The Bristal Assisted Living at Westbury

117 Post Ave., Westbury, NY, 11590

Reviews of The Bristal Assisted Living at Westbury

Linda86272750 July 20, 2014

The Bristal is very nice, clean, and modern. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The people are more independent, and are involved in the activities. The staff is very nice. My dad is in a friendship suite, and has to share the bathroom. They have a lot of trips and a lot of activities going on. It would be best for people who do not have so many issues going on.

jparteach February 27, 2014

I was very impressed by all this facility had to offer. There are a lot of options for activities and numerous areas within the facility for someone to be during the course of the day. I got a very warm feeling when I was there.

Flower123 December 23, 2013

I just love this facility. It has all I need. The facility is beautiful. They do everything for you, laundry, meals, cleaning. Its like living at a beautiful palace. I'm so glad that I made the decision to come here,.. my life is so much easier, with no stress and no worries. thank g-d for the bristal

Ellen12 August 15, 2013

Bristal at Westbury was really nice. It was also a little older than the one we had looked at. Nevertheless, it appeared taken care of very well. You could definitely be proud to bring people there. However, they did not have the two-bedroom apartments that my parents wanted.

Drew3 May 29, 2013

When I visited The Bristal, I can see that the place is very clean and well kept. The staff were very nice and very professional. They ushered me around to the dining room and the common area in which the residents are taken to. Their kitchen room was very, very small. They also showed me a studio-type room in which the bedroom is also small.

Rachel 1 April 09, 2013

I thought the Bristal at Westbury was great. The lady who gave us the tour, Gloria, was very, very nice. You could tell that she loves her job. She really was helpful and she wanted to make my father feel comfortable. The place was very clean. I think the reason my father didn't want to select this place is the location. It's in a very commercial area and right next to the train station. But it's a very beautiful place. It's just right so close to the road and there's not a lot of property.

Alicia18 December 03, 2012

The entire environment is amazing. The staff, at least who I see when I go, is amazing and is great with my grandmother. Whenever she needs help, all I see are smiling faces and the nursing are just great. The facility itself is very clean and well organized; I never have any issues finding where I need to go. I visit my grandmother frequently and so far I think we all made a great choice in choosing Bristal as her new home. They have a lot of events, such as fitness classes and support groups to keep her and her neighbors occupied. Everyday, there are a variety of activities anyone can participate in (including me when I go visit her). When I go to visit her I can tell she is right at home (since I know some seniors see assisted living as their family abandoning them) it makes me so happy to see her in her element at Bristal

banus September 11, 2012

The atmosphere is great when you enter. It doesn't feel like an assisted living. They make great friendships with the other people. He wasn't unhappy or anything. He even had a girlfriend and he was flirting with her all the time. If I was to get old I would want to be at an assisted living because I can make friends and never be lonely. Life is too short to stay home all alone. They have planned meals daily on time. They would never forget to take their medications because even if they did there is always somebody to remind them and make sure that they take their medications on time. It is fun and safe environment both for men and women.For my friend's grandfather it was surely better than him staying with his daughter and be home alone. He is very happy to be there and that is all that matters.

dd1 August 01, 2012

my mom has been at the bristal westbury for one year. she is always very clean and taken care of. even though she does not know what is going on it reassures me that she is well cared for.

Shanice Lyons July 30, 2012

The place seemed very friendly. The place was clean. It seemed like a loving a care environment. Everyone seemed to get along. The prices are more than reasonable. You have so many things right here in one place. They have people who come in and sing to the residents and they have numerous different activities available to them. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is looking for an assisted living type of home. Even though family members don't live with you in the facility they will always feel welcomed. The caring and loving staff make them feel right at home when they come to visit. Just my one visit made me feel like I was apart of the family. My grandmother felt very comfortable as if she was being left in good hands. Thats something that you look for when you look around for facilities. Somewhere that you can call home.

Lisa7 July 07, 2012

My dad is at The Bristal Westbury and loves everything about it. The food is wonderful the staff is caring and he is having so much fun. I am so glad we made this move

rob1230 May 03, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly. This made visiting easy and convenient. The facilities were kept very well. From what I could tell the care given was excellent. My great grandmother was 93 years old when she lived here and she seemed happier here than when she was living on her own.

CassidyQ2495 March 07, 2012

The facility was as expected, the staff was friendly, my aunt was well taken care of and i heard minimal complaints. at times i would recieve calls from my aunt saying the facility was neglectful at times but whenever i came to visit they seemed attentive and rather friendly. overall the place seemed like a good choice for her and shes happy with the assistance because many things she can't do alone and I work long hours so i can't be there to help her whereas they can. i put complete trust in their service and would reccomend others.

maryann C. November 28, 2011

My Aunt was a resident of the Britol in Westbury and I thought the facility was very professional and caring. She prevviously stayed at anothe rfacillity for aout 4 months and it was a nightmare as far a care goes. At the Britol the staff was so caring they treated her as though she was part of there family. When ever we went to visit her she always had a smile on her face. The bristol was a wonderful place for my aunt to spend her last year pf her life.. I would highly recommend it to anyone. As I said I had other facilities to compare it with and it was indeed the best place for our loved one to be taken care of.

Heart4elders July 27, 2011

The residents who live at The Westbury Bristal are there because they need assistance with their daily lives. Many of the residents that I encountered at the facility eventually grew to like having their lives orchestrated. The residents typically would complain about the afternoon entertainment of budding artists coming in for the afternoon to sing them "happy songs." The staff or anyone who was around, would be in charge of taking the residents down to the party room for that afternoon's event. Most of the residents would mostly sleep throughout the event or sneak off when nobody was looking. It wasn't uncommon to walk into the facility and see the residents asleep in the party room, café or just catching a snooze on the seats of their walkers in a hallway. Having their hair and nails done was a big part of the resident's day. Even if they didn't want their hair done, they would be called numerous times to come down or an aide would go to their room and escort them down to the salon. Most of the residents would stop coming to the salon because the prices were too high or they didn't like being forced to get a service done simply because their name appeared on a list. The main reason the residents didn't like coming to get their hair done, was because the chairs were unsafe. The shampoo chair was broken for years. The chair would not lock and residents would have to hold on when sitting in the chair. This caused the chair to move and the resident would lose their balance and almost hit the floor if no one was there to help them into the chair. The maintenance department was notified about the chair, but nothing was ever done. We were told by the maintenance man that the administration was not going to fix the chair because they had empty rooms to fill and could not worry about fixing a chair. A new chair was not in the budget.

From The Bristal Assisted Living at Westbury

The Bristal Assisted Living at Westbury is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry and housekeeping services, cablevision and scheduled transportation to shopping, community activities and group outings.

At The Bristal, individuals will find that help is available, if needed, for personal care, medication management, meals, housekeeping, laundry, recreation and 24-hour per day supervision with our high staff-to-resident ratio, compassionate, and expertly-trained staff. Residents have a choice of friendship suites, studios, and one bedroom apartments, replete with roomy kitchens and generous bathrooms. In addition, each Bristal houses a special area call Reflections for those adults who have early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and other memory related cognitive disorders.

A definite benefit of The Bristal at Westbury is its ideal "walk into town" location. A short stroll leads right to the heart of Westbury, where stores and quaint shops of all kinds can be found. In fact, with Westbury so close by, even residents who don't have cars can enjoy independent access to the things they need: an unexpected sundry, a trip to the bank or an afternoon at the library. With the LIRR right nearby, an excursion into NYC is quick and hassle-free.

Features of The Bristal Assisted Living at Westbury