Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community

7571 Westminster Boulevard, Westminster, CA, 92683

Reviews of Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community

Donna112222950 September 04, 2015

Everyone at Westminster Terrace seems happy; the residents were happy, and the caregivers were happy. It was just was a very positive experience. They just seemed to look warm. Everyone walked up to my mom the first time we went in there and introduced themselves, which I was very impressed with. Just on our first visit, you could tell that these people we’re going to be welcoming. It was a different feel.

They have 1 bedroom apartments and mostly studios. My mom has a studio about 440 sq. ft, and the bathroom is really big. They have a nice size shower, and it also has a cord in case my mom should need help while she is in the shower; it’s like a lifeline. Every morning they have exercise class, and they have bus outings or going to the stores or sometimes go movies and to the ocean. My mom is happy there.

Linda111965450 August 14, 2015

My aunt is in Westminster Terrace, and it’s a wonderful place. She likes it. It’s an excellent place. The staff members are wonderful. It’s not a big company owned assisted living, so it’s a lot more personal, with a nice, clean atmosphere. The people that lived there, they took care of them first, very courteous and caring. They have activities for the residents. The neighborhood is nice, and it’s on the main street. They have a garden area where they can walk around and have some exercise, like a park atmosphere.

Caring105106550 May 03, 2015

Westminster Terrace was actually the middle line between two other facilities. I liked the staff, and the facility itself was open and bright. My father's mental health is deteriorating, so what worked before, I don't think is going to work much longer. But for what they do, they do it well. They could be very clear about asking what services are provided and how they would be given as far as schedule and how it must be carried out and what not.

Carol82176050 April 29, 2014

Westminster was very nice, and it was clean. I liked the way the rooms were set up; they were a pretty decent size, and they have a washer and dryer on every floor. The staff seemed friendly, knew everyone’s name, and the people walking around seemed happy. The food was OK. They have morning exercise, and they have things where they take the residents out on excursions or little trips. They also have movies.

Diane & Barry March 15, 2014

My husband's mother was a resident here. We wanted to move her closer to us, and we came across Westminster Terrace almost by accident. It's a lovely facility, all the way around. And the people are very concerned, happy and attentive. Her room was very roomy, with a nice large window with a great view. They have very nice accommodations in all aspects of their extended services, including a lovely private dining room / living room for private parties.

The entire staff was wonderful, and very accommodating to individual needs.

The food was excellent, and you will enjoy their parties!

All of the people there care very much about the work they do. You could not find a better place for your loved one.

Claudia8 February 26, 2014

My father-in-law has been at Westminster Terrace since December 1st. He’s been there for two months. It was recommended to us. His sisters are all live in Los Alamitos which is about 5 miles from there and we live in Buena Park which is about 6 miles so I tried to keep him between where we were.

Most of the staff has been just amazing because he’s not an easy person. There are a couple of things we’re still dealing with. He’s elderly and sometimes the director gets kind of short with him but other than that, it’s hard. He’s an artist so he’s a very stubborn man. He’s not an easy person to get along with. They’ve done very well with him. It’s not them. Pretty much, it’s him.

They played poker and he loves that; they have game day. The activities director is a jewel. She probably makes the place and she is just out of this world. She’s just so good with elderly people and she is so much with them. She does fun things and listens to their requests and what they want to do. They take them on field trips and they take them out to lunch and she’s absolutely awesome. They have a huge 6ft x 8 ft board that tells you what the activities are. They have the whole month up and then they have a daily one in each of the elevators and as you walk in so you know exactly what’s going on in large print and what’s going on every day.

The room is an apartment type. He actually has a 1-bedroom, a bath, a little kitchenette area and a living room. The living room is not much smaller than my living room. It’s a pretty good size. The bedroom is probably 12 x 11. It’s a very nice facility, it’s very clean. They just remodeled it. The places are beautiful. It has a nice patio area and a really beautiful dining room and the food is exceptional.

In Westminster Terrace, you walk into one door. You had to go through the lobby to get in and everything was pretty much closed off to the street which I liked. The area outside is very pretty. They have senior apartments behind them that are a separate thing but they back up the area between the two. It has Tivoli lights at night, real pretty lights and there are some tables out there and they can go out there and visit and play cards or walk.

Colette2 January 31, 2014

Westminster Terrace was wonderful. I was very impressed with it. I love the staff. Everybody was friendly and helpful. I thought the place was clean. I almost want to relate it to a bed-and-breakfast. For activities, they have outings, they would do little chair exercises and I think that would be really good for my mother. They would watch movies and play games. They would have a little snack like a social hour in the afternoon. Things like that would be really good for my mother. Overall, it seemed to be a really good fit for when the time comes for my mom. Also it is close to my home.

Caring73597150 December 13, 2013

I like Westminster Terrace. I was able to visit the place and that's my bet. I like the whole facility and I think that would be a good place for my mom. If we need to go to an assisted living facility this probably where we will go.

Caring72894450 October 18, 2013

Westminster Terrace was clean and well ran. The residents seemed to be happy. The food was passable. The courtyard was nice. They had all the basic that my mother needed and memory care.

joycr August 27, 2013

Nice place but the staff really rude to us specially the marketing lady..

