American House Westland Hunter Senior Living

35700 Hunter Ave, Westland, MI, 48185

Reviews of American House Westland Hunter Senior Living

Kathleen42 September 30, 2014

My mother was looking at a place close to the area, and we found American House. I saw there were interactions with some of the staff, like they were listening music and stuff. I noticed there were residents working on crossword puzzles, and some were playing cards in the lobby.

Our residents have a ton of daily, weekly and monthly activities to enjoy - with some unique events, too! If you or your mother have any questions, I'd be happy to talk to you personally.

Maria33 July 23, 2014

All I can say is everything is good at American House Westland. I have no negatives to say about it. The rooms were very a good size. The menu was good, as well as the food. The staff seemed like they go above and beyond. The residents get along well together and are very supportive of each other. It was a very nice and pleasant experience. They are doing some construction, and they are changing and upgrading the place. They are improving the place.

Thank you for all the positive things you had to say about our community! I appreciate it. Our staff works very hard to make sure this is a warm, inviting community in which our residents are having fun - and happy! We are always working to make improvements. Thanks for being patient with our construction projects while we finish them!

Stacey7 October 30, 2013

We choose American House for my client because of its price and location. The staff is good and the rooms are okay. It is a nice facility. The rates as compare to other places are better, but it is a costly thing for our senior. If they are looking and they have the money to afford it, I will refer them to that facility.

Thank you for recommending us, Stacey! Often times, when seniors weigh the costs of staying and home and maintaining their house, our community can be the same price or even lower. If I can be of any assistance to you or any of your clients, now or in the future, please call me personally.

Sincerely, Barbara Campbell Executive Director (734) 728-8670

Doris15 October 18, 2013

We just dropped in American House without an appointment and it didn't look very clean to me. The assisted living people did not eat with the independent living people. The staff was okay but they didn't know we were coming and they were not wonderful.

As our staff members are busy each day trying to make everything as enjoyable and pleasant as possible for our residents, I'm sorry you felt as though they were only OK during your visit. Please feel free to give me a call and we can arrange a proper tour for you to experience how lovely our community is!

Sincerely, Barbara Campbell Executive Director (734) 728-8670

Joan34 October 13, 2013

My dad has been living at American House before we transferred him. The staff that took care of him was good. My mom lived there too before she passed away. They had activities which were good but my dad was just not interested. They also had a van that took them out shopping sometimes.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Joan. I hope your parents enjoyed themselves while they were residents here - and thank you for leaving your feedback here! I really appreciate it.

Caring68792050 October 05, 2013

When we inquired at American House, I was impressed with the facility. I liked the surroundings and the area. The staff seemed to be accommodating. I also liked their activities for the residents. However, I was in an electric wheelchair and their handicap facility didn't fit me. We could get into a room, but, the shower wasn't that accessible.

I'm glad you appreciated all the amenities and features we offer for our residents! I'm sorry the shower wasn't easy for you to maneuver; please give me a call so I can see what possibilities are available for other rooms that may be more accommodating for you.

Leah6 September 27, 2013

I liked American House. I wished my mother could have stayed there because I knew it would have been better if she was there. They had a large dining room. They had apartments with stoves and refrigerators. They had transportation. They took their residents on trips. They had people come in to do their hair. However, she couldn't afford to live there. I would recommend them to others.

Thanks for noticing the amenities we offer our residents, and thanks for recommending us, Leah! Please feel free to give me a call and we can discuss possibilities for your mother - whether now or in the future.

koggies June 30, 2012

From what I saw of American House, it seemed like a decent assisted living facility. They often had events going on for residents. There were also occasional trips to the store, movies, and even a boat ride. The staff seemed helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable of the residents and their families. The food didn't seem that great but it was not some awful cafeteria food. The staff helped a good deal and showed up when called/needed. As with any place like this there was a issues time to time but nothing significant. The facilities were nice. Both interior and exterior looked new and kept up and provided a nice atmosphere. In general the residents seemed satisfied but most of that depends on their own mental state. Some nice extras that I saw was the salon that they have for appointments once a week and the drop in doctors, physical therapists, and other medical professionals.

