Overlook Green

5250 Meadowgreen Drive, Whitehall, PA, 15236

Reviews of Overlook Green

Maria36 December 12, 2014

Overlook Green Assisted Living is very good. Its exterior is like country club setting, and the interior is very clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly, accommodating, and informative.

AnneL June 02, 2014

My father lives here. I take my cues from him and he had immediately adapted to his new surroundings with a smile and a deep contentment. You find more women than men in these homes, but much to my surprise and joy there are quite a few men living here. A few are my dad's buddies. This is very nice to see! A plus @ this residence is the full staff of nurses working on every shift. The administrative and management staff know my father and other residents, they are conscientious and diligent in their care for your loved ones. I observe the staff working very hard and consistently to provide a "home" away from home for him. The atmosphere is homey and clean and pleasant. Spiritual needs are met for different religions and there is always activity, entertainment, solitude and good food. I would most assuredly encourage families to take a visit and consider this place for your own loved one.

Paul35 April 22, 2014

Overlook Green seemed very nice, and the people who work there was very nice. I think the rooms are OK. They're fine. They're kind of like a hotel room, but I guess that's to be expected. I like the location. It's close to South Hills.

Caring75039450 January 30, 2014

Everyone at Overlook Green is very friendly and warm. My mother-in-law is in there and the place is very nice. It's clean, bright, and cheerful. They almost have all of the things you want for your loved one to have. Her room is very nice and clean. For the most part, she doesn’t complain about the food. It's taking her a while to get used to the situation and I would say we are not there yet. They have bingo and I think they also do some Wii games. I also think they do some craft and they have ice cream nights. They really try to keep the residents very busy.

Caring75279050 January 18, 2014

Overlook Green was one of the facilities that were referred to us by an online senior care directory. I like the location because it's like five minutes from my house. Their price is one of the better prices among the facilities I visited. The staff was okay but I just thought the place was kind of cold looking. They're bland and their rooms were really small too. For activities, I only saw them playing bingo. I would recommend this facility to somebody else but not to my family.

Caring75359750 December 23, 2013

My brother is in Overlook Green. What I like best about this facility is the friendliness of the place and the fact that the patients are all out everyday in the living room or the dining room. Even in the middle of the night, if my brother is out walking, he would say that there are people down there watching TV. Their rooms are comfortable. With regards to staff, there is always a nurse going. Even near the dining room, she's down there at lunch time passing pills out. There are a lot of attentions to the patients there at Overlook Green. My brother is really happy with this facility.

Maureen7 September 25, 2013

I needed a place to stay and it just so happened that Overlook Green had a vacancy, that's why I ended moving there. I've been in this facility since September. It is mainly a senior community; however, it is really hard for me being here. The average age of most of the residents here would be 80. I'm only 62 and disabled, so there's really not much I can do except play bingo. There's really not a whole lot going on here. The building itself is old and needing a lot of work. They are able to maintain it as much as they can though. However, there's too many gravel roads and less paved walkways, so it is really difficult to go around this facility. With regards to the staff, I think they care a lot for their residents. They really want to help the people, but I think they need some better training regarding some disease processes.

Aileen30 August 22, 2013

I wasn't really impressed with Overlook Green. It just seemed like the people were very down and it was mostly all women so it wouldn't be a good place for my father. They all had to go breakfast and lunch at the same time; it was like prison. The location is close to where we live and it's right in the middle of a residential area. It's pretty but it didn't provide many services there, anything you wanted besides room and board was extra. Those people need to have more activities or something. It just didn't seem like an upbeat or happy place.

My name is Michelle O'Donnell, and I am the Executive Director here at Overlook Green Senior Living. Because we do take these reviews very seriously, I would like to invite you back to show you more of what we have to offer. Whether you are a resident or a visitor, Overlook Green strives to make your experience the most that it can be, be that through our full day of activities or our new All-Day Dining Program. Please stop by and give us another chance to make a new impression.

Michelle O'Donnell

caring0701113 July 25, 2013

I think Overlook Green is an excellent place. As far as the quality of the product that they provide, we have nothing but good things to say about what we saw there. I'm pretty much satisfied with the place. The overall cleanliness was good. The attentiveness of the staff to the patients, on my short visit, appeared to be excellent.

jonathan43571 October 24, 2012

I thought this was a lovely facility, although a bit small compared to others we visited. However, if you're looking for something smaller and more cozy and family oriented, this is the place. The smaller environment makes for a friendly, family feel amongst the staff and residents. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and seemed to be very attentive to all of the needs of the residents. There was an abundance of activities scheduled for the residents, and they all seemed happy and to be enjoying themselves. The building and rooms were decorated nicely, although a bit old and dusty feeling. The rooms were small but cozy and nice. The food was good, not great. The staff at this location is what sets it above and beyond. They were very friendly.

clarinat October 17, 2012

The staff was very friendly and took very care of the patients there. There were many activities for my grandmother to participate in, such as bingo and ice cream Sundays. She enjoyed every one of them. She made many friends there. We visited once a week and my grandmother was always clean and wearing clean clothes and her hair was always done. She would sometimes cut our visit short so that she could go enjoy an activity or go to dinner which she also looked forward to. She sometimes suffered from paranoia and tried to leave the building thinking she needed to go to the bank. The facility responded by putting a bracelet on her that would set off an alarm when she tried to run away. We were allowed to check her out when we wanted to. We were very happy with her care there.

From Overlook Green

Overlook Green offers compassionate senior care in Whitehall, PA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Overlook Green shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Whitehall, PA.

Services Offered
  • Nursing care available 24-hours a day
  • Assistance with personal care
  • Medication management
  • Physician services available
  • Regular individualized needs assessment
  • Social, recreational, educational and spiritual activities
  • Complete dining program with snacks
  • Emergency response system
  • Maintenance of buildings and grounds
  • Clinical services
  • Licensed PT/OT/SLP through home health partnerships
  • 3 meals daily
  • Hospice care
  • Daily housekeeping, laundry and linen services
  • Daily housekeeping services
  • Scheduled local transportation available

We are located in a residential area on 8 beautiful acres. We have a licensed nurse in the community at all times.

Features of Overlook Green

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Pennsylvania

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Overlook Green