Sunrise of Westminster

10280 North Sheridan Boulevard, Westminster, CO, 80020

Reviews of Sunrise of Westminster

BeverlyHZQVK May 22, 2016

Sunrise of Westminster was good. They were very friendly, it’s very clean, and residents seemed very happy. My mom’s apartment is very nice, clean, and well maintained, and definitely what we’re looking for. The food is very good.

Anonymous115831250 November 07, 2015

Sunrise of Westminster was very pleasant and seems very nice. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are very nice, spacious, and have nice bathrooms.

Jennifer114604150 October 28, 2015

Sunrise of Westminster was very nice, very clean, and very beautiful, but too expensive. The rooms were nice. The dining room was set up like a restaurant, and it was very nice. They were having a community carwash while we were there. They do a lot of stuff to keep them busy. If the cost was lower, they would've gotten a 5. The staff was very informative and very friendly.

Caring111030550 July 29, 2015

The people that I dealt with in the sales office were very helpful. The rooms were pretty small, and I wasn't totally sold on the accommodations there. They had an activity going on during my visit. The residents were listening to someone talking about birds. The people weren't active, and I didn't necessarily get a good feeling about it. What impressed me about Sunrise of Westminster was the people at the management level. They seemed to be very knowledgeable and had a lot of experience in senior care.

Kate22 June 16, 2015

I loved Sunrise of Westminster. It was above what I ever expected. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. They interacted with the residents, and it felt like home. They had a big kitchen area where people can come and use anytime. They also had a separate dining room where you could have dinner with your family. They had like a fruit and beverage bar out all the time. The dining room was very open. There were residents sitting there and playing cards. It was nice. They had different activities listed like bingo.

Need to change June 12, 2015

My mother is currently a resident at Sunrise, Westminster. It is a nice facility and the caregivers are outstanding. The one complaint I have is that mom's bill has "crept up" from $3,900/mo to $6,500/mo due to all of their "add on" charges, e.g., medication services (which they push you into), and the level of assistance needed. And once you're in the higher bracket for these services; they won't lower them even when the level of care or the number of meds goes down. We didn't plan on spending over $6,500/mo so we're looking at other facilities in the area.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Caring93063050 August 28, 2014

We had already chosen and had my mom listed at Sunrise. We chose it because when we visited it, the staff was very friendly and the residents all seemed to be very happy. The facility seemed to be well kept and we liked the design of the building. It wasn't just long halls with rooms on each side, it was more like a home setting. The rooms and the dining rooms were very nice. They had a variety of activities. They had music, bingo, and they had trips like shopping.

Jo15 August 26, 2014

We’ve been at Sunrise of Westminster for a month. This facility has just assisted living and memory care. The facility is well taken cared of and decorated well. It’s very clean. It was very comfortable when you walk in. It has little extras like water with fruit on the front porch. The staff is experienced and very welcoming. The nice thing about it is they personalize the care specifically for your loved one depending on what they need and how much they need, because everybody is different.

Caring61456550 July 27, 2014

Sunrise was all right, but we just couldn’t afford it. We saw the one-bedroom apartment and it was small. They can bring their own furniture there, and it feels like a home. The staff was very nice and helpful. The residents were active and they have activities.

Caring85504050 May 30, 2014

I visited Sunrise of Westminster, and this place is very nice, although I don’t know very much about it, but I have some parishioners who are still living there and they seem to be doing very well. The facility is very nice, clean, and modern. It seems like it’s a good community. The residents seem happy. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. They wanted to answer all my questions, and they were very eager to help my friend and to find out what level of care he needed.

Christine34 May 20, 2014

We were going to sign up at Sunrise. I thought they were the best of everything. I loved the girl who ran it. She gave me all the information and everything. She was great. The facility and the rooms were nice, and I thought my mother would have been happy. However, I don't think they were social enough for my mom. I don't think they had enough activities. I didn't see the residents communicating or playing cards or anything like that. Everybody stayed in their rooms most of the time. I don’t see where they encouraged the residents to do things together. If you had a friend, you could go out and play games, but I don't see much going on where they initiated that. That made me uncomfortable, so we kept looking.

Roger11 August 14, 2013

I needed respite care for my grand mother in May of this year, I took her to Sunrise Senior Living Center and they were great, they made her feel at home for the 7 days she was there. They were all very friendly and accomodating. If you are needing respite care or a place for your loved one, Sunrise Senior Living would be a great place!!!

Charles6 September 18, 2012

My first impressions were of a well maintained, clean and friendly environment. The staff seemed knowledgeable about caring for Parkinson's patients and also never forget my name or my grandmothers. I visited her several times over the week and had an opportunity to also eat dinner at the facility (pretty good food). The place is setup like a group home/bed and breakfast instead of a traditional medical like building. The nurses and caregivers all wear normal clothing and scrubs so it feels more like a B&B. The place also didn't smell. I've been to a few nursing homes/assisted living places after my grandmother broke her hip about two years ago. Most have a really cold and sterile environment with a rather unpleasant atmosphere and smell. That's what I enjoyed the most about Sunrise. The atmosphere felt like a home.The last thing I'll mention is that the particular building she stayed at has two resident cats. If you have allergies or your parent/grandparent has allergies, then you should probably be aware of that. The cats are very loving and incredibly well fed.

From Sunrise of Westminster

Step into the senior living community of Sunrise of University Park in Westminster, Colorado, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

Just east of Highway 36 and minutes from Boulder to the north, and Metro Denver to the south, Sunrise of Westminster overlooks the majestic Rocky Mountains to the west, affording spectacular views of the sunset. Our one-story cottage-style assisted living community enables all our residents, especially those using walkers and wheelchairs, a spacious and open environment for easy access in both our apartments and common areas. Our living room features a large stone fireplace that can be enjoyed from our living room and our activities area/dining room -- giving the area a very warm and cozy atmosphere to be enjoyed by residents, family members and guests.

In addition to offering senior housing in Colorado, Sunrise of University Park also boasts Alzheimer's care, assisted living, respite care, and short-term care.

Features of Sunrise of Westminster

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: variable staffing
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: AL
  • State License(s): 23R753

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Westminster