Cordia Senior Residence

865 N. Cass Ave, Westmont, IL, 60559

Reviews of Cordia Senior Residence

Caring112895050 September 13, 2015

We visited Cordia, which is the one we chose. The staff was fabulous. I think she was admissions coordinator, but she went way above to help my friends get in there. The rooms were great. They really needed only a one-bedroom, but got into a two-bedroom of a very spacious size, and the dining area seems lovely. My friends who have moved there just think it is wonderful. They have bus transportations if they want to go to church every Sunday, so it has worked out very well for them. I like the friendly staff. They have independent living and assisted living, and I think they could actually add their own nursing care.

Caring103398250 December 26, 2014

They offer a la carte service. There's a lot of staff that are very qualified. They have a real nice technology system where the residents wear medallions around their neck. Anytime they need assistance in the building or within their individual apartments units, they can push it, and someone will come. There's different buttons within the living area and the different rooms on the walls. The rooms are well-maintained, and there's a variety of different heights and sizes. They do cards, movies, crafts, they have a bus that takes you out in the community and to and from doctors' appointments. They always have entertainment every night, and then depending upon the season, they sometimes have more elaborate things. It's very well-maintained, it's clean, and the food is excellent. They keep the residents busy. I find it a very safe environment.

Caring87245750 June 26, 2014

My mom is in an ALF and has been there for a number of years. She is happy at Cordia Senior Residence. It is very clean. It is a cut above most places that I looked at. I highly recommend Cordia Senior Residence. Mom is comfortable there. The staff is very helpful and pretty consistent. I like the layout of the facility and how the meals are served in a restaurant style. They ask their clients what they would like to have from a menu. I like that it is not so institutionalized. Activities are things like exercise classes, bingo, and game sessions in the afternoon. They also have groups of ladies that play cards there. I know that they have a lot of other activities that my mom doesn't participate in just because she chooses not to.

Caring09171 September 18, 2013

My mom stayed at Cordia Senior Residence. It seemed like a wonderful place but our concern was on the financial side. She would not be able to afford it if she would stay there for a long time. The staff were very good. The room was much bigger than what she needed. They had a very nice dining room. She did not participate in any activities but there was a game room and music room. The residents looked happy there. I would recommend this place to other people.

caring3560 April 26, 2013

My mother liked Cordia. The staff was fine, the rooms were large and looked nice. They had a complete kitchen, a bunch of activities, and she liked the fact that there were a bunch of people there and they can be pretty active.

commercesd May 18, 2012

The Cordia Senior Residence assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside, adorned with nice greenery. We especially liked the park-like atmosphere around the grounds.

Our aunt has lived in the region for quite a while and would like to stay in touch with friends and family. She loves to tend the garden and we could see that she would be impressed as well.

The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a quaint country home. The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and other resident interactions. The facility included very large windows, so there was plenty of cheery light throughout. It was clear that the residents were enjoying themselves.

Events and outings scheduled include many excursions in and around the city, from restaurants, to art museums, the library, to local films and crafts, fine dining and theater.

The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that our aunt would be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. The kitchens all had ample counter space and appliances.

They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend.

The dining areas had many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. In addition, there are private dining spaces for residents to host private parties.

From Cordia Senior Residence

Cordia Senior Residence provides the highest quality Independent and Assisted Living services for seniors. We offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere in an intimate rental community. Our rich program and social calendar make every day unique while fostering new friendships.

The staff is committed to taking care of the chores of life, but more than that we are dedicated to doing those things that make a difference in the lives of our residents, one resident at a time. Our comprehensive Wellness Program provides assistance to those who need help with a range of day to day activities such as bathing, dressing and medication management. Each resident receives personal services according to a plan tailored to meet his or her individual needs. At Cordia Senior Residence we are committed to helping each resident maximize his or her health and independence.

Besides offering the choice of assisted living or independent living services, Cordia Senior Residence is a state-of-the-art community, offering spacious apartments, gracious living and service amenities like dining and housekeeping in a beautiful, well-appointed building. Many units have spectacular views of our beautiful courtyard and the adjacent manicured golf course. From our unique programming to our individual relationships with each of our residents, your satisfaction is the most important factor in every decision we make.

Features of Cordia Senior Residence

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Staff patient ratio: 55

• Licenses: Illionois
  • State License(s): 5100406

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Cordia Senior Residence