Gardens at Westlake Senior Living

27569 Detroit Road, Westlake, OH, 44145

Reviews of Gardens at Westlake Senior Living

Frank42 August 14, 2015

The Gardens at Westlake was nice, and they were very helpful. My opinion differed a little from my wife's. She was happier with it than I was. I had a couple of points that I didn't like, but that is just the way I am. They were nice, and it was a relatively small community compared to the large one that we had looked at before in the area. It wasn't a big building or anything like that. It was just a two-storey, a little more spread out, and a little bit more in the country. I happen to be very familiar with the area that it is in because it is right where I grew up, and this is why we looked at it. It was a little more open, and I thought she'd enjoy that more than the building living. It is in an upper middle class neighborhood, a very nice open area.

Deborah110270850 July 15, 2015

I visited The Gardens. The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were very nice and very clean. They're also a little big. However, they didn't have a memory ward where my mom needed to be.

Well, they had movies, arts, and crafts. They had a few different things that my mom could participate in. They were good about security too. They make sure that they keep an eye on the residents. If they needed any help, somebody was there to help them. The dining area was very nice. They're excellent. Food was really good. If you're in assisted living and kind of independent. The Gardens at Westlake is an excellent facility.

Caring109707850 June 29, 2015

My mother is in the Gardens at Westlake, and we are very happy with it. The staff is very knowledgeable, and they have been helpful to me. The rooms look like the regular apartments or small condominiums. They are very nicely taken care of and very updated. They have Wi-Fi on site. They have good food. It is very delicious. They have dieticians and chefs on site. There are a lot of community events all the time. They have trips to museums and things of that nature.

Gene16 June 08, 2015

Jo Anne and I were very happy with our stay at the Gardens at Westlake. The loving care given to us was much more than we expected from the staff and caregivers. Thank you again.

Platonic June 01, 2015

The facility Activities Director Jason is a very caring and loving h Activity Director position. He and his staff put their whole heart in caring and making Residents and their loved ones enjoy themselves for preplanned festive activities at their Garden at Westlake . Especially enjoyed are their Date Nites . Their Culinary Chief and all his Staff are amazingly caring and loving to not only residents but visitors as well.

DaughterJB May 26, 2015

This is a beautiful facility, with very caring employees. My parents adjusted easily and are really enjoying their selves. They look forward to eating in the dining room and have gone to some of the activities that are available. The only thing that was not real clear is about transportation. During our meetings, it was stated that transportation was available 7 days a week, with Tues/Thurs put aside for doctors appointments. Each of my parents had a Saturday appointment, and the transportation would not take them. Over all, still a great place!

Claudia Hemminger May 19, 2015

My soon-to-be 92-year-old mother has been a resident here since September 2014 and neither she nor I could be happier. The Staff goes out of their ways to make sure she is comfortable and safe. If I have ever had questions, the nurses answer my questions fully and happil. The best thing about the Gardens is the receptionists. They are courteous and always helpful. The reception area is staffed from 8 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and the doors are locked at all other times making the residents safe and secure. I can't say enough great things about the Gardens at Westlake.

lostrander May 18, 2015

I have been a visitor in this facility on several occasions and I am never disappointed at what I see! The staff goes out of their way to accommodate both the residents and their visitors with any issue or just to say a kind word to make someone's' day a little brighter. I have had the pleasure of meeting the Executive Director and her team and I can say that I am truly impressed with their "teamwork" to ensure that every resident in their building is given the level of attention that is needed at any time. The building is immaculate and has a warm , welcoming feel about it and it is obvious that many of the individuals that reside there are happy and content to call the "Gardens" home.

frank filippelli May 16, 2015

My Mother has been a resident for 2 years now and I am pleased that the staff is caring and friendly.The transition of moving her in an assisted living environment was made simpler by the great staff of people there,from housekeepers and servers to the nurses and management.

