Brookdale Westminster

45 Washington Road, Westminster, MD, 21157

Reviews of Brookdale Westminster

Charles103276450 December 22, 2014

We are very happy with Emeritus at Westminster. In fact my father-in-law is very happy being there, which is something I didn't think that I would ever see. It is very clean, the people are very professional, they have done what they can to help us out, and the rooms are very nice. They try to engage the patients, but he is in memory care so they are locked down. Every day there are a couple things planned whether it is yoga or crest, music, singing -- they do something everyday. They have a chef there, and the food is really far above what I had expected. We have been totally satisfied with it. When you have something like the first place that he lived at and you actually have something to compare it to, this is a breath of fresh air and what a difference it made in his attitude, in his health, and in a lot of other things. It is built around an old mansion, and it is very tastefully done. They incorporated the mansion in where the dining rooms and the offices are. It is a really nice place. Everything is very sanitary as far as I can see. There are a lot of nursing homes out there, and I have been to one probably before, but this isn't anything like that.

Caring95465250 October 16, 2014

We toured Emeritus at Westminster and I thought it was fine. We talked to this girl named Emily who took us around. She was nice, she answered all our questions, and everything was fine. There were a bunch of people out there doing group exercises when we walked in. She showed us the dining area where everybody eats. I thought the rooms were a little small, but I guess when you were older, you don't need a whole lot of space. It was like nice big old house with hard wood floors and has a homey feel.

Caring89940450 July 31, 2014

Emeritus was OK but I don't think they gave my father enough. He needed a little bit more attention and care as far as the medicine. They only have one nurse for the whole place. They felt that he needed to have nursing home. Very clean environment. It's not real big; it's like a big farmhouse and it was remodeled. The facility was well kept up and pleasant. The people were nice. The food was great; they have a chef that works there. It's for people that can pretty much manage on their own with a little bit of help.

It was a 1-bedroom apartment, private room, restroom, a little kitchen and cabinets. They do have rooms where they have activities. They also have the buses that they could go out to the store or take them out to lunch. They have music downstairs. They have a piano and they have people come in and sing and play for a short period of time. They seemed to try to do their best as far as activities are concerned.

Caring77550650 February 28, 2014

Emeritus Westminster was very clean. It's an old mansion. It's just lovely. My mother was just there for respite care, and she liked it. They were very caring. The rooms were very spacious, very clean, and very accommodating. Although my mother didn't participate, I happened to be there when they were doing different things with their patients and the patients seemed to be really enjoying it. It seemed like they really had a wonderful time. The only thing I would probably complain about was the food wasn't very appetizing. But the dining area was lovely.

Caring471 September 30, 2013

Emeritus was very, very nice and clean. The rooms were very clean and spacious. They had very friendly staff. They had a lot of activities going on. I was not able to try the food, but it looked good and the dining room was very roomy and nice, too. However, it didn't have any opening yet. I would recommend them to others.

Roy12 September 25, 2013

My dad has been in Emeritus at Westminster for a little over a year now. I'm actually not pleased with this place. It seems more profit-oriented than actual assisted living to me. Frankly, I'm disappointed with the kind of care that they actually provide there. Their rooms smell like urine. Their food is pretty just average, nothing great actually.

Joan13 December 29, 2012

Emeritus is nice. It's near where my daughter lives. I'm happy with my choice and my husband seems happy, too. He's got a nice room there and they have a nice dining room. He's only been there for three months.

tempertemper93 April 25, 2012

I felt that this place truly cared about the elderly there. They were always welcoming to when I came and visited. The staff was always well mannered and very caring. Most nursing homes I have visited usually had a foul smell but this home did have a small odor but over all it wasn't that bad. My grandmother seemed to be well kept, happy, well nourished and in a good mood. She never had anything bad to say about the staff there it was always good things. They try to get the residents exercise as much as the can handle and they never push them if the cant do it. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone that needs a assisted living home.

IghtGuy June 22, 2011

When my friend and i went to visit with her grandmother, i instantly felt welcome. The customer service was very prompt and helped us easily meet with her grandmother. the smell of the general area did seem a bit more potent of food than would have been comfortable, but it didn't ruin the trip. her grandmother seemed happy and seemed as if she was well kept and nourished. overall the trip as a whole was better than expected, and as petty as it sounds the only downfall was the smell, and that wasn't even a problem! i would recommend this for my relatives, and anyone else who is considering assisted living.

From Brookdale Westminster

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Westminster