Thanks, koggies, for noticing all the benefits our residents have by living here - and the amenities we offer! We work really hard to make sure it’s a fun place that our residents enjoy living at. Feel free to stop by my office if you have any questions, or if you’d like to request any special foods – we always welcome any feedback on improving our culinary department.

Sincerely, Barbara Campbell Executive Director 734-728-8670

TammyM May 12, 2012

I looked at many places before I chose the American House for my Grandmother. Their staff is amazing, they really care about the residents. They are reasonably priced, it's very well maintained, the menus are very well planned and offer choices to the residents. They have many activities and plan trips for the residents. If there is ever an issue they promptly take care of it. They offer good advice for residents families about programs that could help out for whatever type of situation you may come across with your family member. Over all I would highly recommend American House assisted Living facilities.

Dear TammyM,

We're so happy you chose American House Westland Hunter for your grandmother and we hope she is having fun here! Our staff cares about each resident and we put a lot of effort into making sure they are pleased with the activities and services being offered.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your positive feedback "” we really appreciate it! If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to call me.

Sincerely, Barbara Campbell, Executive Director (734) 728-8670

RANN1 January 07, 2012

This facility is nestled in the community of Westland, MI a western suburb of Detroit, MI. It is surrounded by well groomed lawns with many large trees on a boulevard of newer condominiums, walking paths, and is close to shopping and public transportation. Upon my many visits to the facility I was always greeted by welcome smiles from the staff and other residents. Upon entering the vestibule, each visitor must sign in with their name, time of visit and the name of the resident you are visiting. You must also sign out when you leave. Once approved you are let in to the "Grand Room" with adjacent dining area. This well appointed living room is to be enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. I noticed a few residents playing a friendly game of cards at a nearby game table ( there were several ) other residents enjoying the companionship of each other while working together on a jigsaw puzzle and still others sitting comfortably while chatting with their visitors. It is well lit and cheerful. On my many visits I witnessed the phenomenal care given to the residents from the Nurse Assistants, Housekeeping and Management staff. The facility provides the residents with 3 nutritious meals, well planned weekly entertainment events and scheduled outings to local interests for those that are ambulatory. Each suite though not large boasted a small but modern fully equipped kitchen, living/dining area, safety grip bathroom and bedroom. Many residents enjoyed the flexibility of preparing small meals and or heating up left overs brought by family members. The price was excellent and based on the level of care each resident needed; from minimal care to more advanced care. We shopped other facilities in the area but for the amenities we found at American House Westland-Hunter Senior, they could not be beat. Thumbs up!

We are so happy you loved our lovely community! We strive for an inviting, warm feel. Glad you felt welcomed! Thanks again for taking the time to leave your thoughts. It's much appreciated.

Sincerely, Barbara Campbell, Executive Director (734) 728-8670

From American House Westland Hunter Senior Living

We are located in the woods off of Hunter Ave. conveniently located near shopping and dinning. We have one and two bedroom apartments with full kitchens, temperature control, meals, daily maid service, and weekly housekeeping. A full social calendar and scheduled transportation is available.

Tucked quietly away near the convenience of Westland's prime shopping and entertainment area, American House Westland-Hunter is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Westland, Wayne, Garden City, Livonia, Canton, and Plymouth. We are also in close proximity to many hospitals including St. Mary Mercy Livonia, Garden City Hospital, and Botsford Hospital. Westland-Hunter Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Westland-Hunter Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens and private baths. Property amenities include a dining room, library, beauty salon, a cozy fireplace piano lounge, beautifully landscaped grounds, and much more.

We have an Activity Director who plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include 24-hour on-site management, scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Resident Services

• Restaurant style dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Available housekeeping services