RSillasen May 15, 2015

The welcoming atmosphere as soon as you walk in the door was very evident. I noticed it was very clean and had no unpleasant odor. The dining room service and food quality was excellent. The grounds and views were beautiful. I would definitely consider placing a family member there when it is time.

nhminister October 13, 2014

For the last 1 1/2 years I have been visiting several residents of the Garden three times as month. I have been impressed with the number of quality activities that the residents have to choose from. The staff is always ready to help each person enjoy their day and to always assist them reach their potential for a fulfilling life. There is a close relationship between staff and residents which is evident in their personal encounters. The moment I step into the facility I feel that I have personally been in someone's beautiful home. As the coordinator for a Senior and Nursing Home Ministry based out of a local church I am grateful for the commitment this facility has made to provide quality care to residents in order for them to have a quality life in their senior years.

mlm224 February 07, 2014

Eight years ago we completed an extensive search for an assisted living facility for my parents. We chose The Gardens at Westlake since it felt more like a home than an institution or hotel. The individual residences are apartment size and the facility has 97 units – big enough to provide a wide range of organized activities yet small enough to provide a sense of community. Many of the staff members, including caregivers, have been there the full eight years so they really get to know their residents and family members. Care plans, if needed, are focused on each individual’s personal needs. They keep us informed if there is something we should be made aware of in her care. Best of all, my mom (father has since passed) is comfortable and happy there and we don’t worry because we know she is being taken care of.

Nancy F February 07, 2014

The Gardens at Westlake is an assisted living facility in Westlake, Ohio, which also provides additional personal care services to residents if needed. Both of my parents have been residents in a two bedroom/two bath unit since November 2012, and we couldn't be happier with this. We have found the staff members at the Gardens to be friendly and caring individuals. We appreciate the fact that my father can receive the extra personal care services he needs from the caretakers, which takes the day to day pressure off of our mother. They have many wonderful planned programs and events at the facility, and outings available to their residents with transportation provided. Our parents are very comfortable and well taken care of at the Gardens. It's a great place to call home.

bmcphie3 February 05, 2014

The Gardens at Westlake has been the perfect place for my parents since moving from their large colonial after 37 years. Their apartment is spacious with an upstairs loft and half bath. They have their little dog, Pru, with them, and she is very much at home there. The staff is very caring and respectful of my parents and the family. We have called about concerns many times and are always assured that issues with my parents are taken care promptly. My parents are safe, comfortable, and happy with their new home. My sisters and I toured many assisted living facilities in the area, and the Gardens' accommodations, amenities, care, safety and activities exceeded our expectations for a new home for my parents. We are always welcomed by friendly staff. It is a happy, comfortable, and loving place to live.

berniee2000 August 15, 2013

Both of my parents are at Gardens of Westlake at the same apartment. It was one of the few that I found in the area that have two bedrooms and two baths, usually there's just one bath. They needed two baths; that was a requirement and they were able to do that. They're very caring people. They got decent staff and they work well. I have twenty-four hour aides for my parents and they work well with them. It's very convenient and they have a lot of events. My mom is currently enrolled in what they call Residents' Club which is for Alzheimer's patients to keep their minds active and delay the progress of the disease.

jordan22 August 27, 2012

Our great aunt Olga was in this assisted living facility. she was in there for 2 years and 6 months. She was recovering from a car accident. This facility was a great place for her. She received around the clock care 7 days a week. the nurses and all of the staff were the best people we had ever met. The facility had key codes to enter at all times. You had to also sign in at the front, so security was also great. the patients there always had a great meal, good company and many things to do. Every week the facility planned out meals for everyone to choose from. The staff would join them to eat. They always had activities before and after each meal. This place was so great to our great aunt that I give it 5 out of five stars. I also would recommend it to anyone and everyone that asked about it.

From Gardens at Westlake Senior Living

The Gardens at Westlake is a welcoming senior living community nestled in the heart of Westlake, a vibrant community with many amenities, and located only 15 minutes from downtown Cleveland. A variety of shopping venues and restaurants are nearby at Crocker Park and the Promenade at Westlake. With easy access to the interstates I-90 and I-480, it is easy for family members and friends to come visit. Our spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments feature patios, balconies or bay windows overlooking 11 beautiful wooded acres. We offer residents the flexibility of choice such as varied floor plans, restaurant-style dining and an extensive activities calendar to satisfy an array of interests. A plethora of activities and excursions to local restaurants, shops, museums, and other attractions keep our residents as busy as they want to be!

Private, wooded surroundings provide a peaceful environment conveniently located in the heart of Westlake.

Features of Gardens at Westlake Senior Living

• Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer classes

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Dining extra: All apartments have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55