Thank you for providing feedback. We apologize that you felt you were not treated well. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service and to treat each person kindly and with respect. We have shared your feedback with our management team and provided additional training on the welcome process and expectations for excellent customer service. Thanks again.

Andi3 July 29, 2013

The interior of Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community was nice and grand, but my friend was looking at the exterior and she didn't like the neighborhood. It was located in a residential area and there were other senior apartments on the side. In front of their building was a four-lane street that was mostly commercial and right across the street was a car dealership. It's not close to any kind of shop or anything like that. However, their accommodations were very nice. They had a main entry and a lounge on each of the floors and they had a sitting room which was almost like a theater and all of those were very flushed, very nice and very pretty and they were convenient to the rooms. Also, they had laundry facilities on each floor that were not hard to get to. The did had an area at the back of the building, a triangular park which were only for the residents. The whole place was really nice and the people were friendly.

Diane22 May 18, 2013

I liked the Westminster Terrace best because of the walk-in showers. A lot of the other facilities had tiny bathrooms and I wouldn't give that much money to go in a tiny shower.

WT Family Member since 2009 September 22, 2012

Where do I start....my father has been a resident of Westminster Terrace Assisted Living since 2009 and each year spent there has been wonderful and memorable. The management team and staff members are like our family. They genuinely care about their residents. The facility is clean, spacious, simply yet beautiful decorated and each space in the building feels heartfelt and warm. My husband and I searched over 15 places before finding this perfect place for my father. His first experience with an Assisted Living Community has been yet, has reached our high expectations. Each staff members take their time to listen to any new ideas or concerns with heartfelt considerations and they are always willing to accommodate to each parties involved. We would highly recommend this place to any families who are looking for that perfect "home away from home" for their elderly love one. Your love ones will be well cared for and you will be very satisfied.

Scott4 September 19, 2012

Whenever I visited my grandfather at the "Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community" I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful and always friendly towards both visitors and residents as far as I could tell. The grounds are a real treat for the senses with fountains, shaded walkways and beautiful landscaping. There are plenty of places for residents and guests to socialize, rest and relax. The staff is really good at creating a family atmosphere at all times, treating everyone like family members. They certainly do not compromise on cleaning and other important things and if any resident has a problem at any time, the staff is available to help and solve that problem. The residents generally seem to be quite content and are engaged by the staff. Many residents are busy with activities both on the grounds and off. Actually one of the highlights of living here are the many field trips offered by the community. There are plenty of fun things to do here !

nohlranch September 13, 2012

This is a nice facility. My wife and I visited it while we were visiting some church friends that invited us over for dinner. The rooms are all studios or one bedrooms. The couple we visited had a one bedroom place because they wanted the living room so that they could host guests. The rooms are all spacious and come furnished with many items, including couches, TV set, bed, and bookcases. There are also many on-site services, including cleaning ladies and people to help with medication administration and dressing. There is a kitchenette in the unit, too, but there is also a cafeteria where meals are served three times a day. Meals can be custom ordered, as many of the residents have diet restrictions; the couple we visited had high cholesterol, so they needed to be careful with the amount of fatty foods they could eat. There are also many places outside the unit to visit. There is a garden and some walking paths that are nice to visit after dinner. We were able to catch a sunset and have some good conversation over some drinks. If we wanted to, we could have taken the free transportation service that would have taken us to some of the local attractions - parks, church, supermarket, fair, etc. There are also planned activities, including exercise classes, board game nights, etc., that residents can opt into for free. Overall, it is a comfortable facility and a nice community.

Don45 May 31, 2012

When we first arrived to the facility we made sure to check the grounds first. The rooms were adequate size, the dining areas were open with space and the activities room were packed with things to do. The staff at the facility was one of the main factors in choosing this location. Management seemed to care enough about our grandmother and wanted to her treat her like a person instead of a patient. Everyone seemed very friendly there as well and I always recommend it to others in need of an assisted-living facility.

K BALAJI April 05, 2012

One of my relatives is residing in this facility. I've visited recently to this facility in week end and spent few hours there. The way they receive people who visits facility is very good. They'll be with us until we find our relatives who're staying there and guide us to the person. If we have ask any questions about the facility or any other related info, they'll be very happy to help us and give additional information which will help us in referring the facility to others. They'll take care of people who are residing very well and serve in a better way. They'll create a family atmosphere all the times and keep every one as a family members. At the same they'll not compromise on cleaning and other important things. If any one of the people has any problem at any time, they'll be available to help and solve that problem. They're keeping all the items which are necessary in rainy season, summer and winter seasons. I'd definitely refer this facility to our friends parents and grand parents.

From Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community

Quality, compassionate assisted living and respite care services for seniors in Orange County, Westminster, CA. Nestled back away from the hustle and bustle of the City of Westminster, our beautiful community invites seniors in to enjoy our services and our amenities. Our grounds are complemented by shady walkways, the sound of trickling water in our courtyard fountain, and the accents of flora in the landscape. From benches and patio chairs, residents rest, relax, and socialize.

Features of Westminster Terrace Assisted Living Community

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7