Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

831 East Butterfield Road, Wheaton, IL, 60187

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

Mark38 July 23, 2014

For some reason, I just didn't feel that comfortable at Brighton Gardens. It just seemed less personal than the other facility that we went to. The rooms were a pretty good size; they were nice. However, the whole atmosphere wasn't what I was looking for. It was more along the lines where everybody had to go and eat in that same place. They had everything centralized in one great big dining room downstairs versus having ones upstairs. Overall, there wasn't anything bad about it, it is just I didn't like it that much, that's all.

Tina25 July 23, 2014

We had a brief visit at Brighton Gardens of Wheaton. We felt that there wasn't a lot of information shared with us. When you ask some questions, they just answer them and they don't expand on it at all. The size of the room was fine. We were not able to eat there, but their food selection seemed good. The dining room was really nice. They did inform us in general about their activities, but we weren't there long enough to really notice a lot of detail.

Caring87514250 June 19, 2014

I like the staff at Brighton Gardens of Wheaton. They are very involved and caring. It is very clear that they love the residents there and they look out for them. I was able to eat there, and the food was good. They have a good selection, it's fresh, cooked well, and it doesn’t feel institutional at all. We've been very happy with them. The room is very nice, and the bathroom is very nicely laid out. It's very easy for my mom to get around, and she just finds it perfectly comfortable for herself. Actually, everything about it, physically, is very nice.

Caring76801650 January 31, 2014

Brighton Gardens looks really nice. At that time, they had an availability and we got a large suite. I like it because it's bright and clean. The dining area is very spacious. The staff has been very helpful.

Brighton Gardens Wheaton Fails January 04, 2014

Our father was a resident of the dementia unit of Brighton Gardens, Wheaton. In front of a staff member, he displayed a non-violent behavior, common among dementia patients & was immediately sent to the psych ward of a local hospital. A Brighton Gardens executive waited 7 days, against the medical advise of the hospital's psychiatrist & nursing staff, to let us know that our father would no longer be welcome there. They marketed "dementia care", but didn't want to do the work, even if the behavior is non-violent. I would NOT recommend Brighton Gardens to anyone with memory care issues.

We're very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our community. We take these comments seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. –The Sunrise Team

Lee9 December 30, 2013

Brighton Gardens of Wheaton is a new facility and mom is there. Her room is adequate and fits within our budget. The facility is very clean and well maintained. There are several programs for elderly to keep them mentally and physically active. The staff is very accommodating. They have several activities that is in time for the holidays like for example bringing in children at Halloween and having the residents give them candy which they are all delighted about. They have musical activities going on and also arts and crafts. Mom is always busy. Her physical condition is also always being monitored. Their dining room and food are both excellent.

cjc12 July 12, 2012

I thought this was a great facility. The staff was friendly and courteous and all the residents seemed to very happy. Upon arriving, I was immediately greeted at the front desk and asked what I could be helped with. The worker helped me the find the resident I was looking for without any complaining. I thought the residents' rooms were all very nice and seemed like their personal apartments. The group dining area was very pleasant and the menu had various options and changed often. There were papers and magazines everyday for the residents to read and there was also a library offered to the residents. Also, there were activities available daily to the residents such as bingo, or nail painting, and there even a mini salon! It was a great experience to visit and my friend's grandmother seemed happy to be able to try and live on her own as best she could somewhere where immediate help was available.

Social Wk Care Mngr December 19, 2011

Under the same ownership as the Sunrise chain of facilities, Brighton Gardens provides reliable quality assisted living care. This particular building is set off the main road near the Danada shopping center, and has been there for a number of years. It is a fairly sizable facility that provides a couple small outdoor areas for resident use, which can become crowded on nice weather days. There is no easy way to go for a walk from the building's location. The interior of the building is always maintained in neat, clean, and well maintained condition and boasts the same warm, home-like décor that Sunrise facilities have become known for. There are numerous large common areas on the ground level for resident use, with few available common areas on the residential floors. The apartments come in several different sizes with different price points, which are within industry standards. Over time many long-term residents have developed the need for more assistance and many have come-and-go or around the clock private duty companions; many apartments are spacious enough to readily accommodate this. Most apartments are bright, depending on where in the building they are situated. The food is above average with most meals looking, smelling and tasting quite good. Both the management and direct care staff are typically plentiful enough in number to meet resident needs, though it does get busy at times so waiting is not unusual. Care provided is kind, compassionate, and appropriate; staff are often willing to "go the extra mile" if they are requested to.

From Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

Just off Butterfield Road and close to Interstate 88, Brighton Gardens of Wheaton is set in a prominent area of Wheaton known as Danada Square. We pride ourselves in placing special emphasis on quality service in a home-like atmosphere. We provide nursing staff 24 hours per day, and we continue our great reputation for our dedicated staff with serving hearts.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable.

Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Features of Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours