Landmark at Monastery Heights

110 Monastery Avenue, West Springfield, MA, 01089

Reviews of Landmark at Monastery Heights

Joan115258950 October 30, 2015

We chose Landmark at Monastery Heights because of their memory impairment component called Morning Star, and that's really what attracted me to it. The staff was outstanding, very caring and very attentive to my mom and to me and they made this experience so much easier for us. She is in a studio apartment by herself and it has a small window, a bed and a bath. The dining area and the food were excellent. She raves about how her day goes and her interaction with the other residents. She is improving considerably. I was impressed with them and how outstanding, Michelle, the marketing director is.

Anonymous114684950 October 28, 2015

I was not really impressed with Landmark at Monastery Heights. I looked at the one room that they were offering (which might have been a room for respite), and it was so small. My aunt uses a walker, and there wasn't even room to walk around the bed. I thought it was very small and the hallways were very dark because it used to be a monastery. There was a lot of wood paneling, which was kind of dark, but the residents seemed to like it there very much. The staff was very nice and very helpful. I didn’t particularly like the dining room. Again, because this was a former monastery, the windows were way up high toward the ceiling, and I thought it was very dark. I did talk to some of the residents. They were in the gathering area for a musical thing, and one woman said to me, "She is just going to love it here." So, obviously, they were quite happy to be there. It gets high ratings and the local area is the best around, and Landmark came up as the best for assisted living, but it was not some place I would consider for my aunt. My aunt would have needed somebody to bring her to the dining room, and that costs extra. Their basic package wasn't really big, and everything else was an additional charge. Even though their rates were lower than the other places, they didn't include as much.

Dave28 February 27, 2015

My mother is in The Landmark at Monastery Heights. I think their programs are festive. People that I talk with outside the Monastery have positive things to say about them. I think the price is right. The facility is very attractive, and they seem to have the results that they are striving for. I don't know exactly what they have, but my mother stays busy at least five hours a day. They are capable of making her go out and eat with the rest of the people there which she was not doing before. She is much more active than she was before. The staff seems very friendly, confident, and willing to help. In the three months that she has been there, she has improved in her spirit and her physical capabilities, and she is much happier.

greatcare December 30, 2014

You could not find a more loving, nurturing place than the Morningstar unit for people with dementia at Monastery Heights, My mom spent more than a year there before she died and the care was beyond anything I or my family could have imagined,

James90899450 August 07, 2014

Landmark is close to mom's home. It's in the same community in which she lived. It was a former monastery that was converted into an assisted living facility. It's a very nice place with mahogany wood throughout. The people who work there seem very committed, very professional, and very caring about the patients there. It is a private room with a twin bed and a private bathroom.

I ate there one evening with her and the food was very good. I think she's doing well there. The food is one good thing about Landmark because I don't think she was eating very well before. The dining room is very nice because it used to be the monastery's dining room, too. There are big windows, high ceilings, and mahogany wood paneling around the sides. There are all types of activities: movies and a lot of interactive things. I think the facility and also the grounds are really beautiful.

Joanne2 May 22, 2012

Looking for a facility is really quite difficult since we are looking for a place that is within the price range. We've visited this facility and it was nice and the place is comfortable. They provide a wide range of services from standard program to individual service programs, based on their resident needs. I really like the place but based on our financial situation, it is something that is quite expensive for us.

From Landmark at Monastery Heights

The Landmark at Monastery Heights has been completely restored and is now a beautiful senior living community, offering independent and assisted living as well as a special program for the memory impaired. Much of the Monastery's original beauty has been preserved; stained glass windows, the chapel, dining room and the large wooden doors & windows. The historic beauty of the stone building combined with 18 acres of magnificent ground have made the Monastery a true landmark of Western Massachusetts.

Monastery Heights is set on 18 acres of beautiful grounds. Each apartment has a unique layout with plenty of space and natural light. The community offers natural woodwork, stained glass, vaulted ceiling, a private chapel and historical charm and warmth.

Features of Landmark at Monastery Heights

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Chapel

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum memory care rate: $3,900/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Landmark at Monastery Heights