Whitehall Manor

1177 Sixth Street, Whitehall, PA, 18052

Reviews of Whitehall Manor

Anonymous109686350 July 29, 2015

The staff seemed very nice, pleasant, and helpful at Whitehall Manor. The room my mom is in now is bright. They have a couple of different dining areas.

Caring106555050 February 23, 2015

Two months ago, my mom moved to Whitehall Manor. We chose it because it was convenient for the family members. We are pleased with what is going on there. They do offer different activities like bingo and watching TV. She is in a dementia unit, so there is not much feedback on her end.

Caring103306050 December 22, 2014

Mom was at Whitehall Manor Assisted Living, and I wasn’t overly impressed with the facility. Some staff was attentive, and some were just so-so. I can say that their maintenance was good. I was able to eat there, and the food was good.

Caring72849850 August 30, 2014

My father is at Whitehall Manor and it’s wonderful. I couldn’t find anything better. It’s really nice there and so, I’ve nothing bad to say about it. I’m very pleased with it. They have everything there. They have a gym and they can go swimming. Whatever the residents want, they seem to be able to go get it for them, like the swimming, and they’ll help them into that. The staff is helpful and they’re very kind to my dad. He has a little trouble getting in and out of bed so they make sure they help him. They’ll do whatever they have to do to keep him happy so they’re very nice people out there. The place is just always clean and has a very homey atmosphere. It’s just great there. We've visited quite a few places and I wasn’t happy with them at all. This one I thought was perfect and this is only two blocks from my home.

Caring63807550 June 30, 2014

My aunt is staying in Whitehall Manor and I have been there a few times visiting her. The facility is very bright, inviting and cheery. It is a much bigger facility. The room that she got is very spacious. It has high ceilings. It also has door on the outside of her room that has access outside without going through the hallways. We were just there visiting her so I don't know much about the staff and their activities but I would recommend this facility to others.

johnsmithj March 31, 2014

I signed in my dad for a 3 week period hoping it will be the place for him to spend some quality time. unfortunately had to move him out after only 10 days. The night shift is really bad, he was getting help like 45 min after he asked for it. Not recommended for your loved ones!

Caring76962850 January 31, 2014

The one place that my uncle has agreed that he wants to go, when he goes, if he goes, his first preference is to die in his home but he likes Whitehall Manor because it's near his neighborhood and friends. It has assisted living through secure Alzheimer's care. They've been very responsive to any questions that I've had and very helpful. The rooms are adequate. I like that my uncle is willing to consider them. They have daily exercises with the entire group including Alzheimer's patients and outings are available for those who would like it and if people are able to walk over to the Whitehall mall which is right adjacent to their property, they can do that.

Caring98361 December 30, 2013

Jfoster39 August 28, 2012

While the staff seems extremely helpful, there simply seems to be a dearth of activities at the home. I found that the home was accepting people well beyond the point of "assisted" living, but rather filled its rooms with those in need of constant attention, making life more frustrating for some of the more able bodied patients. The hours of the dining hall provide very little room for variation in the daily schedule, and meals are simply served too early in my opinion. As far as the facilities, the building, particularly the main entrance, is well kept. It is well lit, with some variation in the type of materials used, which adds a nice touch, and the outdoor seating available is definitely a strong part of the home. But there should be generally more common areas for residents, rather than just one television that residents congregate and stare at for the duration of the day. Whitehall has its positives, but the mood in the facility is generally very depressing and seems to suck energy out of its residents.

Sharma123 April 19, 2012

The rooms are big,large,and comfortable with attached kitchen. They have 24/7 nursing care. Nurses and nurses aids are very efficient and caring. Inside Whitehall Manor they have a hair salon,the hair salon lady is there from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. they have many kinds of activities like bingo, checkers,and many more. The men can play pool and golf.They celebrate every holiday like Christmas,Thanksgiving,Easter,and New Years Day. All the residents are most welcome to invite their families to attend the holidays with them. They have a pond outside and all the residents can go out in their wheelchairs and walkers with the help of nurses aids. Most of the residents enjoy sitting outside and have live band performances done by high school students and a local magician. All the residents are offered three meals a day with ice cream party in the afternoons in summer and hot cocoa in winter.

praecipeme April 05, 2012

Nothing really wowed me about this place. My Great Grandmother was at this particular facility and even though they were nice and friendly, the level of care was not that noteworthy. She seemed to be in good spirits until she could no longer stay at this facility and needed to go to a nursing home. The place was astronomically expensive as well. Nana was Catholic. The entire family liked the fact that she could be visited by clergy of her own faith. The grounds of Whitehall manor were well maintained and the maintenance staff were friendly and accessible. The place is locked and does not allow for residents to be wandering around unsupervised. We did not care for the workers handling her direct care. They seemed like they had better things to worry about than providing the outstanding quality of care that one should be able to expect from such a facility. The food was ok but even though it is supposed to come at a specific time, we found Nana was waiting on her food several meal times per week. Like I said before, this was a rather mediocre experience in a transitional period in our great grandmother's life. It may be unfair to nit pick, so to speak about all the things this facility could have done differently, but wouldn't you if it was your relative in a place like this?

About Whitehall Manor

Whitehall Manor is an assisted living facility in Whitehall, PA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Whitehall Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Whitehall Manor