showed movies every day. They had a church. They had a masseuse. They had an exercise room with equipment in it. They had a library. They had lots of places to sit and enjoy the outside.

June 25, 2015

By Ale1

Oakmont of Whittier was gorgeous. It was like a beautiful resort. It was brand new, and they did have a memory care locked facility, but it was very expensive. It was very accommodating for seniors, and it seemed like they had a lot of activities. They had a beautiful garden. It was nicer than some of the hotels I have been to.

May 23, 2015

By Don46

Oakmont of Whittier was a new facility. I had a nice tour, but I did not get the full flavor of the community because it had not been fully furnished yet. The rooms were very nice and homey. The staff was very courteous. What I liked about this community was that they had activities and events that would be of benefit to the community.

Dear Don, We're so glad you had the chance to stop in and tour with us! We would love to have you back to see our beautiful, fully appointed community, as our furniture and art installation was completed at the end of March. And, so that you can truly experience the "full flavor" of Oakmont of Whittier, we would love to have you join us for a lunch tour so that you can taste the exceptional quality and selection of our extraordinary culinary team led by Chef Jason Hosoi. We hope to see you again soon!

May 06, 2015

By Rita31

Oakmont of Whittier is a very nice facility. It’s very light and airy. The staff that took me around seemed like she was very familiar with what seniors need in an assisted living type area. I would recommend this facility if they can afford it since it is expensive.

Photos of Oakmont of Whittier

• Staff Patient Ratio: California

• State Licenses: 198602028

About Oakmont of Whittier

Opening Spring 2015

Oakmont of Whittier is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views, industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, the arts, and world-class entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our day spa, private movie theater, resident gardens, and lovely grounds.

If you ever need additional care we offer assisted living and memory care services on the same campus. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better and better.

*Luxury Senior Living *Family Owned Company *9-10 foot ceilings in all apartments, including wood crown molding/baseboards, and arched doorways. *Purpose build walk-in showers *Decorative window treatments *Ample storage *Central heating and air *Cable and phone outlets - two per room

Map of Oakmont of Whittier